Trying to wear a smaller size diaper to bed, tips?

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Hello everyone,

Recently I've had some degree of success with wetting rearz safari diapers while lying down and not leaking. I do the bottom tapes first and pull everything on super snug. It seems that If I do everything right it works. However when I try to do the same technique with abu peekabus I get massive leaks. Note that I've only tried this once or twice so far. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Different diapers have different fits and different cuts. What fits perfectly for one person may leak a lot for another, that's why there's multiple brands out there. Everyone here loves Betterdry diapers, but they just don't fit my body well so I use NorthShore MegaMaxes.

You can try to change the way you tape them on a few different ways to see if it works better, or you can try taping while laying down or standing up to get a different fit as well. There's a number of things to try, but the fact is they might just not fit you as well as others. I suggest you try every brand to see what works best for you, but get a sample first!

safari are pretty high capacity, just make sure you're diapering up correctly and you should get really good capacity. Fold the crotch so the center line is folded away from you, and make sure the lower tapes are angled downward to secure around your legs. (the upper tapes are for your waist, the lower tapes are for your legs) PeekABU aren't quite as high capacity but they seem to wick a little better.

I trust safari (or little rascals) on Friday and Saturday nights where I plan to sleep in the next morning, it's pretty common for me to get out of bed in the late morning and find my diaper is wet to within a few inches of the back top, and usually doesn't leak. (that's around 5-6 wettings)

ABU diapers are a little smaller, but the idea is the same. If I had to guess I'd say you probably aren't getting the "V" fold in the crotch in your ABU's because they're not quite as long front-to-back. Don't try to pull them up as high in the front and back as you do with safari, they will need to fit an inch or more lower to give you material to "V" fold the crotch. Or maybe go a size up in ABU.

Reactions: hex000f
Update: I've tried to wet peekabus while lying down 5+ times and leaked every single time. The size of the leak has varied and I'm not 100% sure its always from the same spot. During today's attempts I noticed that the leak was coming from the left side of the diaper in the front despite my lying on my back. I'm not sure if its been from there every single time but its been that way more then once. Does anyone have any advice knowing this?

run the lower tapes around your leg, not toward each other in the middle.

Don't, wear one designed for your hip measurement or you are asking for leaks.

Back