Walk down the diaper aisle.

tomviper000 said:
It’s not nearly as exciting as it used to be when diapers were scented. You used to be able to faintly smell the aisle as you walked by the end. And then walking down it was just a magical smell and rush of goodness through the body. I’d say it’s even more disappointing than exciting now, because that smell is gone :( Still gives me a little bit of a happy feeling though.
Exactly! Early 90s diaper isle smell was absolutely intoxicating.

Reactions: DLScottsman, VintagePampers1990 and Diprs2
southeastlittle said:
Even as a young kid my senses tingled every time I walked past the diaper isle. The scent used to be overwhelming and intoxicating but unfortunately that has completely vanished. I was in the WalMart diaper isle today and smelled literally nothing.
Exactly the same for me! I'd always get excited walking by the aisle close enough to get a good whiff of it, there was just nothing like it. Then when I worked there I would try to get close at least once a night lol. I think the smell started to fade as I worked there around 2014-2017

Reactions: VintagePampers1990 and Diprs2
I really miss that intoxicating smell that permeated the entire area of the diaper aisle in major stores up until the latter 90's! My GOD! Wish I could find that scent as an air freshener! I'd hand them in my Tahoe for sure!

CptKirk

• Haha
Reactions: FudgedInLuvs, VintagePampers1990, JWolf and 3 others
JWolf said:
Exactly the same for me! I'd always get excited walking by the aisle close enough to get a good whiff of it, there was just nothing like it. Then when I worked there I would try to get close at least once a night lol. I think the smell started to fade as I worked there around 2014-2017
A little off-topic, but I read somewhere on here that certain size baby diapers have a more concentrated scent - has anyone noticed this? Sorry to hijack this thread but I can't find where that was said.

Reactions: Diprs2
CptKirk said:
I really miss that intoxicating smell that permeated the entire area of the diaper aisle in major stores up until the latter 90's! My GOD! Wish I could find that scent as an air freshener! I'd hand them in my Tahoe for sure!

CptKirk
I would no joke pay at least $100 for a perfume bottle of “90s diaper isle”

Reactions: gamefreak94, VintagePampers1990, tomviper000 and 3 others
As a kid who was wetting my bed it was embarrassing to be taken to the baby section just to be handed a pack of pull-ups. I had to carry them to the cashier and then out to the car. A few times the cashiers would look at what we were buying and then at me and being told that I was still having accidents at night and at school. It was even more embarrassing when I had to start wearing adult diapers and having to buy them for myself. I used to say that they were for a grand parent who was visiting. Now I just walk down the baby section and get my Goodnites bedmats and then to the adult diaper aisle to get my diapers and not care. Even when I was still with my ex fiance she would ask me out loud if I needed more diapers.

Last edited:
There must be a lot of incontinent people where I live. Our pharmacy has a large well stocked area with tena products on show.

Babybear2006 said:
As a kid who was wetting my bed it was embarrassing to be taken to the baby section just to be handed a pack of pull-ups. I had to carry them to the cashier and then out to the car. A few times the cashiers would look at what we were buying and then at me and being told that I was still having accidents at night and at school. It was even more embarrassing when I had to start wearing adult diapers and having to buy them for myself. I used to say that they were for a grand parent who was visiting. Now I just walk down the baby section and get my Goodnites bedmats and then to the adult diaper aisle to get my diapers and not care. Even when I was still with my ex fiance she would ask me out loud if I needed more diapers.
Fortunately my nappies were delivered discretely to our house. Not that it was any secret I wet the bed. My Sister and the Mothers Mafia made sure of that.

