Sometimes I think I'm the only one

DiaperedPete

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Sometimes I think I'm the only person who still regards sissies as boys/men turned girly/frilly, but there remained little doubt that the Sissy is male, and that he has been feminized. Where as most people today look at sissies as hyper sexual transgendered women (men, I'm not sure the proper term is here) with their male genitalia intact. It used to be that Sissies were people like Richard Simmons or that boy from the Berries and Cream commercial, and that is certainly not the case anymore, mostly. I think I preferred it the older way. This new revised naming scheme blurs too many boundaries, IMO. Or am I just very confused?

Last edited:
Reactions: rbm and TaylorThelop
There is a difference here.
Someone's gender identity has nothing to do with if they are a sissy or not. I for example identify as gender fluid. I'm biologically male but I dress and look mostly feminine. That includes in little space.
I'm not trans, I've very much male but I'm very open about my gender identity.
I do however like to sometimes be a sissy when I'm little, this is a separate thing to my gender fluidity.

It's complicated I know, all this gender stuff has only started becoming well known or recognised in recent years, it's always been there we just didn't have a term for it like we do now.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce, DiaperedPete and rbm
TylerThelop said:
There is a difference here.
Someone's gender identity has nothing to do with if they are a sissy or not. I for example identify as gender fluid. I'm biologically male but I dress and look mostly feminine. That includes in little space.
I'm not trans, I've very much male but I'm very open about my gender identity.
I do however like to sometimes be a sissy when I'm little, this is a separate thing to my gender fluidity.

It's complicated I know, all this gender stuff has only started becoming well known or recognised in recent years, it's always been there we just didn't have a term for it like we do now.
If I may ask out of curiousity, and feel free to PM an answer if you prefer, but how would you define the word Sissy to me? What is a Sissy in your mind? Thank you for indulging my curiosity.

DiaperedPete said:
If I may ask out of curiousity, and feel free to PM an answer if you prefer, but how would you define the word Sissy to me? What is a Sissy in your mind? Thank you for indulging my curiosity.
So to me I see a sissy as someone that goes super over the top with the typical girly stuff. Usually on off occasions, not presenting this way. A sissy can be biologically male or female. The sort of all pink, frilly, satin things like that. That's just my interpretation though, honestly I think that the term is pretty open.
What it doesn't describe though is someone nonbinary or Trans. When you say about most people describing hyper sexual trans people, honestly that sounds more like a drag queen than a sissy and actually calling a trans person a sissy could come across as being a bit derogatory to some people.

Reactions: DiaperedPete and rbm
TylerThelop said:
So to me I see a sissy as someone that goes super over the top with the typical girly stuff. Usually on off occasions, not presenting this way. A sissy can be biologically male or female. The sort of all pink, frilly, satin things like that. That's just my interpretation though, honestly I think that the term is pretty open.
What it doesn't describe though is someone nonbinary or Trans. When you say about most people describing hyper sexual trans people, honestly that sounds more like a drag queen than a sissy and actually calling a trans person a sissy could come across as being a bit derogatory to some people.
Thank you for trying to explain to me what Sissy means to you. I think I am able to see your perspective a bit more clearly.

TylerThelop said:
When you say about most people describing hyper sexual trans people, honestly that sounds more like a drag queen than a sissy and actually calling a trans person a sissy could come across as being a bit derogatory to some people.
But I'm not the one saying it, I'm the one wondering why other people are saying it. I don't consider those types of people Sissy's. A transgendered man who retains his penis, but is taking HRT and what not, is not a traditional Sissy. And a drag-queen is just that, A drag-queen, a term that is well defined and understood. Languages evolve and change and this may be just another change, I suppose. It's a change I don't like. And I think this word Sissy will outlive its' usefulness. As its' definition keeps broadening the word actually seems to mean less and less.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaylorThelop
There are, and always have been, men with effeminate traits and women with masculine traits. Then, too, there are, and always have been, men and women with nongendered traits. We're only now starting to understand this. I'd like to think society on the whole will accept this...maybe soon, but also maybe not in our lifetime. 🤔

Reactions: Woncrinklz, Kittyinpink, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
There are, and always have been, men with effeminate traits and women with masculine traits. Then, too, there are, and always have been, men and women with nongendered traits. We're only now starting to understand this. I'd like to think society on the whole will accept this...maybe soon, but also maybe not in our lifetime. 🤔
It's hard to discuss such things when people get defensive. I am in no way judging anyone. Words have meaning, definitions, I'm trying to understand what has happened to the word Sissy over the last decade.

