Starting into a heavy/accident prone phase again. Thinking of giving up.

BLtheDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I’ve been dealing with innocents issues for the better part of 20 years(urge, stress, OAB, bedwetting). Mostly bedwetting, but the past 10ish have been on and off daytime. I’ve seen docs, and urologists, they can’t find anything wrong. Going to get checked out again after I get my recent surgery bill, but regardless what they say, I’m giving up. I’ve been in diapers 24/7 for the past week, gave up on the pull-ups. I’m sick of the stress of going to the bathroom every 20 min for a couple of drops. It effects my job, and adds stress. Since wearing 24/7, my stress is down to the point where my coworkers actually noticed a difference in me for the better. It will be tight for now, but I can afford it. Different diapers for different occasions, I hope three cases of different diapers will work for at least two months.

Ok, end rant, thanks for reading, need to go change.

Reactions: Diprs2 and (deleted member)
Sounds like a reasonable decision. Do the Drs not want you to go 24/7? I wouldn’t call it giving up, rather dealing with the situation pragmatically.

Reactions: Diprs2, BLtheDL and GatoChihuahua
Sorry to hear that your OAB is playing up and causing you trouble.
I have, (mostly for mild bowel incontinence), been wearing nappies full time now for a few years. Most of the time I forget what protection I am wearing, until there is an issue when I do not make it to a toilet in time and then I am very thankful that I always have nappies on, reducing the stress of discovery in public.
Today I am comfortable with my new normal.
If your condition does not improve, I hope you will soon also be at peace with full time protection.

Reactions: Diprs2, BLtheDL and GatoChihuahua
I feel your pain. It's a tough call to make, but going into diapers 24/7 turned out to be the right choice for me.
I still have some bladder control left but it fluctuates wildly due to chronic nerve damage. So it's just not worth the hassle.
It took me a while to get used to it, but it helped me feel more relaxed, as I didn't have to worry about running to the bathroom every 20 minutes or get scared about leaky pull-ups. Diapers are also easier to change because you don't have to take off your pants - and you don't have to do it as often because they'll hold more.

It's a question of perception and mindset. You can either see your diapers as something which is a barrier which holds you back, or something to take you forward, as you don't have to worry about your leaks and you can carry on with your life.

Best of luck. I hope this helps you find some peace and confidence.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Diprs2 and BLtheDL
Thanks everyone for the support. I’m already comfortable in my diapers, been wearing for bedwetting better part of 20 years. And during the day for long periods out and about, and car trips. I had to wear 24/7 for a little over three months back in 2015. Been wearing pull-ups during the day for the past year and a half, they work, but my job sometimes doesn’t always allow bathroom breaks every 20min(I’m a chef). Tough part is how to tell my family, my mom knows of my issues, but bro and sis have no clue. We are always up front with each other about our health, but I’ve kept them in the dark about my need of diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2 and (deleted member)
Back