UK Council Domestic Refuse Bins

Andy86 said:
My bin is always full of my wet nappies
That all depends on how many nappies you go through a week I go through 9 nappies a week that’s 36 nappies every 4 weeks

Reactions: Edgewater and Andy86
MrDiaperLoverUK said:
That all depends on how many nappies you go through a week I go through 9 nappies a week that’s 36 nappies every 4 weeks
Yea but add that on top of the “normal rubbish” and it’s a noticeabley heavier bin 🤫

Reactions: Edgewater
Andy86 said:
Yea but add that on top of the “normal rubbish” and it’s a noticeabley heavier bin 🤫
I always put my bin bag of my wet nappies in the normal rubbish bin but I always try and hide it with other bin bags on top of my wet bag of nappies

Reactions: Edgewater and Andy86
MrDiaperLoverUK said:
I always put my bin bag of my wet nappies in the normal rubbish bin but I always try and hide it with other bin bags on top of my wet bag of nappies
So do I but my wet nappies make my bin heavier than usual

Just to Update on the Domestic Refuse Bins. unfortunately because there is 3 adults living in a 4 bed house we are only having just 1 bin to last 3 weeks so my local council has said when I emailed them today plus the down side I recently told my mum about my love for nappies and she told me I should stop wearing them because my wet nappies will take up the most space in just 1 240 Litre bin but I’m not intending to stop wearing my love of nappies

• Wow
looks like they want you to declare how many bins you have, and what you use them for... if you have children in Nappies or a person who has to wea nappies, that may help to increase your single bin approval to two or one bigger bin. Ive you have legitimate reason to need more than the alocated 1 bin, then you maybe granted more bins .. But ideally you hould try to improve your recycling and how you pack your bin and how you dispose of your waste to ' compact ' your waste into as few bins as possible... otherwise you could be having to make trips to the local tip/recycling centre

• Wow
Although I live in the USA where trash collection trends to be more relaxed, I've heard the UK tends to be more proactive in trying to reduce household waste / encourage recycling. If your regularly wearing nappies, let them know and they'll make sure you have more capacity for disposal. Although the letter does sound a bit prying by USA standards, it's just a number and statistic for them to help reduce unnecessary garbage while still providing additional capacity for those that need it - the fact that incontinence products is explicitly listed indicates it's not uncommon and frequently justified reason for that extra capacity.

I do seem to recall someone else in the UK indicating their area had special bins for medical / incontinence waste - you may also end up with one of those or they may be evaluating the need for them.

Personally, I can't imagine not letting them know as dealing with the waste on your own with special trips to dispose of the diapers would be far more inconvenient than having adequate bins and pickup...

diaperabigale said:
looks like they want you to declare how many bins you have, and what you use them for... if you have children in Nappies or a person who has to wea nappies, that may help to increase your single bin approval to two or one bigger bin. Ive you have legitimate reason to need more than the alocated 1 bin, then you maybe granted more bins .. But ideally you hould try to improve your recycling and how you pack your bin and how you dispose of your waste to ' compact ' your waste into as few bins as possible... otherwise you could be having to make trips to the local tip/recycling centre
Unfortunately Yes I have to declare how many bins we have in our house and no children in Nappies just 3 adults permanently living in a 4 bed house with just me in Nappies (not for medical use but as a fetish/personal use) so I have no choice but to cut my use of my Nappies from 9 Nappies a week down to 3 Nappies a week from Monday 1st January 2024 so I would only have just 1 240L bin instead of 2 240L bins. I always do improve the recycling plus no in our house drives at the moment

Last edited:
  • Wow
MrDiaperLoverUK said:
It was every 2 weeks but it’s now every 3 weeks as it’s been like that for the last 2 to 3 years I think
Where I live there’s one week where only a small food caddy gets emptied then one is is caddy and both bins then black lid and caddy then blue lid and caddy then caddy then both bins and caddy

• Sad
loveducks said:
Where I live there’s one week where only a small food caddy gets emptied then one is is caddy and both bins then black lid and caddy then blue lid and caddy then caddy then both bins and caddy
I find it confusing with your bins where you are in Warwickshire but with me in Somerset our household refuses bin get emptied every 3 weeks and our recycling boxes gets emptied every week

Back