What is it like getting older as an AB?

I'm in my late 60's and find myself becoming more of a DL than an AB which is
kinda interesting since my wife is more willing to treat me like a baby now. I do
enjoy the adult side of my life quite a bit although the urge to be diapered is
getting increasingly strong lately. I really have come to terms with how I am
and as I said, my wife is getting more "into" it as we age, she really seems to enjoy
babying me lately. (not complaining of course). It's not an easy thing dealing with the
feelings we have but as previous posters have said (and I totally agree) life is
too short, enjoy it while you can.

Reactions: paul484819, BobbiSueEllen and Nottylu
dogboy said:
I feel much like what Bobafettish said. Though I'm now 76, the kid inside me is alive and well. I too feel a lot younger than many of my similar aged friends. I think many of you have seen the kid in me by some of my more funny or silly responses. Kids laugh and play and there's still that part in me, just not as much. Pain does that to you but I'm not going to let it defeat me, at least not now.
I agree with this. I am 74 and have had the new knee, hip and the prostate operation that many of my age group need, but the kid is still alive in me, he just hides more and I have to coax him out occasionally. I have never been the real AB rather a soggy 6 year old that has a fascination for the world. That fascination is still there and he still enjoys his nappies (he keeps playing and forgets to go to the toilet). And, yes, when I go travelling, I still take my teddy bear (actually 2).
I also agree with dogboy about many of my friends who are much younger than me seem/act like old men!

Last edited:
Reactions: paul484819, BuffedBaby, dogboy and 1 other person
Being 47 has afforded me years of dealing with this part of me, which I've become very good at. I've been through the agony of binge / purge cycles. Thrown out things I saved hard earned money for. The road has not been totaly bump free. But it has been well worth it! Over the years I've learned to deal with this part of me, mostly acceptance.
I think the one thing that has gotten to me more than anything alse was the (I chuckle as I say it) the younger AB/DL people. I really disliked being on the outside of their cliques. People not into ABDL I can deal with, but to be shunned by others who have this very same fondness of diapers hurt.
But as with other things in life even that, I learned to deal with. I was never mean, never said or sought to do anything hurtful. I just stepped back and watched them navagate the same obstacles I encountered. I wanted so much to help by giving them encouragement or advice that helped me. But such was not welcomed.
Other than those younger ABDL folks that want nothing to do with the older ABDL folks, I've lead a great life so far. I've traveled around the US. Going to be traveling abroad next year with my family. I'm still able to run & play with my daughter at the parks. I go on rides at county fairs and theme park. Do bicycle rides and go swimming and camping. My heart swells with so much happiness when I can do things for my daughter, things I didn't have at her age. I can still feel that magical spark of life.
I love sharing those things with people. Getting older, doesn't seem to affect me the way it appears to affect others my age. Maybe it is because I am ABDL and therefore young at heart that my outlook on life isn't all doom & gloom. I love being able to go do just about anything I want.
I guess for me, I am still the same person I was more than 30 years ago. Only now I have the resources to do whatever I want (maniacal cackle) LOL

Reactions: BuffedBaby, dogboy, Kayleigh and 2 others
DiaperedCherub said:
Being 47 has afforded me years of dealing with this part of me, which I've become very good at. I've been through the agony of binge / purge cycles. Thrown out things I saved hard earned money for. The road has not been totaly bump free. But it has been well worth it! Over the years I've learned to deal with this part of me, mostly acceptance.
I think the one thing that has gotten to me more than anything alse was the (I chuckle as I say it) the younger AB/DL people. I really disliked being on the outside of their cliques. People not into ABDL I can deal with, but to be shunned by others who have this very same fondness of diapers hurt.
But as with other things in life even that, I learned to deal with. I was never mean, never said or sought to do anything hurtful. I just stepped back and watched them navagate the same obstacles I encountered. I wanted so much to help by giving them encouragement or advice that helped me. But such was not welcomed.
Other than those younger ABDL folks that want nothing to do with the older ABDL folks, I've lead a great life so far. I've traveled around the US. Going to be traveling abroad next year with my family. I'm still able to run & play with my daughter at the parks. I go on rides at county fairs and theme park. Do bicycle rides and go swimming and camping. My heart swells with so much happiness when I can do things for my daughter, things I didn't have at her age. I can still feel that magical spark of life.
I love sharing those things with people. Getting older, doesn't seem to affect me the way it appears to affect others my age. Maybe it is because I am ABDL and therefore young at heart that my outlook on life isn't all doom & gloom. I love being able to go do just about anything I want.
I guess for me, I am still the same person I was more than 30 years ago. Only now I have the resources to do whatever I want (maniacal cackle) LOL
I'm over 60 and feel disconnect with younger people in so many ways, including diaper stuff. I'd like to connect with more people from my generation because we grew differently from what I see. Everyone has to accept others but don't judge, we've got alot of info to pass on in so many ways.

