So many diaper options.... Cant Decide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swest001

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I have recently discovered a local pharmacy near me that sells non store brand diapers. Now this is exciting because finding the best brands are difficult to find without ordering online. My only dilema is the choices. They have an online site and I simply cant decide what to go for. They have the confidry 24/7 wich I have and have tried.

I enjoy that brand because its super absorbant and thick. The only downfall is liquid can dribble out if its not fully absorbed and you decide to sit down. The leg and waist holes arent very strong as well. I have been looking at a few of their brands and a few has catch my eye. They have the abena abri form in all sizes.

I have heard good things about abena, Im not sure if its as thick as the confidry though. They also have various Molicare brands though I dont know whats the go to for DL's. The ones that REALLY caught my eyes were the "Safari" and "Spoiled" by Rearz. This diaper appears to be a bit thicker than the confidry. It also claims to hold up to 4.5L of liquid as well as have strong leg guards and will not leak if your sitting or laying down.

They also come in cute designs ^.^ So I would like to hear from other DL's. Ultimately what im looking for is a diaper that is Super thick, Extremely absorbant and can hold whatever I can throw at it. Thanks!

I 24/7 Rearz Inspire+ InControl which are plain white Safaris, they are wonderful.

Spoiled are thinner but should still be great.

I've had better performance with confidry than any other diaper which uses a tape landing zone (bambino, rearz, fabine, etc). Regardless, 4.5L would be a lab tested iso rating. Real world use is going to be significantly lower than that before it starts leaking.

Now if money is no problem then I'd see if they have Crinklz. These diapers hold the most I've ever come across, and they have a cool ab print on them. And they start off pretty thick with the padding, but also have so much sap they swell up incredibly huge when wet.

Usually after 12-16 hours I have to change just because I start smelling bad, but the Crinklz diaper is still not even half used. Now as comparison a confidy will be soaked front to back in 8-10 hours for me (I stay well hydrated). These could be a 24 hour diaper, but you probably won't want to go out in one or people really will notice the diaper bulge.

I say go for whatever you haven't tried before and see how they fair. I myself haven't tried any of the diapers you mentioned, but I've heard really great things on just about all of them. Just branching out and experiencing the sheer variety of how many quality adult diapers there are out there is always a fantastic feeling. Who knows? Maybe you'll find a brand new favorite that way. Such a cool store to sell all of those as well! Have fun hunting!

Swest001 said:
So I would like to hear from other DL's. Ultimately what im looking for is a diaper that is Super thick, Extremely absorbant and can hold whatever I can throw at it. Thanks!

First, the disclaimer... NO diaper can hold "whatever you throw at it"... They all have limits, they all can get overloaded, they all can only absorb so fast. In addition, ratings like "holds 4.5 liters of liquid" can be VERY misleading. That means in OPTIMUM conditions, where the wetness is evenly distributed throughout the entire diaper, which NEVER happens in real life situations.

You might find that a really good, super-absorbent diaper will STILL leak after "only" two liters or so, when you sit down, because all two liters are in a concentrated spot, and when you sit, you compromise the absorption by compressing the area where the liquid is (think stepping on a water-filled sponge).

There is no ONE diaper brand or style that is "the" go-to for DLs. It depends on what precisely are the traits most important to you, and no single brand is simultaneously the absolute best in ALL categories :) That all being said, here is my actual answer to your question...

Of the ones that you listed, best to worst:

1) Rearz Spoiled/Safari
2) Confidry 24/7
3) Abena X Plus
4) Molicare Supers

All of the ones that you list are considered "premium" diapers. Diapers that are well-made, and that can last through several wettings. There are a few others. Myself, I prefer Northshore Supremes at the moment, but have a few Abenas and Rearz Spoiled in my inventory. I often wear Molicares or Tena-brand, because MY local pharmacy will get those for me at no shipping cost.

Fit is also a factor, and unfortunately, you need to find that out by trial and error. Not all bodies are the same, so what fits me may sag on you :)

The Northshores are the best for ME, because at their price-point, no diaper holds more and fits me better. I enjoy single-tapes, which they are not. I LOVE diapers with baby prints or styles, which Northshores do NOT have. But the traits that matter MOST to me are simply plastic-backed, performance/price.

I'm sure you'll like the Rearz, but I cannot promise that they will meet or exceed ALL of your expectations :) I hope that helps!

You want thick that can hold what you throw at it and cute and they have safaris? This one is a no brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back