The top 1% worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/11/01...ed-to-be-part-of-the-1-percent-worldwide.html

So I read this article that goes into how much money you need to be in the top 1% globally, well IIRC it was under 1 million, and as you go up in % you need exponentially less money to be in that % bracket; and essentially if you have $5000 sitting around you are better off than 50% of the worlds population.

Kind of mind boggling, but I guess it makes sense since there are a lot of countries with a majority of people who are either unemployed, or make very little money (when you compare it to USD anyways) and I can only imagine the suffering those people must go through.

I guess it goes to show that all of us in the developed world are pretty well off, even if it doesn't seem like it; and while I am diagnosed with mental health issues I try to have a good attitude about everything and be happy as much as possible, because believe it or not sometimes you can put yourself in a good mood or a bad mood.

I believe that Africa is the poorest continent in the world. The amount of poverty in the rest of the world staggers the mind. No wonder there are so many wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back