We are by my reckoning 1 in 200,000 as a global membership of population

Status
Not open for further replies.
40,000 in the world? Not so sure: there are over 60,000 registered here (a few duplicate, of course), some on "that other site" and I believe many who are in diapers but have never heard of these sites and/or never discovered they're not the only one who loves to be in diapers and thus are still out there, wandering around in a cloud. Sometimes I wonder, out of all in the world who love wearing diapers, what percentage of them are out and known. I'd like to think there are more...like a couple million or so. It'd be terrific and fun to meet 'em! 🥳

• Love
Reactions: sissygirlpink and chrischrischris
For what it is worth, I think that general admission of Adult Babies, (regardless of our numbers or public awareness), will ever become a fetish of acceptance, to the majority of the public, (or if so, it will definitely be the last one).

Earlier this year in Australia the Sydney Mardi Gras was held. I watch the televised parade of hundreds representing all the sections of the LGTBQ+ community that were on display, (especially the 'Sydney Fetish Club'), of all of the participants I never saw an Adult Baby all night or any adult nappy for that matter.

We are after all (from the general public point of view), talking about adult body waste of a nappy user NOT going down the toilet, only because the adult chooses not to use it, (for whatever reason). This social taboo can also be seen by some as an insult to the aged and the incontinent, who have to wear nappies and use them.

Sorry to come across as negative - but to be otherwise would not be honest.
Thankfully we are accepted for what we are here and the fun we share makes up for what the world finds unacceptable.

• Thinking
Reactions: sissygirlpink, chrischrischris and BobbiSueEllen
Happy2BeInNappies2 said:
For what it is worth, I think that general admission of Adult Babies, (regardless of our numbers or public awareness), will ever become a fetish of acceptance, to the majority of the public, (or if so, it will definitely be the last one).

Earlier this year in Australia the Sydney Mardi Gras was held. I watch the televised parade of hundreds representing all the sections of the LGTBQ+ community that were on display, (especially the 'Sydney Fetish Club'), of all of the participants I never saw an Adult Baby all night or any adult nappy for that matter.

We are after all (from the general public point of view), talking about adult body waste of a nappy user NOT going down the toilet, only because the adult chooses not to use it, (for whatever reason). This social taboo can also be seen by some as an insult to the aged and the incontinent, who have to wear nappies and use them.

Thankfully we are accepted for what we are here and the fun we share makes up for what the world finds unacceptable.
I agree, we're probably not going to ever be really well known. That's ok though. Diapers are just underwear with extra functionality really.

It would seem like most things. A person is smart, but people together are pretty stupid. A person might immediately think "weird... but... pee is sterile right? so, I guess it's not the worst thing... Yea, I've heard of a thing with typewriters, so this isn't so bad." People would probably just start chanting the "kill the beast" song.

• Love
Reactions: sissygirlpink, chrischrischris, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I've heard that there have been surveys that suggest ABDL is the second most popular kink behind BDSM. I do not recall the source. The thing of it is, ABDL is an intensely personal and private thing, I think the percentage of us that feel compelled to out ourselves are small. I think it was on Real Time, they were talking about the rising numbers of self reporting LGTBQ+, and put forth the supposition that the real numbers aren't changing, just that the comfort level is changing allowing younger members of our society to be able to "come out" with less fear of retribution.

Reactions: sissygirlpink, crooke3, foxcub and 3 others
subietodd said:
I've heard that there have been surveys that suggest ABDL is the second most popular kink behind BDSM. I do not recall the source. The thing of it is, ABDL is an intensely personal and private thing, I think the percentage of us that feel compelled to out ourselves are small. I think it was on Real Time, they were talking about the rising numbers of self reporting LGTBQ+, and put forth the supposition that the real numbers aren't changing, just that the comfort level is changing allowing younger members of our society to be able to "come out" with less fear of retribution.
yeah iv seen that said a few times.
its certainly more popular than most people think. its just much less accepted. bdsm isnt really considered weird now but abdl stuff is still very frowned apon.
i know plenty of people who are into ageplay without really knowing thats what theyre doing. getting into a different headspace and indulging in 'childish stuff'.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, sissygirlpink and BobbiSueEllen
I think we're destined to be social outcasts. Hard to see it any other way with a fetish or lifestyle kink involving pee, poop, or regression.
Honestly, I'd be happy if no one knew about ABDL. If I was to be caught wearing in public, I'd rather people think I have a medical need rather than a fetish.

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz, Happy2BeInNappies2, sissygirlpink and 1 other person
well of the last 10 times iv had random hookups on nights out 3 of them asked to be degraded and peed on, one turned out to be fully into abdl (id been out of the mood for a while and had nothing :cry:) and all of them wanted to call me daddy. might be bumped up by the kind of girls i find attractive but it seems like these kind of kinks are more common than most people think.

