So i have purchased some...

mechanicX

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
I have purchased some Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi 24 pack ,I'd much prefer a smaller pack encase it's not for me..
Also...

I looked on abu for fitment and they look pretty mobile. And there much thinner then the ones I currently have , it reckons there good for "active people " I wonder what that is supposed to suggest how active 🤔 ill soon see. And I'll report back after a weeks use.

Reactions: BBBen, Napincolove, rainbowponyunicorn and 1 other person
I've used them, they work well.

Reactions: LordDuque and Sidewinder
They have a arrived and I wasted one to test for fitment. There not to bad I suppose. Its abit annoying that there wings aren't overally long , I went for medium as they where within the size range of me , other then the sticky tabs being a one time only use which is very annoying. , I'll give them a try at work.

Reactions: LordDuque and princessarya
Are they plastic backed?

Reactions: princessarya
I have used them for years. Apart from a knackered back and recent hip replacement I am fully mobile and active and I have always found them excellent. Mine are supplied on the NHS as I am in the UK. They are plastic backed. I prefer them to the soft back. They have two-part tape, so you can undo the tape by leaving the blue tape attached and then replace the tape back onto the blue tape.

Reactions: princessarya
Tenaman said:
I have used them for years. Apart from a knackered back and recent hip replacement I am fully mobile and active and I have always found them excellent. Mine are supplied on the NHS as I am in the UK. They are plastic backed. I prefer them to the soft back. They have two-part tape, so you can undo the tape by leaving the blue tape attached and then replace the tape back onto the blue tape.
So the blue tape which took off is used if they are to be used again ?

I'll give them ago tomorrow , I'll soon see is medium is the right size.

To follow on I purchased some large encase these ones tear or fall apart or somthing. I'd rather have protection on at the moment encase of a spillage

First purchase of the medium type are no good for me. , had quite abit of a leakage from the rear and it was to tight to my body and its abit of a mess. I'll try the large when they arrive through, hopefully there not massive , that's a waste of dosh buying the wrong ones , it was about 20 odd quid.

As you refer to ‘20 odd quid’ I would assume you are in the UK. You should speak to the local continence service as you could get them supplied free of charge on the NHS. They will certainly advise you on what is available to help you manage your IC issues.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Tenaman said:
As you refer to ‘20 odd quid’ I would assume you are in the UK. You should speak to the local continence service as you could get them supplied free of charge on the NHS. They will certainly advise you on what is available to help you manage your IC issues.
Excellent advice !

mechanicX said:
So the blue tape which took off is used if they are to be used again ?

I'll give them ago tomorrow , I'll soon see is medium is the right size.
Regarding the tapes, I'm not too familiar with the Tenas, but I can describe how they usually work... I'm not sure how to describe it clearly without going step-by-step (in an annoyingly slow and detailed manner), so bear with me.

The usual design of such tapes (often called "second chance tapes" around here), is such that there are two layers. One is blue, one is white. The white is what's actually attached to the rear wings, while the blue is really just a sticker that's been placed on the white tape. You unfold the tape as one unit, blue and white together, exposing the sticky side of the blue part (to be clear, don't separate the blue and white parts, yet). Tape the diaper as you usually would.

If you need to adjust the tapes or take it off to use the toilet and put it back on, you can peel the white tape off of the blue part, and leave the blue part stuck to the front of the diaper. You now have a white tape. The white tape usually doesn't want to stick as well as the blue, but it'll work in a pinch. You can either tape it however you like, and put the white tape wherever you want (bearing in mind that you probably won't be able to remove it without tearing the diaper), or you can put the white tape directly on the blue part, allowing you to retape the diaper the same way that you originally did (this is useful when after using the toilet, for example).

If you're first putting the diaper on and need to adjust the tapes to get the fit right, you may not need to use the second-chance tapes (it depends on the diaper, and whether or not you burnished the tapes, pressed them firmly into place), but once a diaper has been taped for a while and needs adjusted, this is where second-chance tapes become useful, because the tape bonds strongly over time and can rip the front panel if you try to remove it.

