shenanigans

Zeke said:
Your valves have covers?
valve cover like the one in the picture

8E41406F-44FA-44B5-9720-0E03F38376C4.jpeg

Reactions: NodeDL
Speaking of lawns, did you know that dandelions can make a nice salad from their leaves, a tea or flour from the root(depending on how you use it), and wine from the flowers?
Only drawback, it takes a LOT of those flowers to make a batch of wine.

OldIron said:
Speaking of lawns, did you know that dandelions can make a nice salad from their leaves, a tea or flour from the root(depending on how you use it), and wine from the flowers?
You also can use catnip to make tea you just have to mix it with another kind of tea. Catnip tea has a lot of health benefits just remember the cat will try to get at the tea also. Just remember to use organic catnip no other will do.

Last edited:
Reactions: NodeDL and BobbiSueEllen
jasonm03 said:
You also can use catnip to make tea you just have to mix it with another kind of tea. Catnip tea has a lot of health benefits just remember the cat will try to get at the tea also. Just remember to use organic catnip no other will do.
And here I was thinking that the purpose of catnip tea was to stop your cat from trying to steal your coffee.

• Haha
Reactions: jasonm03, NodeDL and BobbiSueEllen
OldIron said:
And here I was thinking that the purpose of catnip tea was to stop your cat from trying to steal your coffee.
Unions call that a 'negotiation'; we 'lesser folks' call that a 'workplace hack'. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jasonm03 and NodeDL
NodeDL said:
whatever really. basic talks to complex discussions I don't care. have fun.

My fiance got a Cricut machine about a month ago. At first I was like "I'm never gonna use this..." but then I learned how to make engraved pint glasses.

Did you know that if it wasnt for the nazis, fanta would not exist. Coca cola could not send supplies to their german hq due to trade embargoes so they ended up producing soda with the materials they had lying around and came up with fanta. History in every bottle!

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, tiny and NodeDL
Lonelydl said:
Did you know that if it wasnt for the nazis, fanta would not exist. Coca cola could not send supplies to their german hq due to trade embargoes so they ended up producing soda with the materials they had lying around and came up with fanta. History in every bottle!
that is interesting.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
did you know I got in trouble with the police at school once?
I was in middle school and I was talking with some friends about the slowest and most painful way to kill someone. and this girl from the high school who was part of the chorus was walking by when I said the sentence " I'm going to drown you in the blood of your family.". she thought it was directed at her but didn't say anything. then the very next day was the California school shooting, and so the girl told her parents, who called thew school who called the police. and so the police called my mom and had me go into school to talk to the police. they basically said that this was my 2nd strike, 1 more and there going to get involved.

those of you wondering how I got my first strike, I bit people in elementary school.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
This is Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" played with an orchestra of old computer components:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool, huh?

• Haha
Reactions: NodeDL and Ilovewetdiapers4200
OldIron said:
That what kids are for. You send them out to collect the flowers while you drink last year’s wine in your hammock. “He always had some mighty fine wine!”😋😛🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NodeDL, Ilovewetdiapers4200 and BobbiSueEllen
jasonm03 said:
I thought catnip was to keep your cats out of your weed. A house I bought, when I returned to college, had catnip planted almost all the way around it and it came in handy when I “inherited” two cats from Doug and Paula when they moved . Bob was a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic and weighed about twenty pounds. Cocoa was about half that weight and was a stereotypical conniving feline. I’d bring in a sprig of the meowy-wowie and everything was love dovie for about the first five minutes. Then the jealousy would set in followed by, what can only be described as, All Star Cat Wrestling. This involved aerial acrobatics that you haven’t seen since the last time you caught the trapeze act at the circus. They both would leap up in the air at one another and Bob would invariably end up on his back with Cocoa pouncing on him, all with a definite WWF influence. Next, cue the hamsters. When things would show signs of slowing down I’d put one of my daughter’s hamsters in one of those two piece balls that they can roll all over the floor in. This drove the cats wacko but they’d get their revenge by battling the hamster ball down the basement stairway. This would somewhat disorientate the poor hamster for a while requiring him to tag off with one of his fellow hamsters. I could only get away with this when my daughter wasn’t home. My question is if catnip does this kind of stuff to cats what affects can one expect on humans from catnip tea? Seems to me nothing good could come from me chasing that stupid hamster ball down the basement stairway, on all fours, after having downed a pot of this “herbal remedy”! Stay padded, no matter what your cats may think.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NodeDL, Paddy2020 and BobbiSueEllen
Zeke said:
Bob was a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic...Cocoa...was a stereotypical conniving feline. I’d bring in a sprig of the meowy-wowie and everything was love dovie for about the first five minutes. Then the jealousy would set in followed by, what can only be described as, All Star Cat Wrestling. This involved aerial acrobatics that you haven’t seen since the last time you caught the trapeze act at the circus...Stay padded, no matter what your cats may think.
Thank you, I needed vivid, humorous descriptives this morning! I am gonna archive that "couple sandwiches short of a picnic" somewhere between "three lugnuts short of a wheel" and "three nips short of a Cadbury bar"!

