Residual Urine Smell in Plastic Pants

iampadded

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Some of my plastic pants which I’ve had for a while, still kind of have a residual urine smell, even after laundering. What can I wash them with that will remove the smell without damaging the plastic pants?

Add borax to your wash soap.

My plastic and nylon pants all smell slightly of pee as I only rinse them in warm water.

I soak mine in the borax and a oxy clean soap.

I keep a small bottle of washing-up liquid in the shower and wash my plastic pants in that. There are deodorisers in washing-up liquid.

Reactions: Steve22315 and BigAl1
I rinse mine out every morning after use. A couple of times a month, I wash them in the sink with a bit of All Baby detergent. That gives them a nice scent.

Reactions: BigAl1
Teddy02 said:
I keep a small bottle of washing-up liquid in the shower and wash my plastic pants in that. There are deodorisers in washing-up liquid.
I use shampoo for my PUL's each morning in the shower (whether I have had an accident or not).

I wash my pul pants with my white washing loads. No fabric softener as that stains the pants. They smell like fresh laundry when they are dry. I have enough pairs for rotation so i always have clean plastics on hand.

Back