Vintage Ultra Pampers Plus - 1,300.00 bucks?

FYI for anyone considering this
though reading the messages that's a big ole nope
but even diapers from the 1990s will have broken down
the padding absorbs moisture form the air
the glue on the tapes breaks down
I once found diapers this age in a church basement when I opened it up
got a face full of diaper dust and the tapes basically disintegrated when I touched them.
Though the outer plastic shell was still soft

I have some vintage Pampers cruisers size 7 when they first came out and the padding is all crunchy from absorbing moisture from air despite being stored in a sealed container
so unless vacuumed packed they fall apart after 10+yrs
and the glue on tapes breaks down
now that won't happen with Velcro of course

Reactions: MegaLugia and PadPhilosopher
SparkyDog said:
FYI for anyone considering this
though reading the messages that's a big ole nope
but even diapers from the 1990s will have broken down
the padding absorbs moisture form the air
the glue on the tapes breaks down
I once found diapers this age in a church basement when I opened it up
got a face full of diaper dust and the tapes basically disintegrated when I touched them.
Though the outer plastic shell was still soft

I have some vintage Pampers cruisers size 7 when they first came out and the padding is all crunchy from absorbing moisture from air despite being stored in a sealed container
so unless vacuumed packed they fall apart after 10+yrs
and the glue on tapes breaks down
now that won't happen with Velcro of course
These are memorabilia, no more, for so many reasons.

Reactions: MegaLugia and SparkyDog
Would love to imagine these are the same as when I used to wear them for real but they are not. I do like when they post photos of them. Close up shots and stuff. I can grab them for free. I’ve collected a lot of them over the years from eBay. I used to post them on Flickr a while back.

Reactions: MegaLugia, tomviper000 and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
These are memorabilia, no more, for so many reasons.
Yep absolutely
but just incase someone doesn't realize that they are for looking at & won't work 🤪

Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher and Pampers4Ever
SparkyDog said:
Yep absolutely
but just incase someone doesn't realize that they are for looking at & won't work 🤪
Right, I doubt anybody spending $1300 for a partial bag of old diapers is planning to use them :) Would be funny to have that guy who does the scientific reviews on ADISC section do a review on a 37 year old diaper LOL. "Expecting better performance for a $25 diaper"

• Haha
Reactions: MegaLugia, Pampers4Ever, SparkyDog and 1 other person
depta99 said:
Right, I doubt anybody spending $1300 for a partial bag of old diapers is planning to use them :) Would be funny to have that guy who does the scientific reviews on ADISC section do a review on a 37 year old diaper LOL. "Expecting better performance for a $25 diaper"
Never thought of that but it would be an interesting review.

Pampers4Ever said:
Never thought of that but it would be an interesting review.
Actually it would really cool to see his detailed/scientific review on an adult diaper from the pre-SAP era. I bet they were pretty miserable.

depta99 said:
I mean, yeah, it’d be interesting to know how they perform verses modern baby diapers. But I’m good… 1300$ for some old diapers is crazy to me.

they should make a show - lifestyle of an AB millionaire .... they would have a closet full of these and more....

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
One thing I've learned about collecting things and selling them; you may think they're worth a lot of money, but until someone buys them, they're only worth what you sold them for and that may be a lot less.

Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher and TigerDL
This is why I wish there was a replica diaper of those from those years from some ABDL company out there. . Also a replica would be made in proper sizes .I cant see buying outrageously priced vintage baby diapers that in essence wont really fit properly Again I d rather see a replica made and fit me perfectly and have just as much appeal as the old vintage PAmpers.

• Love
Reactions: Pampers4Ever, MegaLugia and PadPhilosopher
MikeDJ said:
This is why I wish there was a replica diaper of those from those years from some ABDL company out there. . Also a replica would be made in proper sizes .I cant see buying outrageously priced vintage baby diapers that in essence wont really fit properly Again I d rather see a replica made and fit me perfectly and have just as much appeal as the old vintage PAmpers.
I hear this so often! You think one of the abdl companies would create it. Obviously in adult sizes and hopefully with modern technology within the diaper such as SAP. I wonder what diapers were like before SAP.

I do wonder how many people have stuff like that laying around still, maybe put away with baby stuff from their children, sits in an attic or basement for decades, then they go to move house and just throw them away not knowing how much they may be worth.

Reactions: MegaLugia, TigerDL and PadPhilosopher
depta99 said:
I wonder what diapers were like before SAP.
Soggy paper, something like the undies stuffed with toilet paper that desperate kids have made 😆

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL
depta99 said:
I see fairly high prices on fairly recent diapers like ConfiDry's
They were my go to diaper.🥺

• Sad
tommytemper said:
I do wonder how many people have stuff like that laying around still, maybe put away with baby stuff from their children, sits in an attic or basement for decades, then they go to move house and just throw them away not knowing how much they may be worth.
Sometimes when relatives are cleaning out a loved ones house the old diapers may be donated to a thrift shop. They often dont realize the value they could be. So that is often why we would see cheap vintage diapers at thrift stores. You have to move fast though because EBay flippers are aware of the demand for vintage diapers by ABDLs . They scoop up the vintage diapers and sell them for outrageous prices. They are usually the ones selling diaper bundles for hundreds of dollars.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, TigerDL and MegaLugia
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and TigerDL
MikeDJ said:
It would be cool to have Rearz take the Inspire+ diapers and add the printed taping panel to the front with white tapes instead of clear with blue edges. Just add in the baby powder smell and you just about have it. Maybe a light blue waistband at the top.

Reactions: AndyPandy and PadPhilosopher
Going back to the eBay listing. Have a look at the last picture. It’s a closeup of the diapers in the box. The faint lines run top to bottom in the plastic about every 1/2”. Was that their way of keeping the padding from clumping up when wet? Looks like to me that it may be glue strips that attach the padding evenly to the back of the outer plastic shell of the diapers.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, bobbilly and PadPhilosopher
Back