Cats. Agh. I moved into a place once with three cats: Abby the conniving, neurotic grey tabby, Squeak the happy, affectionate dark shorthair (who squeaked instead of meowed) and another cat whose name I forgot and who didn't give a rip anymore. When I moved in, Abby cozied up to me one night in bed and all was well; the next night, Squeak came in and cozied with me instead; Abby came in, saw us, left without so much as a "Puh!". The next morning, two of my surround sound speaker wires were chewed to segments, requiring new wires. The landlady was aghast when she found out about it, told me about the cats and bought me a new spool of speaker wire. Abby was banned from my room. And she never, ever got cozy again.

Chewing speaker wire in bitter, p*ssy jealousy and revenge. Only cats. Sheesh. Thankfully, Sue Ellen isn't like that... 🥰 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: NodeDL, Paddy2020 and Zeke
NehFaasSinonKron said:
Another little fact I enjoy! Hope this thread keeps going this way! I'll go again haha... Did you know that apples have a deadly secret? That's right, apples can kill! Actually, their seeds contain arsenic, but it would take over 100 seeds to produce enough to kill a human. So, remember to plant them, not eat them! 🍎🍏
Anybody that could eat that many apples and seeds will die from the shits anyway.

• Haha
Paddy2020 said:
Anybody that could eat that many apples and seeds will die from the shits anyway.
I can see this on a stimulating episode of CSI: Yakima someday...

(Farmer) "Weyull, aw-fis-sur, ah found this here gah layin' here in the oar-cherd at the end of this 60-foot-long trail o' green apple cores an' brayown!"

(Lead investigator) "Well...I guess it's true they say that...(dons shades)...'the a****le doesn't fall far from the tree'." 😲

• Haha
Reactions: Paddy2020 and NodeDL
speaking of poison did you know there was one dude who got bitten by a blue-ringed octopus. and when the medics were trying to stabilize him outside they forgot the poison not only paralyzed him so he couldn't close his eyes but kept him conscious. so here this dude was paralyzed unable to close his eyes staring directly at the sun in Australia for about 2 hours. he essentially had his eyes barbecued.

for those unaware, the blue-ringed octopus has one of the most lethal bites in the world. its tetrodotoxin paralyzes and keeps you conscious. along with several other side effects, there is NO CURE for the venom.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Paddy2020 and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Thank you, I needed vivid, humorous descriptives this morning! I am gonna archive that "couple sandwiches short of a picnic" somewhere between "three lugnuts short of a wheel" and "three nips short of a Cadbury bar"!

Cats. Agh. I moved into a place once with three cats: Abby the conniving, neurotic grey tabby, Squeak the happy, affectionate dark shorthair (who squeaked instead of meowed) and another cat whose name I forgot and who didn't give a rip anymore. When I moved in, Abby cozied up to me one night in bed and all was well; the next night, Squeak came in and cozied with me instead; Abby came in, saw us, left without so much as a "Puh!". The next morning, two of my surround sound speaker wires were chewed to segments, requiring new wires. The landlady was aghast when she found out about it, told me about the cats and bought me a new spool of speaker wire. Abby was banned from my room. And she never, ever got cozy again.

