Saw palmetto

cantwait

Life is full of surprises.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Does anybody have any experience with saw Palmetto for overactive bladder? After taking it the other day, I started to feel lightheaded and have a headache. It looks like this is a common side effect. What experience do you have with this supplement?

Reactions: Edgewater
As with the lack of active posting, I have never used it.
Lightheaded sounds like one of the effects of low blood pressure?
Would like to hear if it provided any relief!

Reactions: cantwait
I'm very sensitive to saw palmetto. To a point, it helps me, but it makes things worse at too high a dose.

Reactions: cantwait and Edgewater
I believe that it’s one of the ingredients in the prostate supplement that I take. It hasn’t caused me any adverse side effects thus far.

I am doing saw palmetto as well as Ginkgo tablets on top of the Tamsulosin and finasteride that I am given by the doctor. Don't know if it is actually doing anything or if the medicine is the wrong strength. I take these things superstitiously hoping they help. I guess if it was a better supplement it would be a better dose or something I don't know. Just do it anyway and hope for the best (with medical supervision)

For anyone taking Saw Palmetto, please inform your doctor. Whereas years ago, supplements were thought useless by the medical profession, they have now realized that many of the medications they prescribe are derived from supplements people take or a supplement may interact with a prescribed medication. Your doctor should know all supplements you take, especially it you are on prescribed medicines.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
Back