• Thinking
Reactions: sissygirlpink and BobbiSueEllen
Happy2BeInNappies2 said:

I think you are spot on as far as most of the world would look at us as an accepted community or lifestyle the fettishes we enjoy are social taboo.

• Thinking
Happy2BeInNappies2 said:

I think you’re right about acceptance but I do feel the awareness and interest is a growing population however that presents. Partly it will be membership of groups such as ADISC and others, also through social media and articles on discussion and blog sites.

Sadly the popular media such as Jerry Springer and others just aims to ridicule our community as such but, does lead others to ask questions where they are closeted.

Thanks for your view and interest, valued and helpful.

Jenny xx

❤️

Reactions: Tinklepanties, Happy2BeInNappies2, Traveller and 1 other person
Well.... there is a stat that's been arround for approx 10 years now (since I really became aware I was not alone).
It was the 1 in 1000 stat, now, that's back in the dark ages before people started to actually own up to themselves and others. This stat was all inclusive (which is the way the above comments seem to be going), AB,DL,SISSY and other associated 'kinks' (I truly hate that word) such as DDLG etc.
Either way, the population of 'us' was and probably most definitely is, a LOT bigger than 1 in 200,000.
I want to think that you are absolutely right about general acceptance, we even have the blue, white and pink Chevrons on the LGBTQ flag, or at least I like to think they're ours!
BUT, until embedded Victorian morals and sexual bull***t views within ALL religions are finally wiped out of existence, we will not be accepted.
There is such a huge variety of 'us' that the full spectrum of even one type of 'us' is difficult for even 'us' to follow.
I'm AB, who has also become DL, but my regression is entirely non sexual, I associate with sissy tropes but I'm not a sissy, my DL is sexual except when I regress...... see, it's a crazy mixed up world🤣🤣

• Love
Reactions: LittleMaya, Happy2BeInNappies2, LePew and 1 other person
Perhaps it is the AB portion of ABDL that is actually on the rise/becoming more accepted. That's the only way I figure ABDL is purportedly the second most popular kink, as I honestly don't see many examples of diaper wearers on social media. But littles, especially among girls? A loooot more common, and it makes me happy just to see them more and more! Cause with more people, stories, outfits, etc, comes more acceptance!

• Thinking
Reactions: sissygirlpink and BobbiSueEllen
Will the population at large ever let go of, or loosen, their brutally rigid standards?
"boys wear this, girls wear that."
"kids wear that, adults wear this."
"act your age. Grownups don't do that."
Everybody gotta tell everybody else how they're supposed to be. As long as this kind of oppression is around, the "closet" will always be around, and therefore, we'll never know just how many of us there are.
Remember when being gay was the most terrifying thing the planet had to offer?
(oh, crap... I might have just revealed my chronological age. :LOL: )

• Love
Reactions: Tinklepanties, Happy2BeInNappies2, Traveller and 3 others
LittleMaya said:
Remember when being gay was the most terrifying thing the planet had to offer?
Do I. That dates me as well, I'm old...I admit it. I'm not gay, I'm not bi or hetero. I'm human. I remember.

I remember when it was socially acceptable to say the expletive equivalents of "gay' and nobody flinched; nobody dare mentioned it. Even despite certain entertainment personalities such as Elton John, Charles Nelson Reilly, Richard Simmons and so on, with their unspoken openness about it, it was never mentioned, touched upon, hinted. Hollywood hid it: the number of gay actors in the closet far outweighed the number who hinted/expressed it. And it wasn't until Rock Hudson, the last actor one would suspect was gay, came down with AIDS and died...that suddenly people took note. Robert Reed, who played Mike Brady in The Brady Bunch, was gay, and tightly closeted. His castmember family all knew...Florence "Carol Brady" Henderson talked about it once in an interview after Reed passed away and she was visibly shaken because she knew Reed was a very good guy who happened to be gay and hid it because he lived in fear of exposure. Back then, being gay was, literally, a social death sentence. Regardless of any socioeconomic class.

And yet Hollywood hypocritically promulgated the ugliest of stereotype images of many things back then: being gay, being Hispanic (example: the short-lived '80s ABC series A.K.A. Pablo and other Latin actors/roles), so on...but today, the networks are totally divorced from their past as if it'd never happened and were never part of it. It's like burning down Auschwitz, Belsen, Treblinka and the WW2 US internment camps and then chirping "Well, since no evidence exists, it never happened". Well, thank God for MeTV, Antenna TV and other vintage networks which archive that for posterity.

I hope today's generation is paying attention to us and what we have to say. I doubt they'll consider much of it, they never saw it en masse first-hand. And the next generation? They'll be totally detached.

