TENA ProSkin™ Super/Utra Briefs for Daytime?

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Does anyone find TENA ProSkin™ Super Briefs comfortable for daytime wear? I wear these overnight and they're fine in bed. But I can't imagine myself wearing these throughout an active day. Is this a general characteristic for most cloth backed briefs?

I've worn several kinds of plastic backs like Tranquility ATN, Slimline, NS Megamax, BetterDry and even the Forsite AM/PM during the day and they snug and fit well. But the Tena Super briefs just seem loose fitting after a while. It seems that you need the plastic shell to maintain a snug fit.

So I'm probably in a minority here, but I honestly don't do well with "regular" 4-point diapers. I'm on the road quite a bit and it's just like you say - the elastics wear out, more over the „normal“ diapers also restrict the movement somehow. I prefer the cloth backed ones and don't think much of the "plastic bags" at all, because I sweat way too much in them - even though the elasics might not wear out quite as much.

For me work best diapers with waist belt. I am during the day always with Attends Adjustable on the road - but Tena, or Attends Flex also do their job. You just can't pull them down on the toilet as easily as Adjustable.

However, I always wear a normal underpants to fix over it - so the wear out of the elastics does not bother as much.

I do have the TENA Flex and use them from time to time in place of my usual pull-up. These are ok for urinary protection but I fear that I need to begin protecting against fecal accidents, for which the Flex is unsuitable with its open hips. I agree about the heat of plastic and I don't like the way that moisture is locked in for the entire wear. But the loose fitting of the cloth backed bothers me more I think.

Back