24/7/365. Since 2009. Spine injury.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Pantyman said:
That's the best! I love that warmth wet feel and sleep so good afterwards
I sleep so much better when wet. I always have

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, nectar0001, GoodnitesXL21 and 1 other person
Tenaman said:
I wet the bed every night and for the most part am completely unconscious of wetting but occasionally I will be half awake and will just wet my nappy and go back to sleep. Various spinal issues now mean I wear nappies 24/7 and i am only conscious of wetting when I feel my nappy getting wet. Occasionally I don’t even feel that or don’t remember wetting and will only realise how wet my nappy is when I check if I need to change. Normally about four hours but sometimes as few as two.
For the most part I only know I am wet if my nappy leaks or I feel the warmth spreading through my nappy. At night my bladder just empties at will. I usually sleep through it but occasionally I am sort of aware of the need to pea but just let it flow and drift back to sleep.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, gobphus, Karoq and 1 other person
Me too !

gobphus said:
Thanks for contributing to this thread. You seem to be aware of wetting sometimes but not to have any control over it. I wonder why you wake up at all before wetting.
Correct. During the daytime the first I know I am wetting will be when I can feel my nappy getting wet. At night, as a rule I wake up wet in the morning but will sometimes wake earlier when wet and will change into a dry nappy only to be wet again when I wake up/get up. And almost without exception I will wet as soon as I get up. Because of issues and pain in the lower back and hip I can’t sleep in any one position for much longer than an hour or two at most without having to change position and so there are times when I am half awake and it is at those times when I can be aware of needing/starting to wet but can’t stop/control it so will just use my nappy. That’s what it’s there for after all!

Reactions: Bigbabybret, PadPhilosopher and gobphus
Wetshisbed said:
For the most part I only know I am wet if my nappy leaks or I feel the warmth spreading through my nappy. At night my bladder just empties at will. I usually sleep through it but occasionally I am sort of aware of the need to pea but just let it flow and drift back to sleep.
Likewise

I'll start with the night. I started wearing a diaper for better sleep since I have OAB. But only when before important events or when you are very tired. Then for some reason I started doing it more often. But the last months I sleep in a diaper every night because I got used to it. I either have a dream that I pee or wake up halfway through.
During the day, when I'm in a diaper, it happens somewhat half-consciously, like swatting at a mosquito.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and gobphus
I have no idea when I'm leaking most of the time occasionally I'll feel a drip.

aligator said:
I'll start with the night. I started wearing a diaper for better sleep since I have OAB. But only when before important events or when you are very tired. Then for some reason I started doing it more often. But the last months I sleep in a diaper every night because I got used to it. I either have a dream that I pee or wake up halfway through.
During the day, when I'm in a diaper, it happens somewhat half-consciously, like swatting at a mosquito.
Do you like waking up halfway through? That’s my favorite way to wet. More intense sensation, filling my consciousness.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and nectar0001
gobphus said:
Do you like waking up halfway through? That’s my favorite way to wet. More intense sensation, filling my consciousness.
just like sex in the middle of the night.

• Wow
  • Love
Fireball44 said:
just like sex in the middle of the night.
Best answer comment day!

• Sad
When I wet at night I don't notice that and sleep through which I'm glad about. Nothing better than a good, uninterupted night of sleep. At daytime I notice it when I wet because I still feel the urge but it happens so fast that making it to the toilet is not possible. But after over 10 years 24/7 in diapers I got so used to the feeling of a wet diaper that I sometimes need to check just how full it is. Usually that is not a problem as I have my routine of changes and liquid intakes but when I'm a gaming spree or on outdoor activities and I'm off routine I need to check once in a while. Although that is mostly for my mind to be at ease as I use appropriate capacity wrapping on these occasions.

Cheers

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, gobphus, chamberpot and 1 other person
I used to know with like 10min time to pee, that was about the best i've ever had, at night i was always waking up in the morning wet, never had that change, wether i sleep at night or the day i usually will wake up wet unless i dont sleep very lonh, but anything more than 3-4hrs and there is little chance of being dry.

Now, during the day, i might get a twinge and then have to pee NOW, and i do try to goto the bathroom as much as i can, but my mobility is not that great, even though the bathroom is just down the master hall, i still dont make it all the time.

When out there is NO chance i can go without a diaper, i'd be wet at some point, as getting to a bathroom and being in a wheelchair is not easy, and TBH dont even try anymore when out of the house.

I mean also, how do "normal" people do holding pee for hours and hours, my dentist worked on my teeth for like 6 hours without any break for them at all, they started to ask about a break for me, then sorta stopped as i'm sure they saw my diaper when transfering out of the wheelchair and TBH getting out of the dentist chair and in the wheelchair then into a bathroom and such would take so long....

So, how do people go 5 hours without a pee break ?????