Reactions: BuffedBaby and DiaperedCherub
DiaperedCherub said:
OMG stay out of my head! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperedCherub, ianwee and BobbiSueEllen
Nottylu said:
I'm over 60 and feel disconnect with younger people in so many ways, including diaper stuff. I'd like to connect with more people from my generation because we grew differently from what I see. Everyone has to accept others but don't judge, we've got alot of info to pass on in so many ways.
I feel that way too sometimes. I am grateful at my job though that most of the young people seem to really like me.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, DiaperedCherub, ianwee and 1 other person
googlyeyes467 said:
I'm in my 30s now and know the AB side of me is going to be with me for life.

I really enjoy it but I'm looking toward the future and wondering what it is going to be like getting older.

For those of you who are in your late 30s and up, what has it been like? Do you feel like you found your people and became more comfortable with yourself? Or do you feel like you've received increased stigma? How do you enjoy being AB now versus when you were younger?

Any insight would help. Thanks :)
Its an interesting question, Googlyeyes. For many of us as we grow older, sadly illness and disability can impact on our lives. So can the other effects of ageing on our appearance, physical fitness, etc. This can sometimes affect our AB and/or DL experiences in later life. However, one of the benefits of age is gaining experience and knowledge, and (hopefully) developing a more understanding and tolerant attitude towards other people. Here within the adisc community I have never encountered any barriers to communication or any negativity or prejudice from other members in relation to my age. It is possible that some of us may become a little more dogmatic and set-in-our-ways as we age, but \i don't think this would necessarily affect our enjoyment and pleasure in what we have become and what we enjoy.
Many of us go through stages where we decide to abandon our interests in AB, DL or other activities, but this is not a consequence part of ageing, but more a consequence of us re-examining our own feelings and actions - often in response to changes in our relationships with others, and our innermost feelings about ourselves.
These are just my views, on which and I am happy to be challenged if people disagree.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Nottylu and DiaperedCherub
ianwee said:
These are just my views, on which and I am happy to be challenged if people disagree.
That is one of the big draws for me about THIS website. Most people are very civil & mature enough to carry on a conversation without getting all bent out of shape. Maybe that's not part of getting older, , , well maybe it could be, lol. Either way you made a great point.

Reactions: googlyeyes467, BBBen, Nottylu and 3 others
DiaperedCherub said:
That is one of the big draws for me about THIS website. Most people are very civil & mature enough to carry on a conversation without getting all bent out of shape. Maybe that's not part of getting older, , , well maybe it could be, lol. Either way you made a great point.
Thank you :)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
For me at 50 I have accpeted this side of me.

Reactions: BuffedBaby and Nottylu
googlyeyes467 said:

I really enjoy it but I'm looking toward the future and wondering what it is going to be like getting older.

For those of you who are in your late 30s and up, what has it been like? Do you feel like you found your people and became more comfortable with yourself? Or do you feel like you've received increased stigma? How do you enjoy being AB now versus when you were younger?

The more I have experimented the more I have leaned to understand this side
Of myself, from the incontinent need, to dl, to ab. Its only been with time and kindness towards myself for finally letting myself feel this that I have been able to accept really who I am, all sides. I am in my early 40s and I absolutely know more what I like and don’t for every aspect of my life and a big part of it was living through my 30s. So live give yourself time snd be kind. As you grow you will know more of this side of yourself what you like and don’t like.

Reactions: DiaperedCherub, googlyeyes467, Nottylu and 2 others
googlyeyes467 said:

As I see it what does age matter when you are enjoying what you are doing. All I see ge as is just another number in the rocky road we call life. So don't let it hold you back do what you enjoy

Back