Took a risk and was worth it.... (with picture)

Should I try the Target brand of night time pullups (Up and Up Nighttime Underpants L/XL)

• Total voters

shytweenie

I don't check here often as I used to anymore
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Yesterday I wanted to try out the Walmart brand of nighttime pull ups, Parent's Choice XL. It had a cheaper price than Goodnites (obviously), but I hear a lot about the diapers not stretching as well as goodnites and tearing easily. I took the risk and paid eight bucks for the pull ups. The next morning I brought the package into my house and tried one on. Granted, it was very difficult to put it on at first because it is tighter, but I still managed to squeeze into them. Then there is the test drive, how well can the Parent's choice nighttime underpants absorb. For what they are they have highabsorbancy , there were no leaks, not even a drop by the time I was done. In my perpective it is such a weird trade off, inferior elasticity for better absorbancy than Goodnites. I went ahead and wore the diaper for more than half and hour and there was little or no tearing, but I was still extra careful in my movements as this is a very very very tight diaper for me. Should I go ahead and try the target brand of night time pull ups?
IMG_20200804_070258922.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BigKid25, littledreamers333 and thedlguy
Please try the target brand so that some of us can get a better idea of them. I am thinking about picking these up to try after seeing your review :)

Reactions: shytweenie
highabsorbancy said:
Yesterday I wanted to try out the Walmart brand of nighttime pull ups, Parent's Choice XL. It had a cheaper price than Goodnites (obviously), but I hear a lot about the diapers not stretching as well as goodnites and tearing easily. I took the risk and paid eight bucks for the pull ups. The next morning I brought the package into my house and tried one on. Granted, it was very difficult to put it on at first because it is tighter, but I still managed to squeeze into them. Then there is the test drive, how well can the Parent's choice nighttime underpants absorb. For what they are they have highabsorbancy , there were no leaks, not even a drop by the time I was done. In my perpective it is such a weird trade off, inferior elasticity for better absorbancy than Goodnites. I went ahead and wore the diaper for more than half and hour and there was little or no tearing, but I was still extra careful in my movements as this is a very very very tight diaper for me. Should I go ahead and try the target brand of night time pull ups?
View attachment 43644
So wait are you wearing them right now or..? I’m a little confused.

I tried another brand recently, Allnites (also branded as Easy Sleeps for Safeway's in-store Signature brand). Other than the tight, weak elastic, they were easily as good as Goodnites, and seemed higher quality (and quieter). What does the elastic look like?

Last edited:
fluffyfox828 said:
Please try the target brand so that some of us can get a better idea of them. I am thinking about picking these up to try after seeing your review :)

I can tell you that the target brand is among my favorites! Exact same stretch and size as good nights. Possibly better absorbency! If I had a target closer I would be buying them all the time.Don’t hesitate.

Lmgg33 said:
I can tell you that the target brand is among my favorites! Exact same stretch and size as good nights. Possibly better absorbency! If I had a target closer I would be buying them all the time.Don’t hesitate.
Hmm interesting. They sell them in boxes only now. May go out and get some Sunday. Thanks for the info :).

The target ones feel a little bit bigger than the goodnight it seems like there's more stretching them

MattTheCat said:
So wait are you wearing them right now or..? I’m a little confused.
yes, for my situation I cannot just bring it inside and try them on immediately; I am over 18 but I am still living with my parents and to avoid getting caught with diapers I have to wait for certain times when I am alone to try them on

cmon6969 said:
The target ones feel a little bit bigger than the goodnight it seems like there's more stretching them
They have a wider coverage on the rear

DL4L1992 said:
They have a wider coverage on the rear
Last I tried them they were smaller than Goodnites, that was a while ago tho.

To my knowledge, KCWW makes goodnites and the target brand is made by KCWW. It seems to me that the reason they sell for less is because of two reasons.

Reason 1 is they are a previous model or pattern of goodnites, meaning if the new actual goodnites have better side panels, the target brand “goodnites” will be the un-updated model that have the slightly lesser side panels - still, not a big deal at all. Certainly not a deal breaker.

Reason 2 - simply put, they aren’t name brand. There’s honestly no reason (that I can see) why you pay more for actual name brand vs store brand. It’s the same thing.
Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. This is all my personal understanding but that doesn’t mean I’m right.

Last edited:
Reactions: shytweenie and TigerDL
I have tried the Parents Choice XLs. This was at least three years ago. They may be better now, but they had a super thin shell and when wet would come apart. Also were much smaller than a Goodnite.

I tried the Up & Up ones. They were ok. But I found that almost all of the two packs I got had little pin holes in the shell. I’m sure it was a bad batch. They were much softer inside than Goodnites. But were useless unless I doubled them up. If I can find them again, I’d buy them and give them another chance. The last time I bought them they were in the 11 pack but I see they only have the large box available now.

Back