Never had the ability to go that long in my life...

But, when i sleep, i dont know about wetting at all, and when in the wheelchair or in the harness in the van (harness in the weelchair too) with the diaper beeing pressed up a bit and usually a bit extra heat down there, i cant tell if the diaper is slightly wet or not and really dont know when i go most the time. I know when i get a pain in the neck(bad part of my back) or a bad jolt to my back i wet immediatly with the muscles tightning up and the pain all leads to a wet diaper, least some.

I only get out of the house about once a week now, which is btetter than like 1-2 times a year previous (minus a dr appt), but i see nothing happening to make things any better. Now i do still try to make it to the bathroom and try to do the stairs every day for strength and work my legs every day multiple time, as such i think working the bladder is just part of my routine to keep everything i have control over forr as long as i can, I dont want to loose any more function that i have already, but it will happen eventually to most.

Bottom line, Whatever function you have, do everything you can to keep it, even if you need to wear a diaper, try to make to bathroom or try to hold it as much as you can to keep whatver function you have left, as its likely that once you lose it you wont get it back.

Reactions: ryanbailey, PadPhilosopher and gobphus
In 2003 I injured my back. While I was hospitalized I wore diapers because my mobility was limited and I unconsciously wet every night. During the day I consciously wet because it was easier and less painful than getting out of bed. Also, during PT the physical stress and strain cause incontinences,.
After recovery it was more difficult for me to hold urine and I occasionally (once or twice a month wet the bed). That has improved over the decades, but I still prefer to wear diapers.
I am semi conscious of wetting especially when asleep. I'll usually half wake and just go right back to sleep. It's similar to waking from a dream except I know I'm wetting. I just choose to ignore it. During the day it's barely a decision. I just wet while continuing whatever I am doing. I've been wearing diapers for a long time and it took years for me to be relaxed enough not to let wetting upset my day,

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, ryanbailey, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Mickeymic said:
In 2003 I injured my back. While I was hospitalized I wore diapers because my mobility was limited and I unconsciously wet every night. During the day I consciously wet because it was easier and less painful than getting out of bed. Also, during PT the physical stress and strain cause incontinences,.
After recovery it was more difficult for me to hold urine and I occasionally (once or twice a month wet the bed). That has improved over the decades, but I still prefer to wear diapers.
I am semi conscious of wetting especially when asleep. I'll usually half wake and just go right back to sleep. It's similar to waking from a dream except I know I'm wetting. I just choose to ignore it. During the day it's barely a decision. I just wet while continuing whatever I am doing. I've been wearing diapers for a long time and it took years for me to be relaxed enough not to let wetting upset my day,
Your wetting seems similar to mine, both the wetting while barely awake and the nearly automatic wetting while awake.

gobphus said:
I love that vague feeling I sometimes get when I sort of wake while peeing. Often falling straight back to sleep

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, PadPhilosopher, nectar0001 and 2 others
sledder23 said:
Similar situation to Ecoincon, due to diabetic bladder dysfunction, my bladder will ramp up pressure during an urge/contraction that I can feel and I’ll have 10-15 seconds to make it to a restroom. I can’t stop my bladder from overpowering my sphincters (compensated bladder function/nerve damage) and I will lose control of my bladder if I haven’t found a restroom shortly after the urge hits. I have no feeling of a full or filling bladder, so the urge is my only indicator. At night, I just wake up wet…no consciousness involved. My bladder doesn’t wake me up when it’s time to go.
Same here.

Have wet nightly my whole life and struggled with daytime leaking as well. I’ve always worn thick cloth diapers with plastic pants at night. I solved my daily stress situation to go 24/7 in 2006 wearing quality disposables during the day. I love my cloth diapers but they are just too bulky and too much of a hassle during the day. Sometimes I feel myself wetting my diapers/daytime but most times I realize I’m wet and don’t even know when it happened. At night I usually just wake up in the morning wet but sometimes I’ll wake up in the middle of the night while I’m wetting my already wet diaper.

Reactions: gobphus
ballyhooser said:
Have wet nightly my whole life and struggled with daytime leaking as well. I’ve always worn thick cloth diapers with plastic pants at night. I solved my daily stress situation to go 24/7 in 2006 wearing quality disposables during the day. I love my cloth diapers but they are just too bulky and too much of a hassle during the day. Sometimes I feel myself wetting my diapers/daytime but most times I realize I’m wet and don’t even know when it happened. At night I usually just wake up in the morning wet but sometimes I’ll wake up in the middle of the night while I’m wetting my already wet diaper.
Thanks for sharing your experience with incontinence and diapers. You seem quite comfortable with your diapered life. Do you wear taped diapers during the day? I find them easier to change than pull-ups. When you wake up midstream, are you ever confused about what's happening or experience it as pure sensation without putting a name to it?

Back