What size am I in ladies?

ben0510

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
HI. I want to buy some used ladies clothing on ebay. if anyone sees it in the spare room, I'll say its for fancy dress. can someone please tell me what size I am in ladies clothing?. I am 5'9 tall. 36 waist. I weigh 172 pounds, which is about 12stone I think. thanks.

Reactions: Kittyinpink
18 fits me I'm 13 stone, in English size

Last edited:
chrischrischris said:
18 fits me I'm 13 stone, in English size
ok thanks for the reply. I'm thinking maybe size 16 for a nice comftable fit.

• Love
Reactions: chrischrischris
Yes looking at your size think size 16 would fit you best wouldn't go smaller than that , nothing worst getting a dress and you can't get it on

This one is 2 xl fits me just a bit bigger than you

Screenshot_20221105-113425.png

Reactions: OnePiece
thanks. something like that would be excellent.

• Love
Reactions: chrischrischris
It's japanese lolita dress

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Jorelaxed
I'd simply go to any clothing web site such as Amazon and look at the size charts for different items. Most size charts for women's clothing will have measurements for bust, waist, and other measurements. Look at several different ones and you should find what would generally be your size.

Reactions: chrischrischris and Kittyinpink
Definitely 18 , and probably 16 also , the sizes are not equil.. like a 16 will be perfect but sometimes to small and a 18 will be perfect and sometimes to big.. the sizing isn't 100 %
Enjoy !

• Love
Reactions: GatoChihuahua and chrischrischris
Peesalot said:
I'd simply go to any clothing web site such as Amazon and look at the size charts for different items. Most size charts for women's clothing will have measurements for bust, waist, and other measurements. Look at several different ones and you should find what would generally be your size.
Yes. This.

The sizing in womenswear can vary by the manufacturer. Also if they provide a sizing chart, it might be one they found on the internet which may not fit their clothing.

Reactions: babylock1 and chrischrischris
Seasonedcitizen said:
The sizing in womenswear can vary by the manufacturer. Also if they provide a sizing chart, it might be one they found on the internet which may not fit their clothing.
^ Best answer yet. Womens apparel is all over the place on sizes. If you can't try it on in a store, then here's my tips:
1. Communicate with the seller. Ask for measurements.
2. Many far east sellers don't have strict quality control.. meaning even if they have a size chart, it doesn't mean they followed it strictly.
3. Read reviews. It's not about what the manufacturer or retailer says about the product, it's about what the buyers say.
4. Teach yourself about fabrics, materials. You can't predict how it'll fit if you don't understand the properties and behaviors of various fabrics.
5. Try Poshmark if you'd like good prices on new or previously loved clothing, shipped discreetly. Most sellers are willing to answer questions about the items they're offering, including measurements they've taken themselves. But for god's sake, don't ask for a photo of them modeling it for you. ;)
6. The proportions of a male body are typically significantly different than women's bodies. You most often can't rely on just one measurement. Depending on what you buy, chest measurement, bust measurement, sleeve length, torso length, inseam, shoulder width, waist size, hip size... even bicep or thigh size, can all play a part in whether it "fits". Learn how to measure yourself and which measurements are important to the article you're interested in... but waist + weight alone have very little value in most cases.

ps...... it's 2022. Stop freaking out about walking into a store and holding the item up to yourself to gauge it's sizing. No sales associate even gives a crap if it's for you anymore. Many of them will even help you find what you need... after you stop shaking and having a nervous breakdown. <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, babylock1, PaddedRita and 3 others
YMMV - the Gold Standard is to have the garment in hand and TRY for size making note of the labeled sizing and actual
tape measure measurements.
Great when there is a {bracket} of sizes to determine what fits the best !
When the garment has a zipper or buttoned closing expect not much tolerance in the sizing - having an elastic flexible panel
is going to be much better - even kilts or wrap skirts have a degree of a size or two of leeway.
Beware the Asian foreign made garments - fine print - "MANUAL METHOD MEASUREMENTS MAY VARY 2.5 CM"

Cardinal rule if the WAIST can not be made larger to pass over the HIPS - it is just not going to pass fitting muster.

Nice to wear tight form fitting clothing - but care that you don't overstress the seaming stitching even the fairly flat open
areas leading to a newfound exposure index ! LOL !

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Back