Chewing speaker wire in bitter, p*ssy jealousy and revenge. Only cats. Sheesh. Thankfully, Sue Ellen isn't like that... 🥰 🤗
Yah, I was never a cat fan nor was Doug (they were his wife, Paula’s cats). They were moving to the town where Paula had a new job and Doug, not a cat fan, went to find them an apartment, mysteriously the only one he supposedly could find didn’t allow pets. So Paula was freaking when I asked how things were going about 10 days before they were moving. She was shook up because she couldn’t find anyone to take her cats. I told her that if she couldn’t find anybody else she could leave them with me the day before they moved. That night she showed up with the cats, their food and dishes as well as cat “accessories”. Bob, while being a couple of bricks short of a load, was pretty laid back. He drank water by dipping his paw and then licking the water of his paw. I think this was a result of Doug bobbing his head into the water dish when he drank so Bob was nobody’s fool. He wasn’t going to let that happen to him again so he took to the paw plan. I did a lot of remodeling one summer and replaced my front and back doors. When they were off one day apparently my house cat, that never went out, found himself on the wrong side of the door when it was hung. The next morning when I realized he was gone I found him casually looking around on the back deck occasionally looking through the full length window in the back door with a look that seemed to say “I’m cool, but how could you do this to me?”. I had those 2 for about 7 years and they still came running every time they heard the electric can opener thinking they were getting canned food even though I never feed them anything but dry food. Cocoa used to do a bed thing and in the middle of the night I’d wake up with her laying on my chest, smelling my breath, and rubbing her face against my mustache. Bob would wake me up bouncing on the corner of my mattress (remember he was about 20 pounds) as he was hopping into the window sill, above my bed, and then again on his way down. I don’t think I ever got a whole nights sleep without interruption after getting those 2. But watching them with the catnip just about made up for all the trouble they caused. Sure wish that I would’ve had a video camera back then.

• Haha
Reactions: NodeDL, Paddy2020 and BobbiSueEllen
Zeke said:
Yah, I was never a cat fan nor was Doug (they were his wife, Paula’s cats). They were moving to the town where Paula had a new job and Doug, not a cat fan, went to find them an apartment, mysteriously the only one he supposedly could find didn’t allow pets. So Paula was freaking when I asked how things were going about 10 days before they were moving. She was shook up because she couldn’t find anyone to take her cats. I told her that if she couldn’t find anybody else she could leave them with me the day before they moved. That night she showed up with the cats, their food and dishes as well as cat “accessories”. Bob, while being a couple of bricks short of a load, was pretty laid back. He drank water by dipping his paw and then licking the water of his paw. I think this was a result of Doug bobbing his head into the water dish when he drank so Bob was nobody’s fool. He wasn’t going to let that happen to him again so he took to the paw plan. I did a lot of remodeling one summer and replaced my front and back doors. When they were off one day apparently my house cat, that never went out, found himself on the wrong side of the door when it was hung. The next morning when I realized he was gone I found him casually looking around on the back deck occasionally looking through the full length window in the back door with a look that seemed to say “I’m cool, but how could you do this to me?”. I had those 2 for about 7 years and they still came running every time they heard the electric can opener thinking they were getting canned food even though I never feed them anything but dry food. Cocoa used to do a bed thing and in the middle of the night I’d wake up with her laying on my chest, smelling my breath, and rubbing her face against my mustache. Bob would wake me up bouncing on the corner of my mattress (remember he was about 20 pounds) as he was hopping into the window sill, above my bed, and then again on his way down. I don’t think I ever got a whole nights sleep without interruption after getting those 2. But watching them with the catnip just about made up for all the trouble they caused. Sure wish that I would’ve had a video camera back then.
Zeke, that's adorable, I now have the image of cats jumping on your bed yelling "It's Christmas, It Christmas!"

By the way, I'm making a new thread called " A million dollars but..."

it's essentially "A million dollars but" the card game where someone gives a prompt such as " A million dollars but every time you sneeze you teleport to a random location"
and people will reply with whether they will take the money or not.

Last edited:
Back