Swim diaper question

Sgdlboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
For swim diapers ( reusable ) do a person wear a normal diaper under the swim diaper or just wear the swim diaper directly , im thinking of getting a swim diaper but not sure how to put on so to speak .

Sgdlboy said:
Para los pañales de natación (reutilizables), ¿una persona usa un pañal normal debajo del pañal de natación o simplemente usa el pañal de natación directamente? Estoy pensando en conseguir un pañal de natación pero no estoy seguro de cómo ponerlo, por así decirlo.
As far as I know, water diapers are type pull ups, they are like that of a brief.

I've never used a swim diaper myself but would like to try it for the experience.

From what I've gathered, swim diapers are really only meant to contain solid messy accidents, not pee accidents. So it sounds like only wearing the swim diaper with nothing underneath is the way to wear one. And that it lets any moisture out into the water to be washed away/treated by the chlorine while preventing messy accidents from contaminating the water.

However as I said I haven't used them myself and there might be a difference between disposable and reusable ones. But I'm guessing since all swim diapers are gonna be fully submerged in water, when they're made there's no attempt to have them handle wet accidents and that they're meant to be used on their own without any additional diapers under neath.

Reactions: Sheepies
Both disposable and reusable swim diapers are the same. They're really only intended to contain bowel accidents, and do so by making a seal around the legs and waist. Wearing another diaper underneath the swim diaper would defeat the purpose.

Reactions: satinbottom and KrankyPants
Aquaris233 said:
I haven't really had luck in finding any of these for myself. Can somebody give me a few links to see what is out there?

Those are what I have got. I've used them a few times and they've worked perfectly.

I have one of these.

They are a tight fit but that's on purpose. I haven't actually gone swimming in it but I have tried it in the shower. For the most part it does keep things sealed up but if submerged I think it would leak something. As mentioned I think you could count on them to hold solid waste pretty well.

I also have a latex diaper cover like this.

Rather difficult to get into however this will seal up nice and tight over a diaper. This would probably survive being submerged. Beware though difficult to put in and take off. I lost some hair on my legs. 😳 😫

Last edited:
Reactions: KnappFlannel
Aquaris233 said:
I haven't really had luck in finding any of these for myself. Can somebody give me a few links to see what is out there?
I second Lain on SOSecure swim diaper. If you do a search for the name, their website should come up, and just make sure you get the correct rise as well based on your body measurements. They are intended to fit at the "jeans" level waist and need to be tight around the legs for containment. I have a perfect, secure fit with the Youth XL.

Be care fo with the SOSecure. I gave away one to someone here because their sizing is WAY Off. You probably have to go up a size.

You NEVER want to put a (regular) disposable diaper on in the pool NO MATTER WHAT you have over it. It's only a matter of time before the thing takes on water, swells up, becomes at best an anchor and at worst leaking sap and feces all over the place.

Reactions: LainIsLain
willnotwill said:
Be care fo with the SOSecure. I gave away one to someone here because their sizing is WAY Off. You probably have to go up a size.

You NEVER want to put a (regular) disposable diaper on in the pool NO MATTER WHAT you have over it. It's only a matter of time before the thing takes on water, swells up, becomes at best an anchor and at worst leaking sap and feces all over the place.
This sounds logical. I'm not incontinent so my experience with these products are limited and I've never been submerged in one.

I guess you could think of it like this. How hard would it be to have a shammy cloth wrapped around your waist and ensure it stayed perfectly dry when submerged. This is a difficult proposition especially if your moving around. The idea is to keep stuff in but not necessarily to absorb them. Just keep them contained for later consideration.

A diaper will absorb ALL the liquid it can until it's saturated. This could become an issue if careful planning isn't done.

Thanks all for the replies , i've seen a few where some would wear a disposable diaper under the swim diaper , i know for like swim mates its like a pull up and you need not wear anything over it except swimming shorts etc . Still kinda confused if one were to wear a diaper over the swim diaper.

Sgdlboy said:
Still kinda confused if one were to wear a diaper over the swim diaper.
The only time a regular diaper mixes with a swim diaper is for kink/fetish reasons. If you're using a swim diaper for real need, then you'd have just the swim diaper on and then a swimsuit over top to hide it a little bit.

irnub said:
Both disposable and reusable swim diapers are the same. They're really only intended to contain bowel accidents, and do so by making a seal around the legs and waist. Wearing another diaper underneath the swim diaper would defeat the purpose.
Yes and no. The primary usage of swim diapers are bowel containment, BUT swim mates are made to hold a small amount of urine. Why is this important? Well, if I want to sit pool side, I need protection but still want to jump in the pool. I usually wear a SwimMate, and stick either a good booster or poise pad in it. Although I just bought the new Always Zzz pull ups. they are made and marketed as period underwear... but they are a better pull up than most bladder control ones. Wore one last night without going in the pool. I was floored with how good a diaper they are. My wife said she liked them on me because they are better fitting and black. Today I am trying them in my pool. They swell a bit but not noticeable under men’s swim costumes

Sgdlboy said:
Gracias a todos por las respuestas, he visto algunas en las que algunos usarían un pañal desechable debajo del pañal de natación, sé que para los compañeros de natación es como un pull up y no es necesario usar nada encima, excepto pantalones cortos de natación, etc. Todavía un poco confundido si uno tuviera que usar un pañal sobre el pañal de natación.
Try huggies little swimmers

Back