The way I diaper myself

freechris

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I notice as of recent that I have pretty much changed the way I change diapers. I used to pad myself lying down. But, as I've developed my routine more, I've been doing more of the private bathroom stand-up changes. It's a bit of a thrill, actually, if you ask me.

Reactions: Kenzo and MissEE
Me too! I used to change laying down always, but I'm learning to become pretty fast and efficient at doing it standing up. It's the only way to do it at work or in a public bathroom. You're right...it is a little thrilling, though.

Reactions: freechris and Kenzo
I've NEVER been able to change myself lying down. Maybe I'm inflexible? The position is just such a pain in the butt.

Reactions: midl2006, freechris and Kenzo
I also agree with Forte its is a pain in the butt. I've tried changing laying down and changing. I cant ever get the tapes tight enough and my diaper ends up leaking. So the only way i do my changing is by standing up. Whether it be at home or in a public restroom.

Reactions: midl2006, freechris and Forte
Honestly, stand up changes are ideal if I am changing myself. Its easier and the cleanup is easier too.

Reactions: midl2006, freechris and Kenzo
I've only put mine on standing up, better fitting and taping the diaper to yourself.

Reactions: midl2006 and Kenzo
I seem to be able to get a better fit, by putting my diaper on while standing.

Reactions: midl2006 and Kenzo
I always diaper standing.

I seem to be in the minority, but I find laying down is less awkward for me

I typically diaper myself while lying down.

Most of my changes are done standing up, lately the only time I get changed lying down is when my wife changes me, even then once standing up I always need to adjust the tapes...

Forte said:
I've NEVER been able to change myself lying down. Maybe I'm inflexible? The position is just such a pain in the butt.

You’re using the safety pins wrong if you’re getting a pain in the butt!

depends on the day, most times standing up though.

When I diaper myself I do it standing, when I get diapered by my girlfriend its laying down. Now for something new!! The past few days I had to work an extended shift, basically I inspect jobs and I'll work doubles driving all over to look at these jobs. I threw my diaper bag in the truck this time and found a very private area to get changed into a diaper. I changed while sitting in the truck, pull my pants and boxers down to my knee's (this key) what I noticed since I was only laying slightly reclined and could not fully spread my legs was that my diaper went on with creases in the pleats by the wings, and the front wasn't cupped all the way to my body (like when I change standing up) the result was a snug diaper, puff of padding in the front (my family jewels didn't feel crunched) and overall a better diaper experience, the tapes landed perfectly and the overall fit was exceptional.

I diaper myself sitting down. I feel that I have better control over the tapes were they landing and get a better snugg fitting.
When laying down it’s more difficult to have an overview over things , so to say.
The most important thing is to get the diaper as tight as possible, to prevent leaks. And also get ”you know who” faceing downwards, sometimes that can be ”hard” (hehe).

My diapering orientation depends on the kind of diaper that I’m putting on. If it’s a cloth contour I put soaker pads, or doublers, in the diaper along with a folded terry bath towel as a soaker and a folded terry hand towel to make cleanup easier. This would make it pretty difficult to diaper vertically so cloth I do lying down. When I’m going out of the house I wear Abena M-4’s and those I almost always put on while standing. I remember a few years back when I was beginning my diapering exploits I tried putting on a disposable by backing against the wall to hold the diaper between my tush and the wall. I was such an idiot that I thought I had discovered a totally unique method to put on my diaper. It never occurred to me that people had been using this technique for as long as there have been diapers. What was it Solomon said in Ecclesiatlstes? (Ecc.1:9) “That which has been is what will be, That which has been done is what will be done, There’s nothing new under the sun.” I wonder if king Solomon wore diapers in his old age, for need or desire? Odds are a few of those 700 wives and princesses or 300 concubines might have needed them. Wow Solomon, that’s about 3 a night if you were only going to service each of them once a year. No wonder he mentions nagging wives so many times in Proverbs.

Standing, lying down, pre-taping, or even just free standing, it doesn't really matter what position I diaper up in. As long as you have memorized where the tapes need to go for a good fit then you can always get the same good fit no matter how you put it on.

Back