As a kid, many times. For varying reasons, but mostly I went to the baby isles on my own. I’d tell my mom, I want to go look at the toys. Then be off on my own, straight to the baby section! This was before disposables were any good, or popular, so it was to see the many plastic pants and cloth diapers. It was unbearably exciting, to see all the different color plastic pants. There were cheap ones, fancy ones, frilly ones, plastic covered training pants, snap ons, pull ons, and more! I was always afraid of being found out, or discovered in that isle 😬 How could it be explained, your being there? “Oh, I got lost, ha ha”! You know, that would be very lame excuse.
Later, (older) I’d go to stores on my own, and I would buy plastic pants. They didn’t fit me, but I modified a few, putting 2 together to make a bigger pair. Did this, with the old fan fold Pampers too.
These days, I still go down the baby isles, but there’s little there of any excitement. All the things that meant anything, are now long gone. I just walk down memory lane, kinda thing. Thinking how it once was 🤔 IMG_6621.jpegIMG_6622.jpegIMG_6623.jpeg

MaximusWolfheart said:
Have you as a kid (past potty training) been taking down the diaper/baby aisle before or walked down it as an adult?
What was your experience and was there any emotion feelings, like anxiety, paranoia or even an adrenaline rush?
Also, did you ever buy for yourself, but tried to play it off that you were "buying for someone else"?
Like for example, "I'm buying these for my lil brother".... even though you know "you're the bedwetter"? lol
Oh yeah, for sure! Have done that a million times!

Babybear2006 said:
Now I just walk down the baby section and get my Goodnites bedmats and then to the adult diaper aisle to get my diapers and not care.
Is there any reason in particular you use the Goodnites bedmats instead of the store-brand or other branded ones like in the incontinence section?

TigerDL said:
Is there any reason in particular you use the Goodnites bedmats instead of the store-brand or other branded ones like in the incontinence section?
I prefer them to stick to the bed and they are larger than medical brands

Reactions: TigerDL and Diprs2
Wetshisbed said:
Fortunately my nappies were delivered discretely to our house. Not that it was any secret I wet the bed. My Sister and the Mothers Mafia made sure of that.
My family made sure that people knew that I was a bedwetter if we stayed at someone else's house and my brothers told others on the bus.

I very often walk down the diaper aisl but very rarely find any adult size Nappies, on the few ocassions I have spotted them they are usuallyTena pull ups with a price tag that makes you want to cry.

I remember buying a pack of DryNites as a teen, not unusual on it's own, but i was 'smart' enough to buy them at a supermarket in the town where i went to school, which i usually didn't.
Lo and behold, as i've paid for them, and just start putting them in my bag, two girls from my class come walking past, see me and strike up a chat.
I'm mostly sure they didn't see the package, but that was a close one.

Reactions: TigerDL
Cottontail said:
Or you could import some Mexican Huggies. That was an unexpected adventure, heh. Oof. I line my stash tubs with Pampers to give my cloth diapers a Pampers scent. It does work, but it’s not strong.
What did those Mexican Huggies smell like? Was it a nice scent like Pampers or Luvs?

abdlchristian12 said:
I would no joke pay at least $100 for a perfume bottle of “90s diaper isle”
We NEED something to scent our diapers with that resembles Pampers from back in the 1990’s !! Some ABDL companies must be listening? We need an amazing diaper scent spray !! They would make a mint. I can’t believe no one has capitalized on this yet. Diaper scent please !!!

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, abdlchristian12, Diprs2 and 1 other person
VintagePampers1990 said:
We NEED something to scent our diapers with that resembles Pampers from back in the 1990’s !! Some ABDL companies must be listening? We need an amazing diaper scent spray !! They would make a mint. I can’t believe no one has capitalized on this yet. Diaper scent please !!!
I only know of ABU scenting their diapers, which is a nice scent but doesn't resemble any actual baby diaper to me. It seems like a really hard thing to nail from a chemists perspective I think, just going by the users on ADISC who are hard at work trying to replicate it. Hopefully we can all support them in their quest

Reactions: TigerDL and Diprs2
As I kid/teen I always got a huge rush from walking down the diaper aisle. I can recall the first time I bought diapers for myself getting so nervous I almost chickened out. I've never actually had to lie to anyone about who the diapers were for, but I always planned an excuse if necessary.

I do still wonder if employees assume the product is for me when I buy adult diapers in person.

Cottontail said:
These days I still keep Pampers around. They smell nice, work well as boosters, and I just enjoy using actual baby products. When I go shopping, unless there are muggle acquaintances about, I’ll visit the diaper aisle, either to restock or just to see what’s there.
I thought all baby diapers these days were fragrance free?

Back