Six month out of having my bladder rerouted

durgan87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
It's been six month since I've had my bladder drainage re-routed for drainage, from straight catheterizing to a capped supra-public catheter. I've gone from have an infection almost every other month, to not having one at all in this time. I have had to go to the clinic to get the catheter changed because the tremor my MS gives me makes it impossible to change things myself, and I lack the finger strength to connect bag so they stay, I use us capped and drain every 2-3 hours as needed. If it does leak I have a diaper on, that happens depending on how active I am. Supra-pubic weren't designed for active individuals apparently. At night it does drain through a one-way valve into a diaper, then the valve sit in alcohol until the next day. Right now I'm getting ready to move and so far it is still hard as things are not completely healed and won't be for a year. All I'm going to say I was very questionable of this decision, but now I know I made the right one.

Reactions: Diprs2
Glad that your decision turned out to be the right one for you. I do hope that your complete healing happens in less than the predicted year.
I have a family member (age late 50s) with MS which makes daily life a real trial.
I Wish you all the best of futures.

Reactions: Diprs2 and jjpadded
Back