Vintage Pampers Babydry

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have just purchased some vintage pampers babydry diapers, I want to open the packet to try / see them, will opening the packet and removing a few make them worthless?
EC6152AC-1C29-4ECA-8736-EB81D3047AB1.jpeg

Reactions: TheWaddlingDad, littledreamers333 and Vintage84
It won’t make the packet worthless as you can sell them one by one or a part-full packet.

It might reduce the value a little, but then why buy them if you’re not going to examine them?

Reactions: neophyte
PCS said:
It won’t make the packet worthless as you can sell them one by one or a part-full packet.

It might reduce the value a little, but then why buy them if you’re not going to examine them?
That was what I thought, I have no idea what year they are from yet, anyone like to take any guesses?

Love the odor those had!

Bby said:
That was what I thought, I have no idea what year they are from yet, anyone like to take any guesses?
should say on the package a year. e.g a huggies one from 1976, not mine just a photo from ebay.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 56
Those look like there from Europe, advertising weight is in kg and not lbs. I would say those are circa 1992-1994. I wore these back in 1995 but the package was a light green, still baby dry though.
Reminiscing of them, I do remember the scent of them, one of the best smells out there imo. I miss those days, those diapers with the older technology made life the best, times were simpler and more fun back then.

Last edited:
pampers4U said:
Those look like there from Europe, advertising weight is in kg and not lbs. I would say those are circa 1992-1994. I wore these back in 1995 but the package was a light green, still baby dry though.
Reminiscing of them, I do remember the scent of them, one of the best smells out there imo. I miss those days, those diapers with the older technology made life the best, times were simpler and more fun back then.
I hope that’s the case I was in pampers from 92-95, would be nice to reminisce.

Nice find! Im and avid vintage diaper collector and opening it will probably reduce the value some, it is also harder to sell the diapers individually. But those are the largest size and do have a premium. If you do open I’d recommend selling what you don’t take out in one lot, it’s much easier that way even though you might make a little more selling individually.

Sam I am said:
Nice find! Im and avid vintage diaper collector and opening it will probably reduce the value some, it is also harder to sell the diapers individually. But those are the largest size and do have a premium. If you do open I’d recommend selling what you don’t take out in one lot, it’s much easier that way even though you might make a little more selling individually.
That would be my plan, I’m just going to take a few out and keep the rest in the packet, I didn’t realise they were the largest size, I though there was 1 size bigger, I didn’t pay hardly anything for them, so must have got a good deal.

Bby said:
I’m just going to take a few out and keep the rest in the packet
take lots of pic's of the diaper next to a modern size 6, lets have a look at the changes.

I just had another vintage pampers find turn up a pack of size 5 active fit from 2007. 09659A40-B1DC-4048-B612-DBA017F4EAD1.jpeg

Bby said:
I just had another vintage pampers find turn up a pack of size 5 active fit from 2007. View attachment 35108
Unfortunately that probably won’t be worth near as much. Other package probably 300 - 500. This might be 50, maybe. I’d like to see pics of the vintage pampers if you do open the package. As a collector I’m very interested.

Sam I am said:
Unfortunately that probably won’t be worth near as much. Other package probably 300 - 500. This might be 50, maybe. I’d like to see pics of the vintage pampers if you do open the package. As a collector I’m very interested.
300-500 dollars or pounds. I didn’t think they would be worth that more like 50

Bby said:
I just had another vintage pampers find turn up a pack of size 5 active fit from 2007. View attachment 35108
These are my favourite design, from the pack to the nappy itself.

CookieMonstah said:
These are my favourite design, from the pack to the nappy itself.

Same here, mate! A shame there aren't that many images of this design out there...

Bby said:
I have just purchased some vintage pampers babydry diapers, I want to open the packet to try / see them, will opening the packet and removing a few make them worthless?
View attachment 35098
do you still have them?

Yeah in storage at the moment used 3 or 4 I believe

Great find. Would enjoy getting my hands on some of these. Yes, opening the package would diminish the overall worth of the package and diapers as a whole.
If you did open the package, you can sell the rest of the diapers individually and make more money at 30 - 45 dollars each on eBay. It does take a lot more time to sale this way.
I would recommend cutting a small slit along the seam on the bottom of the package. Don’t tear any of the graphics on the sides or top. I’ve seen the bags without diapers sale for like 50 dollars as well.
When listing what you want to sale, make sure the diapers have never been opened or played with in any way. Nice folded, flat, and no evidence of it being messed with.
The rest can be kept and enjoyed or display for your pleasure.

Bby said:
Yeah in storage at the moment used 3 or 4 I believe
you got pictures of them?

Those are just before the 97 baby dry in green. I wore those and the phases for a long long time. Amazing find we used to have those in Canada. Yep wore those and the girl ones

Back