The adhesive on the white tape will get a little weaker each time you retape, but having that blue sticker gives you a solid, tear-resistant surface you can use for retaping, so you don't rip the front of the diaper. It's like the landing zone panels plastic-backed diapers used to commonly have, only instead of one big one, you have four tiny ones that you can put wherever you want them.

I hope this description is helpful. It's certainly long, but I hope it's clear.

Last edited:
DelC said:
Regarding the tapes, I'm not too familiar with the Tenas, but I can describe how they usually work... I'm not sure how to describe it clearly without going step-by-step (in an annoyingly slow and detailed manner), so bear with me.

The usual design of such tapes (often called "second chance tapes" around here), is such that there are two layers. One is blue, one is white. The white is what's actually attached to the rear wings, while the blue is really just a sticker that's been placed on the white tape. You unfold the tape as one unit, blue and white together, exposing the sticky side of the blue part (to be clear, don't separate the blue and white parts, yet). Tape the diaper as you usually would.

If you need to adjust the tapes or take it off to use the toilet and put it back on, you can peel the white tape off of the blue part, and leave the blue part stuck to the front of the diaper. You now have a white tape. The white tape usually doesn't want to stick as well as the blue, but it'll work in a pinch. You can either tape it however you like, and put the white tape wherever you want (bearing in mind that you probably won't be able to remove it without tearing the diaper), or you can put the white tape directly on the blue part, allowing you to retape the diaper the same way that you originally did (this is useful when after using the toilet, for example).

If you're first putting the diaper on and need to adjust the tapes to get the fit right, you may not need to use the second-chance tapes (it depends on the diaper, and whether or not you burnished the tapes, pressed them firmly into place), but once a diaper has been taped for a while and needs adjusted, this is where second-chance tapes become useful, because the tape bonds strongly over time and can rip the front panel if you try to remove it.

The adhesive on the white tape will get a little weaker each time you retape, but having that blue sticker gives you a solid, tear-resistant surface you can use for retaping, so you don't rip the front of the diaper. It's like the landing zone panels plastic-backed diapers used to commonly have, only instead of one big one, you have four tiny ones that you can put wherever you want them.

I hope this description is helpful. It's certainly long, but I hope it's clear.
I think it worked it out I put the nappy on and thought what are these blue things I thought they where the tab covers to cover up the sticky bit for protection 🙃 , i realise now there for possibly adjustment. Anyway the larger ones have come through now and they are much better fitment and held well for the day. And held on a small leak. The plastic back is a bit odd to get use too

Reactions: Constantlydamp
After a few days of wearing. I think I'll have to fix a bed time option these chafe my hips & my goodness do i sweat , and the heat...goodness... , it makes me think did I have to go through this when I was a child. And sweated like this over 30+years ago....
From what I can see I don't seem to leak much when I am asleep so I might see if some training pants might be better

These are the disposables I use, they are great for daytime use. Active fit means they are plastic backed so designed for people who are out and moving around rather than just sat or bed bound. They are thiner than some nappies but this makes them great for discretion and they can still take a good wetting. You can get a ultima version if you need more absorption but I find the maxis fine.

I hope they keep making them because no other brand comes close!

I've used these and found them to be really good. they are quite thin and light weight. but the capacity is more than enough for me. I found them good for extended wearing and wetting under normal clothing, while out n about in public.

mechanicX said:
They have a arrived and I wasted one to test for fitment. There not to bad I suppose. Its abit annoying that there wings aren't overally long , I went for medium as they where within the size range of me , other then the sticky tabs being a one time only use which is very annoying. , I'll give them a try at work.
I find the tabs on Tena tend too come undone but i found using an adult pocket nappie holds it in place snuggly and stops it coming undone i have several and they hide my nappy well and extra protection https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005683321756.html

Back