DiaperedPete said:
It's hard to discuss such things when people get defensive. I am in no way judging anyone. Words have meaning, definitions, I'm trying to understand what has happened to the word Sissy over the last decade.
Not getting defensive, just letting you know cus like you said people can get VERY defensive when it comes to this stuff.
Haven't even asked yet but what do see the word meaning?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I pretty much defined it in my initial post, Sorry for being lazy and not typing this out twice.

"Sometimes I think I'm the only person who still regards sissies as boys/men turned girly/frilly, but there remained little doubt that the Sissy is male, and that he has been feminized. & It used to be that Sissies were people like Richard Simmons or that boy from the Berries and Cream commercial"

Sissy's were for the longest time boys or men who were feminized, dominated, the male being relegated to a pseudo female role, but no longer male, no longer female, a Sissy, who is subservient to both. A submissive feminine male. But always, a male in feminine guise.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaylorThelop
DiaperedPete said:
I pretty much defined it in my initial post, Sorry for being lazy and not typing this out twice.

Sissy's were for the longest time boys or men who were feminized, dominated, the male being relegated to a pseudo female role, but no longer male, no longer female, a Sissy, who is subservient to both. A submissive feminine male. But always, a male in feminine guise.
Okay, yeah that pretty much matches what I consider it as as well ^_^ then again I'm 31 so maybe It doesn't mean the same thing anymore and I'm just out of date too lol

BobbiSueEllen said:
Sigh yeah, which is why I'll never feel comfortable going out in a skirt of a dress :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and DiaperedPete
'Dominated'??? This makes little sense. This is starting to fish-tail a bit...I have zero idea what's being presented here. I'm out.

DiaperedPete said:
Thank you for trying to explain to me what Sissy means to you. I think I am able to see your perspective a bit more clearly.

But I'm not the one saying it, I'm the one wondering why other people are saying it. I don't consider those types of people Sissy's. A transgendered man who retains his penis, but is taking HRT and what not, is not a traditional Sissy. And a drag-queen is just that, A drag-queen, a term that is well defined and understood. Languages evolve and change and this may be just another change, I suppose. It's a change I don't like. And I think this word Sissy will outlive its' usefulness. As its' definition keeps broadening the word actually seems to mean less and less.
The wonderful and most exciting time now is
#1. People are getting educated about the diversities of human sexuality.
#2. The amazing broadening of human consciousness and the possibilities are happening with all things outside of sexuality.
#3. The amazing ability for the human mind to elaborate and extend past its boundaries to the infinite when it comes to self-realization is wonderful and thankfully getting more and more understood as education and labels shall eventually fall away and what you have is a unique self-created wonderful individual who would be amazing and beautiful to meet because they were not hampered by any label.

It's slowly but darn beautifully happening NOW. 😊 I think it's enormously cool for a man to embellish regardless of societal, sexual, or "labelisticifications"🤭 and constraints but to beautifully be themselves. I also feel the same way for women, who have had a rather hard time breaking social boundaries. Things are getting better for people. It's places like this that help evolves the concepts of acceptance hopefully past the constraints of labels and to the point of self-realization and BEING.

Wondercrinkee said:
The wonderful and most exciting time now is
#1. People are getting educated about the diversities of human sexuality.
#2. The amazing broadening of human consciousness and the possibilities are happening with all things outside of sexuality.
#3. The amazing ability for the human mind to elaborate and extend past its boundaries to the infinite when it comes to self-realization is wonderful and thankfully getting more and more understood as education and labels shall eventually fall away and what you have is a unique self-created wonderful individual who would be amazing and beautiful to meet because they were not hampered by any label.

