The cost of incontinence

SparkyDog

Full Time U-IC DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
So this is what I go through every 6 weeks....
Abena L4
5 cases 180 diapers $400 Canadian on amazon (about 3200 a year)
Saves me about 35 dollars every 6 weeks ordering on amazon vs local medical supply stores (who frequently are out)
not massive savings but every bit helps
20221001_192909.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: checkingoutall, ChrisK, KrankyPants and 7 others
At first my reaction was "FIVE cases every SIX weeks?!" But then I remembered that Abena L4 cases come in 3 bags of 12. And like you said that is 180 diapers. I am 24/7 too, and I wear pin-on cloth diapers to bed just about every night (unless I'm traveling). I wear BetterDry, which come in cases of 4 bags of 15 diapers, and I only order 2 cases for every four weeks. So rough math, I basically go through 3 cases of BetterDry every six weeks, for a total of...... 180 diapers... lol. So I actually go through just about as many diapers as you do. Math is fun. :p

Reactions: Diprs2, checkingoutall, KrankyPants and 5 others
jaredc3 said:
At first my reaction was "FIVE cases every SIX weeks?!" But then I remembered that Abena L4 cases come in 3 bags of 12. And like you said that is 180 diapers. I am 24/7 too, and I wear pin-on cloth diapers to bed just about every night (unless I'm traveling). I wear BetterDry, which come in cases of 4 bags of 15 diapers, and I only order 2 cases for every four weeks. So rough math, I basically go through 3 cases of BetterDry every six weeks, for a total of...... 180 diapers... lol. So I actually go through just about as many diapers as you do. Math is fun. :p
Haha yea thick diapers take a lot of room
never tried better dry they are stupid expensive here...

Reactions: Diprs2, checkingoutall, uknappygirl and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
Haha yea thick diapers take a lot of room
never tried better dry they are stupid expensive here...

Crinklz are the exact same thing if they’re better priced.

Reactions: Diprs2, uknappygirl, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
LittleMonsterUK said:
Crinklz are the exact same thing if they’re better priced.
Yeah, I've tried both, and can confirm they are the same diaper just with prints/patterns on the shell. Every place I've looked, though, Crinklz are more expensive than BetterDry for the premium aesthetic :)

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Woncrinklz and SparkyDog
jaredc3 said:
Yeah, I've tried both, and can confirm they are the same diaper just with prints/patterns on the shell. Every place I've looked, though, Crinklz are more expensive than BetterDry for the premium aesthetic :)

Wow! They’re actually cheaper for me in the UK well that and mostly betterdry is out of stock but even then it’s only a couple pounds extra like 15 for better and 16.79 for crinklz it’s definitely worth it for the print if you’re into it. I certainly am!

Reactions: Diprs2, Woncrinklz and SparkyDog
Crinklz and Better Dry are equivalent in price on Amazon. Both are a little over $50 for a pack of 12. Two packs would not even get me through a month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
ReluctantAdult said:
Crinklz and Better Dry are equivalent in price on Amazon. Both are a little over $50 for a pack of 12. Two packs would not even get me through a month.

12!!!??? DONT THEY COME IN 15!? for me 60 Crinklz cost me £64

LittleMonsterUK said:
My Abena L4 are 12 per pack
26 a pack Canadian that's about 19USD 16 pounds or 20 euro

Reactions: Diprs2 and ReluctantAdult
ReluctantAdult said:
a pack of better dry on Canadian Amazon is 126

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and ReluctantAdult
SparkyDog said:
a pack of better dry on Canadian Amazon is 126

Yeah it’s fucked depends on where you’re from bambinos have a lovely $200 delivery charge to the UK 😂

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and Woncrinklz
LittleMonsterUK said:
I stand corrected. The pack is 15.

ReluctantAdult said:
I stand corrected. The pack is 15.

Okay was going to say if they cut that number now I’d be devastated but the price is still stupid work out around $20 a pack for me but I’m in the UK so less import costs.

So that is about $3.46 USD per diaper. A Bambino pack of 8 is about $3.88 per diaper. A 12 pack of Rearz runs about $3.75 per diaper.

ReluctantAdult said:
So that is about $3.46 USD per diaper. A Bambino pack of 8 is about $3.88 per diaper. A 12 pack of Rearz runs about $3.75 per diaper.
For me Abena works out to 2.20 cdn a diaper

Reactions: ReluctantAdult
SparkyDog said:
For me Abena works out to 2.20 cdn a diaper
For the L4 I am coming up with 2.84 CAD per diaper. So far Abena has been the most affordable option that I have found among diapers that can hold up to heavy use.

I remember back in the X-Plus days, Abena was the diaper that people paid top dollar for in North America. I never did get to experience that diaper.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
LittleMonsterUK said:
Okay was going to say if they cut that number now I’d be devastated but the price is still stupid work out around $20 a pack for me but I’m in the UK so less import costs.
So the Better Drys we’re about that price for a pack of 12, making Crinklz a better deal.

ReluctantAdult said:
For the L4 I am coming up with 2.84 CAD per diaper. So far Abena has been the most affordable option that I have found among diapers that can hold up to heavy use.

I remember back in the X-Plus days, Abena was the diaper that people paid top dollar for in North America. I never did get to experience that diaper.
I am a big fan of them.
They used to be cheaper couple years ago could get a case for 60 been 80 for like 3 years now
1 small perk they are considered an essential item / medical need
no tax on them

Reactions: ReluctantAdult
i recently took advantage of a deal since i go through so many diapers i got an auto restock from bambinos where i get 10% off and every 6th shipment is free even though the paid shipments are just shy of $500 every 2 months

Reactions: SparkyDog
SparkyDog said:
So this is what I go through every 6 weeks....
Abena L4
5 cases 180 diapers $400 Canadian on amazon (about 3200 a year)
Saves me about 35 dollars every 6 weeks ordering on amazon vs local medical supply stores (who frequently are out)
not massive savings but every bit helps
View attachment 89404
I frequently say that insurance (Medicaid) is saving me hundreds of dollars a months (the IC stuff alone would surely be around 200$)

Reactions: SparkyDog
Back