Soaking through my diaper at night

Bedwetter1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m a bed wetter, with daytime control. I just want to vent now, I woke up this morning soaked through my diaper and everything everything on my bed was soaking. It sounded as if I didn’t wear a diaper. I wear Abina L4. Do you sometimes have a similar issue?

Reactions: Angelapinks
Just about every time I use an L4 at night it results in leaks. Never fails. Mainly caused by me sleeping on my stomach and sides.

I wet very heavily at night due to my kidneys over producing urine while I sleep.
I am forced to wear high capacity diapers, with 2 high capacity liners to have any chance at having a dry bed in the morning.

I'm always experimenting with diapers and liners to see what holds up best ... right now I'm having good luck with Tykables Unicorn diapers with 2 Abena Boost liners .

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
Cloth works well for me. I add a full sized folded terry bath towel as a soaker and a folded terry hand towel as a liner to aid cleanup from bowel incontinence and it keeps me dry through the night even though I’m a side sleeper. It’s taken me a while to find the right folds and the right combination but it has payed off with a dry bed in the mornings. Stay padded, hopefully it’ll keep you dry.

I used to use Abena L4, but I sleep on my side, so I kept experiencing leaks around the side gathers. I have since moved to BetterDry and have yet to have a leak.
I also invested in a PeaPod Mat, which is like a terry cloth towel that is waterproof and has a backer that helps keep it in place. It has kept my leaks from reaching my husband and it is so much easier to just wash that and my wet clothes, instead of having to strip the bed all of the time.
Was there something different about last night that may have lead to a leak?

Reactions: DiaperGuy08
If I end up on my side, I will leak. To help me with clean up, I always have a bed pad under me. So much easier to toss out a bed pad then wash sheets.

Reactions: chuck and pampers47
Bedwetter1 said:
I’m a bed wetter, with daytime control. I just want to vent now, I woke up this morning soaked through my diaper and everything everything on my bed was soaking. It sounded as if I didn’t wear a diaper. I wear Abina L4. Do you sometimes have a similar issue?
As others have said, side sleeping is always a concern /problem no matter what diaper you wear.
But, besides that (I use M4s) make sure they are snug & fit properly, seems a lot of people have had leaks with the L4 due mainly to poor fit.
Also, if you're a heavy wetter ALWAYS put on a dry dip before bed.
I say this from experience as thinking that "little bit" you wet before bed won't be a problem, well it usually is.
Also,also remember a lot of the time you are really only using at best 1/2 of your dip while laying down/sleeping

Reactions: KrankyPants
I can relate to this as well. I am a heavy wetter at night and wake up every morning with a soaked diaper. I find Abenas to be a decent cost-effective daytime diaper, but I've also found they leak at night - even with a booster and plastic panties overtop. (Again, because of the side/stomach sleeping positions.) I've had success with BetterDry's or Dry24/7's for the night with no leaks happening. I still wear plastic panties overtop and always sleep with a protective pad underneath too. (If you dont have a reusable mattress pad, even the Goodnights disposable ones are decent.) If the bedwetting is that bad, until you get everything figured out, it might be safe to have a plastic mattress protector cover under your sheets and even plastic pillow protectors under your pillow cases. I slept on all that stuff when I was growing up, which worked well, and have used the same kind of system as an adult at times for extra protection to be on the safe side.

Reactions: aabigbill, abjohn and chamberpot
I wear the m4 plastic-backed with a pad and plastic sheets.
The cloth-backed m4 was like no diaper at all, it was bad.

Bedwetter1 said:
You can try Protecbriefs! I use them every night and so far they are the best solution for a sidesleeper diaper leaks. I bedwet most nights, and haven't had wet sheets in months. They were originally called Peepeepants, and made for babies/toddlers, but now are also available in adult sizes. I helped test the prototypes and made suggestions to improve them. The final design is very good, and works amazing. They work better than plastic pants because they have more coverage and are absorbent. There should still be a discount code PROTEC10 for 10% off.

Reactions: WillFord384
MarcusP said:
You can try Protecbriefs! I use them every night and so far they are the best solution for a sidesleeper diaper leaks. I bedwet most nights, and haven't had wet sheets in months. They were originally called Peepeepants, and made for babies/toddlers, but now are also available in adult sizes. I helped test the prototypes and made suggestions to improve them. The final design is very good, and works amazing. They work better than plastic pants because they have more coverage and are absorbent. There should still be a discount code PROTEC10 for 10% off.
I have to try those out!

Bedwetter1 said:
Have you tried a more absorbent diaper?

Megamax from Northshore. I been dealing with this 25yrs and have not founded a diaper as thirsty as mega max.

Reactions: winterheart01, aabigbill, surprise35 and 1 other person
I wear the tranquility atn with a huggies overnite, or pampers cruiser size 6 as a booster of a night. This combination works well for me, and has for the last 10 plus years.

Reactions: KrankyPants
Bedwetter1 said:
I too am a nightly bedwetter. I wear nappies and plastic pants but sometimes they leak. My advice is to have a washable bed pad under a flannelette sheet and a waterproof matteras cover. I find if I leak I stay comfortable and sleep through until morning.

Bedwetter1 said:

I have fully leaked my diaper before while I was asleep and I woke up and pretty much everything was wet. So I decided to go for a new Diaper and that's what I wear now.

Liam said:
I have fully leaked my diaper before while I was asleep and I woke up and pretty much everything was wet. So I decided to go for a new Diaper and that's what I wear now.
What diaper were you wearing then and now?

TD712 said:
What diaper were you wearing then and now?
I was wearing TENA® Ultra Incontinence Briefs, but then I have now switched over to Crinkly, was it a lot better for me

I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants at night. I also have a plastic sheet over my mattress and sometimes put a changing pad under me. Don't usually have leaks but every once in a while they happen. Waterproof protection is the best prevention.

I wore betterdry during the night and was having leaks and had to switch to rearz inspire nighttime diapers for my incontinence.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Back