Recipes From The Occasional Woman

Seasonedcitizen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
OK Girls, let’s post recipes. You have to be dressed to reply.

years ago a neighbor gave me a big eggplant. I went through my recipe books to find other recipes besides parmigiana. One author’s mother got the over ripe and bruised vegetables at a discount and made a vegetable stew. The French call it Ratatouille and others call it a GumBo. You make it with whatever is handy, fresh, frozen or canned. I used to cook it in a large cast iron pot but now I use my slow cooker. Proportions vary since I stop when the pot is filled.

sauté onion and garlic (I’m Italian so I use a lot) and put it into your pot. I add peppers, eggplant, fresh kale or canned spinach, beans, broccoli, squash, etc and canned tomatoes (sauce, diced or crushed, or even bottled pasta sauce). Cook until everything is soft. That is why I like the slow cooker now.

you can add what ever spices you desire since it tastes bland. It goes great over pasta.

I'd like to post a recipe; but, I hate to cook. I'm dressed a lot. In fact, earlier today (Tuesday, actually) I just had to put on 2 new dresses I purchased last week. While I dress most every evening, I don't put on a wig and makeup very often. Today I knew I had a good 4 hour window being alone as my wife had several meetings and a luncheon to attend. She doesn't mind me dressing. She just doesn't care to see me with makeup and (I presume) a wig.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Back