Tena Pull-ups cause itching?

Ellyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Good morning all!
I recently had an occasion to wear a form fitting dress to a semi-formal event and couldn’t wear a more bulky disposable or cloth diaper. I had run out of my Northshore pull-ups so I picked up a package of Tena ‘Overnight’ pull-ups from CVS, which I have worn from time to time in the past. Given that drug store pull-ups don’t hold a whole lot, I was trying to not flood, but that’s always a gamble for me…. Anyway, after a few small settings, I felt the urge to change but more importantly, I realized that I had developed a severe itch in the area. After changing, I felt relief from itching until I became damp again, at which time I changed again, mostly because of the itch…. Later that evening after arriving home, I got back into my normal overnight cloth diaper set and was fine that night and have been ever since while wearing cloth, day and night. I did wear a Supreme for several hours recently and didn’t experience any itching but switched to a Tena pull-up as a test and again, had severe itching!
Has anyone else had itching in the diaper area while wearing a damp Tena pull-up? I’m obviously allergic to something in the pull-up.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, moorey, Edgewater and 1 other person
I haven't tested Tena overnight pull-ups but interestingly an other member mentioned rashes with Tena pull-ups recently.

Reactions: DreamerBenenedicte, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Ooh, would definitely avoid anything that's causing you a reaction! Been fortunate enough to avoid issues with any diapers I've had, but as you've proven, our bodies are sensitive to things sometimes and best to avoid the irritant!

Have you considered contacting the manufacturer? They may not be aware / might give you a coupon to replace the bag?

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
I don't know if these are the same Tena Pants we have here in the UK but when they changed the design about 10 years ago (maybe more) the pants definitely got slimmer but I did notice an itch, even when they were dry. I guess they added chemicals to the product, maybe to neutralise odours. However, I know a lady who uses them who says she can't use anything else because of contact dermatitis (I offered her the medium sized BetterDry nappies I'd had delivered by mistake), so maybe they affect some people differently from others.

Yes, I have the same problem. They need to be a little damp to stop the problem

• Thinking
Richard101 said:
Yes, I have the same problem. They need to be a little damp to stop the problem
I wonder if whatever technique they're using in manufacturing leaves stiff and sharp fibers which cause micro punctures in the skin, but soften with moisture.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I don't think the Tena overnight pull ups keep your skin dry enough, I have used the same pull ups and had the same issue so it's not just you. Shame too, otherwise I like the fit/feel of Tena pull ups.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Pretty sure I had this issue with them too.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
I wondered if they dry the skin out too much until they get damp

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, KenworthW900b and 1 other person
Richard101 said:
I wondered if they dry the skin out too much until they get damp
Definitely something to ponder.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Some very well consisted evaluations of the issues that Tena, overnight pull-ups have. Chemistry, both Human.and products that come in contact with our skin can and do have minor to horrible reactions.

I fully agree that if one develops a reaction, it should be reported to the seller /manufacturer as minor changes can cause serious effects.

Reactions: Diprs2, KenworthW900b, Subtlerustle and 2 others
Is it possibly a reaction to the glue or chemicals that Tena uses?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Ellyn said:
Has anyone else had itching in the diaper area while wearing a damp Tena pull-up? I’m obviously allergic to something in the pull-up.
I daily wear Tena Ultimate Extra and sometimes their Overnight with no itching issues. But it sounds like some folks might have an issue with that.

I have use the ones for men in the past and they was not itchy or nothing. It has been a good 5 years ago and the just setting in my diapers closet now. If I wear a pull up now it is only Seni. They are the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Amazon prime has them at good prices too. Seni booster are mega great boosters better than most any other I have used and they are dirt cheap for what you get. The pull ups come in all different levels, I buy the super plus and that is my wife's everyday protection too. We like Seni, I just wish they made a plastic back diaper. But they are of quality and riced very well. I love NS Mega max and their customer service is next to none & they have good pullups so it hurts me to say but I would choose the Seni underwear and boosters over them or any other brand.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
Ellyn said:
Good morning all!
I recently had an occasion to wear a form fitting dress to a semi-formal event and couldn’t wear a more bulky disposable or cloth diaper. I had run out of my Northshore pull-ups so I picked up a package of Tena ‘Overnight’ pull-ups from CVS, which I have worn from time to time in the past. Given that drug store pull-ups don’t hold a whole lot, I was trying to not flood, but that’s always a gamble for me…. Anyway, after a few small settings, I felt the urge to change but more importantly, I realized that I had developed a severe itch in the area. After changing, I felt relief from itching until I became damp again, at which time I changed again, mostly because of the itch…. Later that evening after arriving home, I got back into my normal overnight cloth diaper set and was fine that night and have been ever since while wearing cloth, day and night. I did wear a Supreme for several hours recently and didn’t experience any itching but switched to a Tena pull-up as a test and again, had severe itching!
Hi!

Sorry you had itching issues during your formal event. I know how uncomfortable it is remain around people, smiling and talking. When in fact the only thing that you can think of is the itching and the state of your protection 🫤

About the Tena Pull Ups, I believe that US and European products are totally different. In Europe I can't complain with absorption. I do have regular mild itching. But to be fair, other brands are not doing better with my skin. I probably should use more cream and maybe try to find a way for a better cleaning when changing outside of home.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
Back