Urodynamics test.

BabyHailey1977 said:
What if I have urodynamics and it doesn’t show anything? My urologist wants me to get one down, but I’m afraid that it will say that I shouldn’t be having problems. She wants to throw meds at me which I don’t want to take. I’m ok with diapers and the urologist doesn’t like that.
It is very important to understand that the schools teach that diapers only collect and 'surprise' provide no help regarding solving (reducing) the limited to uncontrolled loss. Hence, diapers provide zero effort toward controlling /solving loss.

What they fail to understand is that even as a simple collection system, diapers provide the user the opportunities to be out and about.

Reactions: EcoIncon and BabyHailey1977
BabyHailey1977 said:
What if I have urodynamics and it doesn’t show anything? My urologist wants me to get one down, but I’m afraid that it will say that I shouldn’t be having problems. She wants to throw meds at me which I don’t want to take. I’m ok with diapers and the urologist doesn’t like that.
Be ever so watchful wearing nappies
Remember that this is breeding grounds for bacteria
Women are more open to infections because they have a shorter urethral
Now also consider males are also not exempt from these infections also even though their urethral is longer
Where for some that dont really need didee's and it may be pleasure for them it still comes with risks also
Women are even more prone to a worse infection because they poo their nappies
Again males also are not exempt here also
Like with babies their didee's need to be changed frequently as well as the cleaning during changes
The cleaning is done for a reason
Being an adult does not exempt you from the risks that a baby goes through.
I've heard that some like to be in a wet nappie or poo didee's for extended periods of time
These ppl are playing Russian Roulette with their health.
Everyone needs to use some common sense and there's way to many that seam not to use it.

Reactions: LifeInPlastic, EcoIncon and BabyHailey1977
BabyHailey1977 said:
What if I have urodynamics and it doesn’t show anything? My urologist wants me to get one down, but I’m afraid that it will say that I shouldn’t be having problems. She wants to throw meds at me which I don’t want to take. I’m ok with diapers and the urologist doesn’t like that
If "nothing" comes up on the urodynamics test, that is still a valid answer. It doesn't mean that you "shouldn't be" having problems, but eliminates possible reasons for why you are having issues. It can also identify them, like it did for me when diagnosing my bladder issues which turned out to be a PBNO.

I felt similar to you before I had it done. You can't really shake that feeling you have until you go through with it. The test does give you a wealth of information and is worth doing, because the difference between thinking you know and actually knowing is vast and very validating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pino and BabyHailey1977
mirrored22 said:
If "nothing" comes up on the urodynamics test, that is still a valid answer. It doesn't mean that you "shouldn't be" having problems, but eliminates possible reasons for why you are having issues. It can also identify them, like it did for me when diagnosing my bladder issues which turned out to be a PBNO.

I felt similar to you before I had it done. You can't really shake that feeling you have until you go through with it. The test does give you a wealth of information and is worth doing, because the difference between thinking you know and actually knowing is vast and very validating.
What I’m afraid of is that my urologist will say that she can’t find anything wrong, or nothing that explains why I’m having my issues. She doesn’t believe it could be caused by the mass of chemicals I was exposed to. And then cancel my pad prescription.

Right now when I am wearing a diaper my voids are moderate to minimal. This morning even though I had my morning bathroom habit, soon after I left the house on my way to work I wet my diaper a little more. This continued for a few times very little each time. I had not drank much in the way of liquids but a little to take my medicine.
When I am not wearing a diaper I can go for a little bit and then urge hits me I can go to the bathroom and I will pee a little. If I put up with the urge for a while. I can go to the bathroom and have more of a full void. The urge feeling started within the last 3 weeks that I have really noticed. I have had times in the past 6 months or so that I would void little amounts and then there are other times mainly at night I will have a full void where it feels like I have emptied my bladder completely.
If this keeps going the way it is I will be glad to go and hopefully get some answers.

BabyHailey1977 said:
What I’m afraid of is that my urologist will say that she can’t find anything wrong, or nothing that explains why I’m having my issues. She doesn’t believe it could be caused by the mass of chemicals I was exposed to. And then cancel my pad prescription.
not every cause of incontinence have a physical root cause. Sometimes it’s psychological and sometimes you will not find the cause. If you think it’s because you’re was exposed to chemicals and your nerves where affected then this is something that can be messured. If no nerve damage is found then this is a good sign because this would become in a long run much worse and can cause several other problems.

Why do you think they will cancel the prescription? I mean if the doc is not able to find the cause it’s first of all his and not your fault…

Last edited:
Reactions: Pino, mirrored22 and BabyHailey1977
Hi lilshelly,

That sounds not so bad - if I understand you right you wrote you’re dealing with an UTI. This can also cause such problems. How ever - as your urologist already mentioned it might be a good idea to have everything ruled out. So it might be an idea to spent a combur test strip an check it again.

Btw. - the UD is only possible if there’s no UTI present. For this reason this will be tested directly before the UD and they will reject you if they find a UTI and give you a new appointment.

So don’t worry to much - and see if they find something and what. Many things can be fixed and not everything has a neurological cause…

Reactions: Pino and mirrored22
mickdl said:
Hi lilshelly,

That sounds not so bad - if I understand you right you wrote you’re dealing with an UTI. This can also cause such problems. How ever - as your urologist already mentioned it might be a good idea to have everything ruled out. So it might be an idea to spent a combur test strip an check it again.

Btw. - the UD is only possible if there’s no UTI present. For this reason this will be tested directly before the UD and they will reject you if they find a UTI and give you a new appointment.

So don’t worry to much - and see if they find something and what. Many things can be fixed and not everything has a neurological cause…
No UTI so UD is being done to rule out any other issues.

babysissyrichie said:
Be ever so watchful wearing nappies
Remember that this is breeding grounds for bacteria
Women are more open to infections because they have a shorter urethral
Now also consider males are also not exempt from these infections also even though their urethral is longer
Where for some that dont really need didee's and it may be pleasure for them it still comes with risks also
Women are even more prone to a worse infection because they poo their nappies
Again males also are not exempt here also
Like with babies their didee's need to be changed frequently as well as the cleaning during changes
The cleaning is done for a reason
Being an adult does not exempt you from the risks that a baby goes through.
I've heard that some like to be in a wet nappie or poo didee's for extended periods of time
These ppl are playing Russian Roulette with their health.
Everyone needs to use some common sense and there's way to many that seam not to use it.
That is why it is extra important to stay well hydrated when dealing with urinary IC. The urine itself is less agressive to the skin(and smells way less) and most importantly the urethral gets flushed. It means wetting more often but also it siginficantly lowers the chances for infections or rashes to happen(on top of the regular benefits of a good hydration level).

Cheers

Back