It's slowly but darn beautifully happening NOW. 😊 I think it's enormously cool for a man to embellish regardless of societal, sexual, or "labelisticifications"🤭 and constraints but to beautifully be themselves. I also feel the same way for women, who have had a rather hard time breaking social boundaries. Things are getting better for people. It's places like this that help evolves the concepts of acceptance hopefully past the constraints of labels and to the point of self-realization and BEING.
The Liberal Western Order is dying. We are not the future.

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: otterpuddles and Woncrinklz
DiaperedPete said:
The Liberal Western Order is dying. We are not the future.
I guess it may sound whatever...but I think Humans are getting better with the acceptance of many social variations of this human condition.
I can't guarantee the lesser open-minded people are there, but as a whole, it's happening whether you want it or not. All the "reality" shows are on, more and more are posted on YOUTUBE, and all and all it's looking better in my eyes, which were painted by people born and taught from the 1800s to the early 1900s. What they thought and believed in my family would later make them turn over in their grave if they were to see what has transpired since their passing. :unsure:😪🤨🙂

Reactions: otterpuddles
This is the definition from Merium Webster's dictionary:

Definition of sissy

informal + disparaging
: an effeminate man or boyalso : a timid, weak, or cowardly personI would have to go at Walter with the violence necessary to make it a good fight or be thought a sissy by my friends.

That was the definition we lived with when we were growing up. How things have changed over time especially where it applies to the AB/DL segment of society. I see the term in the AB/DL culture as either a man who when regressing, feels and sees himself as a little girl, wearing effeminate clothes and of course, diapers. But girls can play at this too simply by wearing clothes that a 3 year old girl might. I think it's all about one's brain and how one sees themselves, what they emotionally feel while regressing.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
Wondercrinkee said:
I guess it may sound whatever...but I think Humans are getting better with the acceptance of many social variations of this human condition.
I can't guarantee the lesser open-minded people are there, but as a whole, it's happening whether you want it or not. All the "reality" shows are on, more and more are posted on YOUTUBE, and all and all it's looking better in my eyes, which were painted by people born and taught from the 1800s to the early 1900s. What they thought and believed in my family would later make them turn over in their grave if they were to see what has transpired since their passing. :unsure:😪🤨🙂
It's interesting. As a male who openly wears female attire and jewellery (me!) I not over stated , I keep it safe , relaxing.. jeggings, pretty shirts , blouses, cute jumpers, pretty jewellery.. I have mixed reactions.. lots of men are uncomfortable with it...most women are cool with it . I get compliments from both men and women.. and occasionally aggressive looks from some men... I always a little scared , but sometimes I'm more relaxed.. society is difficult.. in the ancient past it was far more normal for creatures like myself to wear and identify as a different gender. There is evidence that it was accepted in stone age times... but I agree that we (human society) are definitely on the right track...

• Love
Reactions: rbm and Woncrinklz
DiaperedPete said:
First, I think you asked a very good question.

I've liked reading the discussion so far. One way of thinking about definitions is to note that words get their meaning from their use in a social context--not from reference to the traits and aspects of the world. Though words reference phenomena in the world, their meaning is given by the specific contexts they appear in.

As an example, growing up the word gender was synonymous with sex, largely because in my Christian neighborhood, the word "sex" could make people a bit uncomfortable. In America generally, I think the same was probably true for many years. Meanwhile, in queer communities, gender references a person's identity and presentation, and a whole bunch of words have been coined for the broad sub-categories of identity and presentation a person could choose. The shifting definitions we're experiencing, and the debates it generates, are a by product of those two social contexts meeting.

The way I understand "sissy" specifically is that it's used in the kink communities as something between being descriptive of a sissy in the every-day sense (my "sissy" clothes are about as stereotypical as you can get :p) and a reclaimed insult (I embrace the word sissy because people who stare daggers at me in the market for wearing leggings and nail polish might very well call me that--and it's hard for me to get angry about being called a name I readily embrace).

Back