Therapy help

Reactions: Marting
Brumas94 said:
I think it comes down to the degree to which you feel safe/comfortable/heard when with your therapist - and the relationship you have with them. Equally, your own judgement regarding the extent to which your personal need for therapy is interlaced with your AB/DL desires.
A few years ago I did have some 6 moths of therapy for completely unconnected (to AB/DL) reasons. In my experience, part of the process is taking you back to very young childhood and then bringing you back to present, exploring any and all aspects of what might have contributed to the 'you' that is 'you'. This helps one understand the what, why and has some potential to explain, uncover, enable acceptance and adaptation to whatever issues one might be facing. In a way, to make you strong again.
So, I did bring up the AB/DL side after several weekly sessions and they were completely comfortable, both in body language and discussion, regarding it as an intrinsic aspect of who I am. As an aside to that, it helped me feel far more comfortable with 'it' and offered several explanations, in terms of psychological theory, of where it might all have come from.
Good luck with the therapy; it certainly helped me.
Thank you. That really helps.

It seems pretty obvious to me, at least, that you do want to bring it up. If you keep dancing around it, and bringing up topics like inner child and other clues that tells me you want to talk about it.

If you like her, trust her, then do it. A quality therapist will respond with great empathy.

Reactions: BBBen, Joeysms and Marting
Yesterday, my therapist brought up some clients he's had who occasionally wanted to dress as a woman, but not always. This led to talking about spectrums and my bisexuality. I brought this site up as he knows I'm AB/DL on and an ab/dl blog site.

I think you would be safe and accepted if you do bring it up. The one reason that I like seeing my psychologist is because it's the one place I can show all of myself: my true self. Discussions about my sexuality, how it affected my past as well as my present as well as wearing diapers is liberating for me. My psychologist actually kept me for over an hour, something that he has never done before.

Reactions: BBBen and Marting
I imagine once you feel safe you will tell her, that's how it worked for me.

Thanks everyone

Marting said:
Hi everyone

I've been seeing a therapist recently and most sessions she's seeming to focus on the fact that I'm not looking after my 'inner child'. I'm continually talking around the subject and saying things like 'I like to imagine I'm small' etc, but feel absolutely terrified to bring up my abdl side. Is it disengenuous of me to not bring it up? I know she's talking about 'self love' and 'self protection' etc, rather than an AB side. Can I carry on without mentioning actual AB do you think? I don't really want to bring it up with her, but am worried my treatment won't be affective if I don't.
Yes you should tell her you are a abdl.

Back