What is your preferred method of wetting

My urine just comes out when I'm lying in bed,I wet uncontrollably while asleep,I love the feeling of the warm diaper between my legs and I sometimes wet myself first thing in the morning without noticing it
theancientmariner said:
It's something I've been pondering for a while. When I got back into diapers, I was worried about loosing my continence, but that eventually went away. I have however found my bladder to not be able to hold as much as it used to. I know it may be getting colder, and I should drink more water, but my urine output has significantly decreased. I think it may have something to do with the way I wet myself. When I'm padded, I just let it out, and resist the urge to wink my sphincter like I do when I'm using the toilet. Does that do anything to you in the long run? I don't wear a lot; Typically I'll give myself a 5 day break in between, and there's times where I'll stay padded like that for a week straight. Does anyone else wet themselves like that, or do you hold it in and then let it out? Of course this question is for ABDLs, but I also appreciate input from those who are IC too

Reactions: Wetshisbed
I'm a long time incontinent. I wet small amounts, but frequently. If I am sitting in certain positions, urine may not flow freely and I will feel a stronger flow when I stand up. I'm a side sleeper. I've noticed that I wet more heavily when I shift my position, although I will dribble slowly through the night if I stay in one position. My diaper is pretty heavy in the morning.

I wear MegaMax with plastic pants and sleep on a washable plastic-backed pad. There's also a waterproof mattress cover. I almost never have a wet bed.

Freddie07601 said:
I'm a long time incontinent. I wet small amounts, but frequently. If I am sitting in certain positions, urine may not flow freely and I will feel a stronger flow when I stand up. I'm a side sleeper. I've noticed that I wet more heavily when I shift my position, although I will dribble slowly through the night if I stay in one position. My diaper is pretty heavy in the morning.

I wear MegaMax with plastic pants and sleep on a washable plastic-backed pad. There's also a waterproof mattress cover. I almost never have a wet bed.
You remind me of exactly what I need: a mattress protector.

Danielgartin691993 said:
My urine just comes out when I'm lying in bed,I wet uncontrollably while asleep,I love the feeling of the warm diaper between my legs and I sometimes wet myself first thing in the morning without noticing it
And you can sleep without one on too?

theancientmariner said:
And you can sleep without one on too?
No I can't I get upset when I get wet

Forced said:
I do both, but I prefer to hold on until I either have to let go or my GF spots the signs and tells me to use the nappy she put me in
Oh that’s so cute!!

I just let it go in a diaper if I need to go. Sometimes, I hold it a bit longer if there is a serious business to be done or I am walking quickly. I usually crouch a bit or semi-squat because, being a male and preferring to position my boy thing upward in diapers, I have experienced that the pee spreads more evenly down in your crotch if you squat a bit.

WoollyAndJoshy said:
The more you just let go without holding it the more your bladder capacity will reduce. Subsequently, the more often you’ll need to go. If you make your bladder work by holding it then the more you train it to wait for a toilet.

Ultimately, you may not become incontinent but you can get Overactive Bladder Syndrome. This is basically where you always end up feeling like you need to pee. People with OAB often find themselves needing to wear a nappy as they need to go so often and they can’t constantly sit on a toilet.
I have worn diapers for a long time but not all the time. When I wear diapers, I just went when I felt the need and not holding on. My bladder has shrunk and when I go most of the time it feels like I need to go again. I have retention now as well and drip without knowing. Mostly after going. I do find I leak a little during the day as well. I put this down to wearing diapers. My Urologist has advised to do bladder training. I am waiting for an appointment with then nurse to run though this. My nurse though I should use a catheter at night to drain before bed, since I retain urine. My Urologist did not agree at this point and see if the training will help.

Babybub said:
I have worn diapers for a long time but not all the time. When I wear diapers, I just went when I felt the need and not holding on. My bladder has shrunk and when I go most of the time it feels like I need to go again. I have retention now as well and drip without knowing. Mostly after going. I do find I leak a little during the day as well. I put this down to wearing diapers. My Urologist has advised to do bladder training. I am waiting for an appointment with then nurse to run though this. My nurse though I should use a catheter at night to drain before bed, since I retain urine. My Urologist did not agree at this point and see if the training will help.
Catheter usage caused a bad bladder infection for me and I still wet my bed at night

Danielgartin691993 said:
Catheter usage caused a bad bladder infection for me and I still wet my bed at night
This is way my Urologist would rather try training first.

It depends on the diaper I am wearing, if I know its a good diaper then I just let it go no matter if I'm standing sitting, or laying down.

Babybub said:
What the heck do you mean by bladder training? I am never holding it in again because if I hold it in I’ll leak and if I leak without a diaper on, I’m a baby. or at least I should be treated like one I don’t like wetting without a diaper on it irritates my skin

Last edited:
Babybub said:
And also I can’t feel when I need to pee unless it’s already too late because I have neuropathy

Back