Value in Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What are some games you would say take the cake for being not only excellent games, but excellent values?

Of course some games are worth retail, but I like to play a lot of different games, so naturally I am not going to be spending $60 + tax on most games, that is probably 2 to 3 times what I pay for a game on Average

I try to get most of my games for under $40 as a maximum, unless I really really want the game in which case I may spend the full retail 2 or 3 times a year at most

Currently I would really recommend Horizon Zero Dawn with the DLC on PS4 if anyone has a PS4 but has yet to play the game.

It is in the Open World RPG Genre and I know not everyone likes that style of game, but it give you a lot to do, visuals are amazing, and it is fun.

Theres also a lot of good games on the last generation as well (Xbox 360/PS3 Era, Wii U had some good ones but was basically a Flop for Nintendo)

And I really cant recommend some of the older Need For Speed games a lot (I loved Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted in Particular) and Midnight Club 3 was also a good casual racing game

Obviously those games could be described as lacking "Realism" ; but hey they had a lot to do and were fun

That is something i cant say of recent Need For Speed games

Teaches/reinforcing rapid reflexes as straight math. subliminally at a neural level. There's one which was an advanced version of Tetris which, before you reach the uppermost level prior to ordering the Full No Longer Free levels, which I couldn't get because the developer's email and university homepage, both died the Internet Death Of Really Neat Stuff ...ran on DOS console ... it had shapes consisting of 14 blocks... and the guy was attempting manipulation and modification of the neural factors of autism. So your dad didn't read it right when he told you to stop wasting time on games. Forgive him.

Last edited:
Elite: Dangerous.

Just hands down one of the most immersive games I've ever played.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Made me see and appreciate the beauty in things most people would consider 'ugly', such as rusted warehouses and overgrown towns. Also made me aware of the history of Chernobyl, a place that's now on my bucket list to visit.

Those games are not necessarily 'popular', but they have a cult following, which is far more better.

I'm a bit of a game collector. I pay special attention to any "hit" or "high sales" games, as well as games released with a console package. There is a reason why those games are so popular, because a LOT of other people think they are hits. Usually by the time most of these games hit that mark they have already fallen in price too, so finding them for under $40 easy in most cases- if you don't mind waiting.

Slomo said:
I'm a bit of a game collector. I pay special attention to any "hit" or "high sales" games, as well as games released with a console package. There is a reason why those games are so popular, because a LOT of other people think they are hits. Usually by the time most of these games hit that mark they have already fallen in price too, so finding them for under $40 easy in most cases- if you don't mind waiting.

I usually wait until games have been out for 2-4 months or longer, that way I can buy used games for sometimes 1/2 the price of a new game (or less)

That is one nice thing with console gaming and physical copies of games, people finish a game and want to sell it to recover part of their money and then you can buy it really cheap, I just got Kingdom Hearts 3 for what was basically half off brand new price (with 8% eBay bucks) and it released only back in February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back