Thoughts on ABU Super Dry Kids

VintagePampers1990 said:
Now if only SDK’s came scented like baby powder, or better yet Pampers. Heavily scented diapers would be the best thing ever ! And so many of us want it ! I want that diaper scent so bad !!!
They have scent strips you can get with your order

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Hey! Do they feel really bulky or not as bad? Still trying to find a comfy cozy one during the day so I feel protected but has more discretion
I don’t find them bulky at all. I find they fit very nice and snug. And they are mind blowingly comfortable.

• Love
Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413
UnderTheRadar said:
They have scent strips you can get with your order
I always get scent strips. The ABU scent is great, but the strips wear out / fade so quick it’s ridiculous. I’d like the entire diaper scented. Amazing scent, just not a good system with the scent strips. Wish it was available in a spray

VintagePampers1990 said:
I always get scent strips. The ABU scent is great, but the strips wear out / fade so quick it’s ridiculous. I’d like the entire diaper scented. Amazing scent, just not a good system with the scent strips. Wish it was available in a spray
Ever thought about getting a super cute baby scent powder and just sprinkling it into the diaper before putting it on? Or once on, pull open the front or back and shake some down?

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Ever thought about getting a super cute baby scent powder and just sprinkling it into the diaper before putting it on? Or once on, pull open the front or back and shake some down?
I do that sometimes. Thing is as good as Johnson’s baby powder smells, it’s not strong enough

VintagePampers1990 said:
I don’t like they plastic shell on Peek a boo diapers. I tried them recently and while they are excellent quality diapers, I didn’t like the plastic. Felt very thick and just not nice to me. The plastic on the current run of SDK’s is much nicer than Peek a boo I think. Although I think the plastic on SDK’s could still be a bit softer yet I think. Back in 2018 / 2019 when SDK’s were all white the plastic was INCREDIBLE! It actually felt like the plastic that used to be on actual pampers. What I would do for some of those again. The feel of the plastic on diapers is so important. But regardless, the current run of SDK’s are still really great and such a pleasure to wear.
Agreed! I have a feeling that different plastics come and go and it's probably hard to get one that's just right, and have it always be available. Must be something to do with who's supplying what and when. Just wish Tykables would spill the beans on how they got that Baby Butter plastic...🥰

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
I use J&J lavender powder when I get tired of the original scent. It's a really nice alternative but I still like the original the best. I just use it a lot...lol!

Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413
Nothing wrong with some extra comfort!! :)

Reactions: southeastlittle
I love them. If they also made a similar two tape diaper with no prints I'd be a customer for life.

Reactions: UnderTheRadar
southeastlittle said:
Agreed! All-over prints can be nice, but as a late 80's/early 90's baby I dream about having a nice variety of vintage replicas that stay as true to the originals as possible.

I will admit that my new go-to is Kiddos Juniors over SDKs due to the softness inside and out, and the fit is slightly better, but SDKs just look so darn cute! SDKs were also one of my first ABDL diapers back when I started many years ago and will always have a special place in my heart.
I dream of more vintage replicas as well. Luvs with Barney is one of them. I haven't tried the Kiddo Juniors, but did try the Kiddo that ABU used to have. Don't know if they are similar or not. I might end up making replica landing zones of vintage baby diapers and making my own 😆

Reactions: southeastlittle and UnderTheRadar
SDKs are up there with my top 3 favorite diapers. I love that its not too thick like many high capacity diapers today, but its not too thin either, just the right amount of fluff in the padding. And of the course the two tapes make it easy to fasten on & off! Im not really nostalgic for vintage Pampers since Im a 2000s kid, I just simply like the way SDKs are built 😃

Sadly Ive stopped wearing SDKs recently cause for whatever reason they stopped stocking them in my size (size small)

Reactions: xux and southeastlittle
I haven't ordered SDK's in quite a while. The last time there were issues with the tapes being higher than normal resulting in an odd fit.

Does anyone have any photos of the current version?

I've still got some of the old all white ones which were fantastic. They fit perfectly 👌🏻
20230206_144426.jpg

These are the last ones I ordered.
I liked the added waistband, really helped prevent leaks when wearing at night albeit not in keeping with the vintage look.
20230206_144511.jpg

Side by side comparison
20230206_144347.jpg
20230206_144618.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PlastiBrain, VintagePampers1990, xux and 1 other person
I kind of like the waistband. Tho a slightly lighter blue would be nice. Still waiting for them to make an all white two tape diaper

SDKs were my first ABDL diapers. I got them when they first came out. They had manufacturing problems, as about every third diaper had pinholes in the same front position. Even so, I loved them. They were very comfortable and the good ones worked better that any diaper I'd worn before. The problem was fixed by the time I re-ordered and they were my diaper of choice for a few years. I was not thrilled when they switched to the two-tape style and by then there were more ABDL choices that were even better. I have fond memories of SDKs, but I'll probably never order them again. There are just too many better offerings today.

LittleScotty said:
I haven't ordered SDK's in quite a while. The last time there were issues with the tapes being higher than normal resulting in an odd fit.

Does anyone have any photos of the current version?

I've still got some of the old all white ones which were fantastic. They fit perfectly 👌🏻
View attachment 134101

These are the last ones I ordered.
I liked the added waistband, really helped prevent leaks when wearing at night albeit not in keeping with the vintage look.
View attachment 134102

Side by side comparison
View attachment 134103
View attachment 134104
Oh god what I would do to get my hands on some of the all white ones again. The plastic on them was PERFECT. Actually felt like Pampers used to. The dark blue with the misplaced tapes were not a great version of them. The current batch has the tapes corrected and up higher again and has light blue, and the plastic is nicer again. Not as nice as when they were all white, but still very nice. SDK’s are my favourite diapers of all time. Soooooooooo comfortable.

Reactions: PlastiBrain, xux and LittleScotty
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Hey! Do they feel really bulky or not as bad? Still trying to find a comfy cozy one during the day so I feel protected but has more discretion
They aren’t super bulky which is nice. I like the trim snug feeling. These are definitely comfy cozy. The most comfortable diapers I’ve ever worn. They still hold plenty too. The perfect amount I think.

Reactions: TigerDL and xux
I wore a sdk whilst out shopping in the market today. I wet it quite extensively and when I returned home I kept it on for a while longer. it was fine. no leaks and nice n comfortable. all in all very pleased.

Reactions: TigerDL and xux
SDK's are the best diaper in the world imo. I love them so much! The only one that potentially beats it for me are the peekabus but I prefer 2 tapes over 4

I wore SDK"s during a complete little day and I loved them. I could not have had a better diaper for little day. It felt and looked like a baby diaper one me and helped me feel little. Plus it had just the right amount of capacity to hold up for several hours while we were out but low enough to afford several diapers change during the day. They are one of my favorite little space diaper now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back