Rearz select vintage diapers

Diapers1978

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
What is everyone's thought on these? Not much of a review on these.

Reactions: BabyLink9
I really enjoyed them. Only thing I wished is that they came in an x-large

As a vintage diaper lover (who also loves 1-tape-per-side diapers), I thought they were great. Comfortable, nice plastic, good tapes. My only complaint is they had too much extra plastic at the top.

Reactions: blaincorrous and BabyLink9
They're okay. The fit is weird to me.

Have try them in the pass ! Not a big fan of the 2 tapes diapers...

Are they a good crinkly diaper?

Diapers1978 said:
Are they a good crinkly diaper?
They're quite crinkly!

I also find 2 tape diapers don't fit as securely as 4 tapes, but I get the nostalgia with these ones. I've still got 2 full bags in storage, I save them for special times where I need a good absorbent diaper when away from home.

I do love the way they look though... man it's sure nice to have diapers that aren't covered in gaudy prints everywhere lol

Reactions: SofiaInPampers and odd1inSyde
I agree, have some coming in the mail can't wait!!! Crinklier the better!!!

• Love
Reactions: Pinkman123 and Deleted member 56273
I like them but I'd like them to be a bit thicker.
Will say though that they have yet to leak on me.

JoeMusic1976 said:
I like them but I'd like them to be a bit thicker.
Will say though that they have yet to leak on me.
Add a tranquility booster!

I definitely preferred the V1 version of these, which never seemed very popular. V1 had this thick, crinkly plastic that was reminiscent of 90s baby diapers. The new version just feels cheap.

Compared to abu super dry kids, which is thicker?

Diapers1978 said:
Compared to abu super dry kids, which is thicker?
The ABU SDK and Cushies has a capacity of 4500 ml and the Rearz Select's capacity was 3800.

I liked the 1 per per side design, but they really didn't hold a lot. We need something like Rearz Selects, but with a much better absorbency rating. I'd buy that.

My first post on this forum :)

I bought a bag of these about a month ago and at first I wasn't a fan. I posted a review on Rearz that mostly praised the fun idea and the quality, but I was struggling to actually like the diaper. The single tape felt odd and they seemed thicker than necessary. But, by the end of the next day, I ended up liking them so much I bought a case, and they have become an alternate staple to my Incontrol Essentials. The single tape, which I first thought was just a fun gimmick, has really grown on me because of the unique fit and feel. Also, I find myself liking the fluffier feel and very soft lining.

What's also interesting is the Vintage made me realize that my DL tendencies are stronger than I realized. I've always cared a lot about choosing products, but to be honest, I didn't think I would find the Pampers comparison to be as fun/cool as I do, but there you have it.

I know this is an old thread but I came across it when searching about the Rearz Select.

First, I am a huge fan of 2 tape diapers because that is how real baby diapers were/are. I just wish there was more selection for 2 tapes. I have tried the Rearz Select but the last time I bought some was in 2019. My biggest issue with them is the plastic that is used. I find it has an odd feel and seems more stiff then say a SDK. I read a post a long time ago and a person refered to some other plastic diapers as "Shower Curtain" plastic and I feel I understand what that person meant and that is how I feel about the Selects I have (yes I still have a few). Does anyone know if there have been any changes since 2019?

My ultimate diaper experience would be an all white, no wetness indicator, 2 tapes, soft plastic like InControl Essentials, and the absorbency / thickness of Trest or Megamax.

Reactions: pampers4U
I agree with @TheWaddlingDad , different plastic and more absorbency are needed, and for those that say you can only add so much absorbency to a single tape diaper then the tapes fail, I dont quite believe that since I started cutting the outside plastic back sheet on abu sdks and inserting abu stuffers between the plastic sheet and the original diaper padding (worked real well) bringing the diaper up to 5500ml which was plenty for me

Reactions: TheWaddlingDad
Back