The reality got me back - i am choosing diapers for today.

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have got real success with the Rehydration-Solution and got my fluids to 3400ml very constantly. What is great.

But my hope to reduce my bladder problems at the same time i rejoiced too soon. Yesterday i was at 20 toilet visits for just over 3000ml, or 150 ml a void.
I was at home the complete day, so no accidents, but i got worn down (?). The German expression would be more like "crumbly".
In the night i woke up three times, once with a "pee-dream" and a little wet spot.

I gave in today. I will wear a diaper and use it for #1. A bit of shame and frustrating either, but i like to get things done now.

My next Botox is scheduled for June. Still some time to go.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and EcoIncon
You do what you need to do. I'm sure I won't be the last person to tell you this, but make sure your dr is aware of the issues. Other thsn that, just try to have a great day

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Pino
Pino said:
I have got real success with the Rehydration-Solution and got my fluids to 3400ml very constantly. What is great.

But my hope to reduce my bladder problems at the same time i rejoiced too soon. Yesterday i was at 20 toilet visits for just over 3000ml, or 150 ml a void.
I was at home the complete day, so no accidents, but i got worn down (?). The German expression would be more like "crumbly".
In the night i woke up three times, once with a "pee-dream" and a little wet spot.

I gave in today. I will wear a diaper and use it for #1. A bit of shame and frustrating either, but i like to get things done now.

My next Botox is scheduled for June. Still some time to go.
You have a lot of issues to manage and did what you could. I don't think there is any shame in saving your bed and getting a good night of sleep.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, EcoIncon and 1 other person
I get it. My quality of life has improved vastly since I've accepted using pullups 24/7. I was doing some traveling to Europe last week and it was so nice to not worry, am I going to have OAB, will I be able to find a bathroom in time, how much will I leak? Some days I could get away with a few pads but there were others I needed the pullup. Kudos to Depend Night Defense for saving the day a few times.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, littlefun and 1 other person
Pino, you have a lot of issues going on, so IMHO your bladder is not the worst one - so just do everything which makes your life easier, and if this means wearing some padding than just do it with your head up and without frustration or shame.
Luckily my wife is fully understanding with my need for protection, so also during the night I'm diapered and don't have to get up several times. This gives me a very good rest which makes my life much easier, which is also something quite positive for her!

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, daylight and 2 others
@Pino, I am so sorry to hear you are struggling and I know the "shame" you give yourself in this situation. Just know that none of us believe there is any shame you should feel.

Keep living your best life and focus on what you do manage to achieve. From what I've heard of your story many people would not handle this as well as you do.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, Edgewater and 1 other person
You and I share a lot of similarities in our conditions. The most frustrating part is how "random" they can be. I've just sort of accepted that I will have good days and bad days.

When the bad bladder days roll around, I just put on a diaper and move on with my day. Wearing them enables me to be a good spouse, parent, and employee. Without them I'd be frustrated, irritable, and unproductive. My family can't afford for me to wallow in self pity and just not suck up my pride and get on with my life. I have to care for my family and provide an income to survive on. It's hard to do that always in the bathroom or worrying about the next time I have to go.

When things got difficult at work one of my mentors in my used to always tell me, "keep you chin up, shoulders back, and face into the wind."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Dinotopian2002, Pino and 1 other person
I came early-on to the reality that if not diapered, my professional life would end and like above, I had a very young family and loved what I did for a living. I Accepted wearing diapers and never looked back!

Pick your battles and move on!

Reactions: Diprs2, Mike4978 and Pino
Sorry to hear your struggles @Pino, but there’s no shame to wearing a diaper if you need it, even if it’s not 24/7.

As someone who is a young professional with multiple serious health conditions, I’ve reached a point where I’m diapered 24/7, even if I don’t think I need it, or if I can use a toilet. (when I can, I do)

Some days my medical conditions can also cause stress, when my body can crack a bit under pressure. In that case, it’s easier and safer to just release my bladder into my diaper to relieve pressure, rather than have it present in other ways.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and Pino
Pino said:
After a couple of my own bedwetting accidents, my wife encouraged me to wear a diaper.

My diabetic nerve damage causes me to periodically pee in my sleep -- but not every night. There's no way to predict when that will be. So on the other nights, I have resigned to just rolling over and releasing since the diaper will be discarded in the morning anyway. I do feel guilty about it sometimes but I've come to accept this.

It's only the stigma that gives me pause else apart from cost, who cares?

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Mike4978, Edgewater and 1 other person
Back