In closing, what saddens me about the public perception of AB/DL is they think we're "pig-wallowing-in-sh** pedophiles". Up until 45 years ago, that's how the non-gay world saw gay people. Tell me I'm wrong. I saw it firsthand.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: Tinklepanties, sissygirlpink, whip and 2 others
closing, what saddens me about the public perception of AB/DL is they think we're "pig-wallowing-in-sh** pedophiles". Up until 45 years ago, that's how the non-gay world saw gay people. Tell me I'm wrong. I saw it firsthand.

sooooo true...... I was there too🤣🤬😂

Reactions: KittyninjaW, sissygirlpink and Happy2BeInNappies2
BobbiSueEllen said:
In closing, what saddens me about the public perception of AB/DL is they think we're "pig-wallowing-in-sh** pedophiles". Up until 45 years ago, that's how the non-gay world saw gay people. Tell me I'm wrong. I saw it firsthand.
To be honest, when I'm in littlespace, I love to play at the playground... like any other kid. And it's so good for my little brain. But also essentially impossible. If I go by myself, people are on guard, looking with suspicious eyes, wondering if I'm a horrible creeper ready to abduct their child. Pedophilia. Must be, they think. They pause and ponder if they should call the police. No grownup would possibly want to play on swings or go down a slide. Or maybe I'm special needs.... noooo, couldn't be that... where's my guardian, caregiver, or caseworker? I couldn't possibly be a grown adult who simply has regressive times in her week, and grownups just don't play on playground equipment.
......and so... IF there's a small window where the playground is completely absent of all other humans, I might have a few minutes to be like the other kids...... but alone, and trying not to be frightened. 😢
Gawd, people can be so mean, assuming, presumptuous, prejudice, untrusting.
#notakink #notafetish #notathreat #justlittle

Reactions: Woncrinklz, KittyninjaW, sissygirlpink and 3 others
Happy2BeInNappies2 said:
I've been to pride marches where I know a few communities. A lot of them wear other gear such as leather, pup play, fur suits or what not. People are into many things. So you can't just say there is zero. Out of the choices of clothing, they may feel more comfortable wearing types of clothing in such group and under a spot light of attention.

There is another issue with pride marches of whether kink belongs there or not. Remembering the stonewall riots, it began as Gay bars were a place of refuge for people to express who they are, where they couldn't in the streets due to anti-homosexuality laws and the like. If we start marking that certain behaviors that are deep routed into the way people express their feelings and identity, we're pushing people back into the underground box. Ultimately making certain activities/identities taboo again due to preconceptions of the public.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I hope today's generation is paying attention to us and what we have to say. I doubt they'll consider much of it, they never saw it en masse first-hand. And the next generation? They'll be totally detached.

I am not as old as you, but speaking to people older than my generation, they have a wealth of experience that can be passed down. The younger generation are some what ignorant or gasped that this happened so *soon*. I.e. people that are twice their age, were there fighting for the right not to be treated and managed in such a poor way.

The younger folks need to stop fearing the older people thinking they don't understand or find it hard to communicate to as they are from different generations. But the truth is, everyone was young once, everyone was intimidated, everyone felt they were invincible. But what may not get is everyone is vulnerable, no matter what age, where you come from, income, race, gender etc...

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, PooMinara, sissygirlpink and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
what saddens me about the public perception of AB/DL is they think we're "pig-wallowing-in-sh** pedophiles".

That’s what worries me most, there are times where i just want to look at the girls cloths while out shopping but get worried that people might think i’m a creep, pervert or something worse.

I just finished a book called You're Not Broken by Rhoda Lipscomb.It came out this year (2022). On page ten in the book it states the current research estimates that about one in one thousand people could be part of the ABDL community.

According to Google, in 2020, the world population reached 7.753 billion people.

So if these two figures are correct, then that would mean there are about 7,753,000 of us who are ABDL.

Attachments

• YNB.jpg
    YNB.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: sissygirlpink
Well, since maybe everyone is about this topic, it kinda scares me that ABDL is treated in respect similarly to other unliked things socially that are targeted to fight against like gun control (I understand why), abortion (I understand why), obviously murderers and other horrid acts, etc.(I get it). But misconceptions have to be cleared just like all other "kinks" so it is a bit more acceptable (?). But I doubt ABDL will ever have a place in society because it is considered an aberration. Something not at all good, normal or acceptable. To be mocked, ridiculed, and laughed at. Much like anything a human does outside of the acceptable range of things when an adult. What is "okay" to partake in that doesn't cross all the religious, medical, social, and sexual barriers?

I see a diaper as an absorbant item to goof around with. But it represents huge symbolism with many cultures that can only be crossed if in medical need, or you are a weirdo. That's when like-minded friends come to play and make things a touch better. But It's probably going to remain a closeted thing. I have no idea how it would be acceptable at all.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Traveller, Happy2BeInNappies2 and BobbiSueEllen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back