Super supportive partner, still awkward.

Jbdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
So Im realizing that even though my partner is completely supportive to the point of enthusiastically changing my diaper, being the 'top' and giving me her hand me down lingerie, I still feel sortof awkward or a little bit silly getting all casually girlied up with her around... No problem when im alone, so even though I would love to be rocking my fave tiny skirt and black lacy matching unmentionables while I vaccumed, I still feel a hair awkward enough to offset the good vibes of dressing/acting super femmy when its not an intimate situation.

Anyone else get that? Im sure I'm on the cusp of getting past it but theres just a stubborn vestige of psychological resistance. Im sure it'll come up and hash out in conversation before too long but still

Reactions: Diapercutie, Deleted member 57387, Kayleigh and 7 others
I think the possible reason why is because it is something sacred to you. If someone shares too much, even when entirely supportive and wonderful about it, it can kinda take your personal thrill away.
I may be wrong, but your private time is sacred. Trust your heart in this. Everyone obviously is so many different ways, but what we inside create for our realities is a thing sometimes we can only enjoy when alone and having our "private party". I understand this because I have had a similar situation where I actually lost interest in my silly personal "conquerings". I kinda lost heart when sharing it with someone who played along with me. The "kick" was kinda fizzled-out. I didn't get the rush anymore. Maybe you understand me? :unsure:🤭

• Thinking
Reactions: sbmccue, Deleted member 57387, Kayleigh and 2 others
The more you do it, the easier it will get. You are very lucky to have a supportive woman. The only thing stopping you from having a good time is you.

Reactions: Diapercutie, LittleBabyJake, Deleted member 57387 and 3 others
If you're baring your deepest secrets to anyone, even the person you love the most, it will be natural that you feel more exposed and vulnerable.
This takes a huge amount of trust, and you may feel emotionally 'naked' after doing so.

It's good that you have someone you trust that you can be so open with about this - but part of your brain is rebelling against this as a result, as a form of self-defense.

Best thing to do is just keep communicating with your partner about this - don't shut them out, however tempting it may be.
Nothing you can't handle if you face it together.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, Tommy10, legojoker88 and 1 other person
Jbdl said:
I still feel sort of awkward or a little bit silly getting all casually girlied up.
I purchased a pink camisole with a bow on its front at a low neckline. Unfortunately, I do not have any other sleeveless shirts or any with a low neckline, so I feel not like a girl but naked. Nevertheless, I keep looking down at the bow only to convince myself I am still wearing a camisole.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and Kittyinpink
Jbdl said:
So Im realizing that even though my partner is completely supportive to the point of enthusiastically changing my diaper, being the 'top' and giving me her hand me down lingerie, I still feel sortof awkward or a little bit silly getting all casually girlied up with her around... No problem when im alone, so even though I would love to be rocking my fave tiny skirt and black lacy matching unmentionables while I vaccumed, I still feel a hair awkward enough to offset the good vibes of dressing/acting super femmy when its not an intimate situation.

Anyone else get that? Im sure I'm on the cusp of getting past it but theres just a stubborn vestige of psychological resistance. Im sure it'll come up and hash out in conversation before too long but still
I can understand maybe what you are feeling I don't have the supportive wife you have in this but if she would I think I may have reservations . Deep down I would love to have it, but I think I would feel embarrassment, shame ,feel foolish, or I don't know what else. being exposed may bring out some emotions I may not know how to deal with. I am happy for you and hope you can work through it all and enjoy yourself with your partner and you both can grow your relationship.

Reactions: Kayleigh, GatoChihuahua and Traveller
Jbdl said:

It is a dynamic that I have experienced (and partially that I still experience) myself. I think it depends on the fact that having a good relationship with being a sissy baby, does not automatically mean being able to experience it with a high degree of sharing. I mean, being sissy with your partner means being seen, "felt", by her. And this is quite a different thing from seeing and perceiving oneself.

Reactions: Traveller
My wife is supportive of me wearing diapers but I’ve decided to limit myself to dry-wearing discrete pull-ups around her. I don’t want to push the limits or my luck on this topic and I have plenty of opportunity to wear and wet diapers when she’s not around so I do that.

Has she come home to me working in a wet diaper? Plenty of times but I’m not going to go soaking my diaper while I’m going around with her or wear in a situation where her friends might discover that wear them.

I’m just incredibly lucky to have her accept me for me but I know that despite that acceptance, I’d feel awkward or ridiculous skipping the bathroom to pee my diaper when I’m around her. If I’m ever in a real situation where that happens then that’s a different story but I’m not engineering those situations by skipping the bathroom before we leave on a drive or something ya know?

Reactions: baradetta, GatoChihuahua and BabyprinceS
Jbdl:
I can totally relate to how you feel. My situation is very different as my wife does not like my diapers and she really despises anything feminine on me.
Once a year as a birthday present from her I spend the day in just a t-shirt and a diaper. Even though she knows and I know that I will be wearing my diapers out, I feel a bit embarrassed, a bit foolish and uncomfortable. Dinotopian described it as feeling vulnerable and exposed.
Perhaps some things are best not shared, as some have commented.
I may never figure out how to share this and not feel uncomfortable, but I can say that I understand your misgivings and wish you luck in figuring it out.

Reactions: stuckin60s
^^^^ what a great group.... all very well thought out, compassionate replies!

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and DLYUL
I hear yah! My wife knows about my DL-ness(?) but I've only ever wore washable training pants in front of her. She knows I have some abdl diapers in the closet, but I yet to have the courage to bring it up and wear in front of her as I know it's not her thing, and I'm afraid of pushing it. For now, I just wear when she isn't home.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
I feel the same way about wearing a diaper. I think its my self hatred for not fitting into the Christian norm. Maybe it's the same with you? Where you raised in a religious house hold?

Jbdl said:

You mentioned a possible awkward situation. Waking up and just talking, we start fooling around and she moved to reach for me down there and I am still diapered from the night. Awkward trying to stay in the mood as she untaped my diaper.

Reactions: joemama
Lumos said:
I hear yah! My wife knows about my DL-ness(?) but I've only ever wore washable training pants in front of her. She knows I have some abdl diapers in the closet, but I yet to have the courage to bring it up and wear in front of her as I know it's not her thing, and I'm afraid of pushing it. For now, I just wear when she isn't home.
I am heavely concerned that if she did not diaper me before bed, I would wet the bed.

Back