Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

The embarrassing purchase

parcelboy2 said:
Nope she just opens the front door and gets the parcel man to put hem just inside door and that’s where they stay till Friday till I get home
Also my name is on the label any way

Ah okay that makes sense then thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I now feel no embarrassment at all when buying, (only have to out to buy maybe three or four times in a year) and so many stores now sell them I know I am just another person who buys Nappies, who gives a toss !

When I started needing to wear protection in the day, I only needed one per day.

I had to make a run late in the day that was about five hours round trip.

When I was about halfway through the run, I felt my pullup was full and I would not make it home without leaking.

I stopped in a small-town grocery store to try to get some more pullups. The only thing they had was one package of Depend briefs. I took them to the checker, and they would not scan and there was no price sticker on them. The cashier asked me if I would go back and get the price, which I did.

When I got back to the front the original checker was being relieved by another. There was a lady that was in the check line when I got back, and the original checker said in loud voice those diapers are not hers they are his and pointed toward me.

It taught me to always carry a spare

• Angry
Reactions: Angelapinks and slimjiminy
Phoenix0 said:
I know alot of you will have experienced this at some point in time, wether its the confused cashier at Walmart or the embarressed delivery driver.
How do you deal with it, especially if its always the same person?
Cashiers vary so much on this point. Some are helpful enough to offer a bag, while others are clearly embarrassed for you. Still others just want to finish their shift.

Since I get the best priced briefs at Walmart for my overnight wear, I usually just go there an use their self checkout. I bring a large enough carrying bag so that I don't have to parade it through the store. I've stopped caring about the self checkout watcher. When I get to my apartment elevator, I place another bag over top of my bag of diapers in the carrying bag to keep it from public eyes.

Bearcatz said:
The last time I was in the driveway and the Fedex guy was delivering 6 cases of M4's with the factory boxes. After the first few, he definitely looked up what they were on his phone and started snickering at me. I looked at it in a sort of reverse ironic kind of way. Basically, I'm here working on my 4th car for fun and you're delivering diapers, what's so funny? It was embarrassing at first, but I just make jokes and laugh about it now.

The worst is when your purchase gets delivered to your neighbor's instead. I was super embarrassed about that, and that'll probably just get worse if it happens again.
Oh man Bearcatz, That shows the level of maturity and professionalism the fedex driver has, None!!!🤬
I'm pretty sure if the delivery was for someone in his immediate family, he would not like getting snickered at.
Let's hope when he's elderly he doesn't have to wear diapers.

Last edited:
Jorelaxed said:
Oh man Bearcatz, That shows the level of maturity and professionalism the fedex driver has, None!!!🤬
I'm pretty sure if the delivery was for someone in his immediate family, he would not like getting snickered at.
Let's hope when he's elderly he doesn't have to wear diapers.
Meh... my deck is probably bigger than the apartment I assume he lives in lol.

That does make me recall another delivery lady. She has definitely delivered diapers in obvious boxes before and asked me one time if I was in the military at some point. I definitely don't look anywhere near fit enough to be in the military, but maybe she thought around my age... good chance I could have gone to Iraq or something and got injured somehow.

Reactions: DLJosie and Jorelaxed
I used to care, and I don't at all any more. As I often say, I don't seek to advertise, but if someone finds out, it's all good. With the few people who know, I say to them that I'm glad if I have to have a medical condition, it's nice to have one that I can manage with underwear instead of pills :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed and DLJosie
Phoenix0 said:
I know alot of you will have experienced this at some point in time, wether its the confused cashier at Walmart or the embarressed delivery driver.
How do you deal with it, especially if its always the same person?
Honestly I am honest about my health condition. I have both bladder and bowel incontinence and have pooped myself in the store making it really difficult to hide because of the odor. That is just part of living with nerve damage.

Reactions: DLJosie
I love buying nappies in a store. It’s part of the thrill.

The cashiers don’t bat an eyelid. They’ve seen it all before.

• Love
Reactions: DLJosie, Aspie69 and claire123
I had a cashier ask me about my purchase once. I simply told her they were for me and it turned out that she wore them too!

So, if you feel embarrassment, just block it out.

Reactions: dlboylife, DLJosie, PaddedRita and 1 other person
Aspie69 said:
I had a cashier ask me about my purchase once. I simply told her they were for me and it turned out that she wore them too!

So, if you feel embarrassment, just block it out.
Oh wow. What an unexpected conversation that turned out to be!

Reactions: Aspie69 and DLJosie
I find online ordering has helped me a lot, the two incontinence stores I order from have very discreet shipping. I've heard some bad things about Amazon shipping in this regard but have not had any bad luck with them either.
I am encouraged to see the incontinence aisles at all pharmacies growing every year, we are NOT alone. As the population ages this issue is VERY common even if not talked about more like it should be.

Reactions: DLJosie
Anything delivered at home is no big deal even when its uncovered, however buy bras and panties in a store, they know its for you and your dressed as a male still make me queasy. lol Doesn't stop me, just makes me queasy, lol My post lady delivers my wig catalogs, medical supplies, female clothes catalogs so she knows Im beautiful.

Reactions: DLJosie and Angelapinks
its always been when im in a shop wether it be pantys or nappies i always get embarresed but still buy from the shop but im not embarresed about going out in public wearing a nappie as underwear though even when its full and noticable xxx

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and BabyLouise
I enjoy buying in person at medical supply stores. I like talking with the people working there because usually they are interested in helping you find the best product. My usual one I go to I know the one lady clerk well and she always asks me if the diapers are working well and will give me free samples for others. I find that if you act confident it will help things be less awkward for you and whoever is ringing up your purchase

Reactions: Abnalover, sport1 and Angelapinks
LilRy99 said:
I enjoy buying in person at medical supply stores. I like talking with the people working there because usually they are interested in helping you find the best product. My usual one I go to I know the one lady clerk well and she always asks me if the diapers are working well and will give me free samples for others. I find that if you act confident it will help things be less awkward for you and whoever is ringing up your purchase
I also buy in medical store nearby.
At first I was also embarrassed
But I really needed help to find a better protection. They did help without judging me. Also what I like is that they don't look at me like if I were a retarded person.
Don't like to discuss my need for protections (except in this forum 😅). But in this store they see me as a normal person. Since they convinced me to try pull-ups instead of only big pads my life is easier. I'm more confortable, more secure and my skin feels better.

So I'm not embarrassed anymore. I Even ask for advice when required (choose more absorbant items for traveling or sleeping out of home, more discrete protections for a potential date...).

Last edited:
Reactions: LilRy99 and Angelapinks
Right after my injury, it was the first time I had to buy diapers, I was at a walmart, went to the pharmacy and grabbed a bag of six tape Attends in the blue/white poly bag.
I was using an adult walker to move around.

Last edited:
Back