Tapes on disposable diapers

CPDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Anyone have trouble with clothes or bedding messing up the tapes on disposable diapers? What can I do to prevent this?

Reactions: KrankyPants
Sometimes.

If it happens to me, I fix it with heavy duty packing tape.

To help prevent it, I wear panties, a onesie or regular underwear over my diaper. This keeps the tapes from catching in my outer clothes and bedding.

Note that I don't do this all the time, it depends on circumstances and the type of diaper I am wearing.

Reactions: KrankyPants
Duct tape can solve any tape issues in my experience.

i occasionally have issues with this when sleeping in just a diaper, but i usually have something fairly form fitting over my diaper. a nice diaper cover may help.

CPDude said:
Anyone have trouble with clothes or bedding messing up the tapes on disposable diapers? What can I do to prevent this?
I used to suffer with this, then I discovered onesies! The transformed my nappied sleep. As well as stopping tapes catching they prevent sagging and keep your padding in place.

I was slightly against them at first as I normally sleep naked (nappy aside!) but quickly came round to the idea as it improved the padded element of my sleep so much.

Try them :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CLPP and DiaperVapor
I've got this headache frequently while fastening the tabs too tight - especially with medium-sized sposies.

😠 I hate when that happens. I started wearing those nice, comfy, sporty basketball shorts over my diaper when I'm around the house and going to bed. My diapers have hook and loop tabs, and so far they have not gotten hitched into the shorts fabric. 😊 Before, they would sometimes hitch onto my blankie. 😶

Last edited:
I always wear compression shorts over my diapers. They really help hold it in place, offer support, and keep the tapes from being affected. I have a problem of often pulling off one of the tapes. So the packing tape is always handy!

CPDude said:
I've found that the gorilla glue double sided tape works really well. I put it where the tape normally is and use it to make the tapes extra secure, and the tape is only a few dollars and works really well

Back