Walk down the diaper aisle.

UnderTheRadar said:
I thought all baby diapers these days were fragrance free?
Pampers and Luvs still have their scents

southeastlittle said:
Pampers and Luvs still have their scents
Oh... Weird... I certainly don't smell it when I walk down the diaper aisle to buy wipes

It used to be my favorite part about grocery shopping as a kid! We used to have an Albertsons - now we have a shitty Safeway - and as a little treat, if I was good, I could go down the toy aisle, which also happened to be the diaper aisle - where mom would buy my Goodnites - it was just so comforting and soothing, I wish I could get that fragrance back of the Luvs and Pampers, I still buy them but there was something about the late 90s/00s that made them super potent in fragrance! I will always remember when my mother would let me pick out my diapers because I am very sensory aware, and having the plastic Luvs and cloth Pampers, always preferred the Luvs, but I think that's why I am pretty divergent and have a mix of everything.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Diprs2 and southeastlittle
The diaper Isle does not smell right anymore

Reactions: abdlchristian12 and FudgedInLuvs
Oh, gosh. The diaper aisle was both an exciting and frustrating place for me, growing up.

I was a bedwetter. I wet almost every night, it seemed like. My parents were crazy to have taken me out of diapers and Pull-Ups when they did. I don't know how they tolerated all the laundry. I think they quit the diapers and Pull-Ups when I was two, maybe three. I was miserable at night for many, many years (and I'll bet my parents were, too), and I still had daytime accidents fairly regularly for a good while, probably until I was around four. I desperately wanted some sort of diaper or Pull-Up. I think my desire for diapers stemmed from that practical need, but I'm not sure. All I know is that my attraction to diapers has been around since before I'd even finished potty training.

Well, we went down the diaper aisle fairly regularly, to pick up baby shampoo and body wash for me, as well as baby wipes for wiping down my plastic sheet after an accident. I always got so excited when I'd realize we were going down that aisle. Somehow, I always managed to forget that my shampoo, body wash, and wipes were sold in that aisle, so I would always ask if they were putting me back in diapers, desperately hoping that the answer would be yes.

One time, they actually even grabbed a pack of diapers and put it in the cart. I was ecstatic. I thought I'd finally be done with waking up wet and miserable at night, and if I was lucky, I'd get to wear in the daytime, too. Nope. They were newborn diapers, for a family friend who'd just had a baby. No diapers for me.

I got to wake up wet for the next twelve years or so, followed by a brief break, and then wetting both day and night after an injury. Somehow, I managed to keep the daytime wetting a secret from my parents (at least I think I did; I know, parents know everything), even though I was wetting myself basically every day, more often than I even was at night. The daytime ones were usually only enough to make my underwear wet, though, so they were fairly easy to hide.

I was always too afraid to ask for protection. It had hardly been a secret that I liked diapers when I was really little, and the shame from that (even though I hadn't been shamed for it, that whole part of things was simply ignored) carried forward and kept me from asking for them when I actually needed them. It was actually my bedwetting that prompted me to start wearing underwear under my pajamas. I wore it for absorbency. A single pair of underwear didn't do a darn thing, most of the time (there were some very rare instances where I just barely wet, and things were largely contained to the underwear), but it made me feel a little protected, at least.

As a side note, does anyone remember if Baby Magic wipes were a thing? My wipes came in a cylindrical yellow container, kind of like the color of Baby Magic bottles. This was in the early to mid 90s. Always wondered what the brand was. They had such a distinctive smell, which I got to know all too well.

Last edited:
Reactions: southeastlittle and Diprs2
LifesAB said:
I remember buying a pack of DryNites as a teen, not unusual on it's own, but i was 'smart' enough to buy them at a supermarket in the town where i went to school, which i usually didn't.
Lo and behold, as i've paid for them, and just start putting them in my bag, two girls from my class come walking past, see me and strike up a chat.
I'm mostly sure they didn't see the package, but that was a close one.
When I buy my diapers from the store i can’t buy them from where I work for that same reason i don’t want another coworker to see me buying them so I usually just buy them at our local dollar general store and I just have to hope no one I know is there at the time. When I lived with my parents and when I bought diapers I would go to the next town over and get them just so I wouldn’t get recognized.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back