Still not facing the grim reality

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Tonight I had to take a "support call" for my past employer, working from home. I was still wearing my male guard, which is just for safety on most days. But I find that when I'm troubleshooting at the terminal, I tend to urge when I least expect it. Tonight I exceeded my guard and peed my pants. Ug. I keep thinking I am still in control. But events like this remind me that I have to manage my incontinence at all times!

Do you find that you urge when you're concentrating on something? Normally in the day time, I can feel it coming.

Reactions: Pino, tempestcd, JulestheFloof and 2 others
It's good you usually feel it
I don't always feel so it's diaper 24-7
I don't think my body cares if I'm busy or bored it voids when it wants to

Reactions: Joeysms and Diprs2
Yes, sometimes I get so wrapped up in what I am doinģ I forget my bladder and the warning signals it is sending me resulting in the inevitable !
Inside the house I can usually get to the toilet in time but outside any more than about half a minute away I have no chance so tend to just ignore it all until I can feel my Nappy starting to leak.

Reactions: Lethdale
i am in diapers 24/7 so it doesn't matter what i am doing i wet regardless. depending on the situation and activity i judge what style diaper i will need (medium to heavy). what i have noticed is the big effect on how much i wet depends on my stress and anxiety level. when i am stressed nervous and anxious i wet a lot more and it can be like crazy. with work i don't have to worry being in a diaper keeps me focused on task and productive.

slimjiminy said:
Tonight I had to take a "support call" for my past employer, working from home. I was still wearing my male guard, which is just for safety on most days. But I find that when I'm troubleshooting at the terminal, I tend to urge when I least expect it. Tonight I exceeded my guard and peed my pants. Ug. I keep thinking I am still in control. But events like this remind me that I have to manage my incontinence at all times!

Do you find that you urge when you're concentrating on something? Normally in the day time, I can feel it coming.
Sometimes at work when I have to complete something before I can get away to the restroom I will feel the urge coming on and don't have much time before I have to pee. I use a Goodnites XL or a size 8 Pampers as a stuffer inside my snug tighty-whities for protection until I can get to the restroom. I still have some control and either of these 2 products have been "just right" for my needs. For me, that's just part of life right now.

Reactions: JulestheFloof
My incontinence takes me by surprise, since it's still so new. Anytime I laugh hard or sneeze, and my bladder isn't recently emptied, it will gush. My partner and I tend to shoot the shit most evenings, and it ends up happening a lot from laughter. I had a very humbling experience last week, we were laughing so hard about a ridiculous voicemail he left me that I forgot about. I listened it to it, and literally peed my pants.

I was lucky, as I was wearing a pad for my period (and I only wear those at night. they are not my favorite thing by a long mile, lol) and it caught very nearly all of it. I scrambled to the bathroom and changed right away. Was not pleased, but it could have been so much worse, since I'm not at the stage of wearing diapers for protection yet, and only indulge for ABDL purposes. I'm going to have to face that reality soon, and it feels so odd. I enjoy wearing diapers by choice, but using them for protection feels like an all-new mentality for me. I can't say I'm too thrilled, tbh. I love all of my panties, and I'm not ready to give them up yet.

Yes definitely. If I am distracted, the urgency creeps up and I experience severe urgency with little time to hold it when that happens. If I am not distracted, I notice the urgency sooner and its less of a surprise

I have urge problems at the most unpredictable times but yes, typically if I'm nervous. I actually worked that into my Hidden Valley story as it happened to my protagonist. I do think that stress or nervousness exacerbates urge incontinence.

My urges are unforeseeable. Since now two years I try to find out some logical patterns to figure out under which circumstances urges come up; believe me or not, in my experience there simply dp not exist logical patterns!
I chosed to wear proper protection all the time, I never know when and how strong urges hit - better being prepared than sorry! A thicker protection is usually not visible, wet pants are ...

Reactions: Lethdale and Pino
There are some days i think it is not that bad at all and maybe i could go out without any protection. Perhaps that would work from time to time, but than on other days my bladder just empties or the urge is suddenly very strong out of nowhere.
There is a relation between my back pain and the risk of an accident, but this is not a way to handle it. Since that time i just wanted to get a letter into the post, maybe 10 minutes outside and i peed my pants on the way back home because i thought that short time is not problem, i do wear every time i leave the house. Often without real need these days, but i never know.

Last edited:
slimjiminy said:
Tonight ... Do you find that you urge when you're concentrating on something? Normally in the day time, I can feel it coming.
Way back when, yes. If I was seriously concentrating on something or some task, then the urge might hit like a rocket with virtually no time to do anything about it. Now? Well, things just flow. Still get the *urge* every now and then (rare), but there is no point in suppressing it.

Back