Projects? What are you working on?

BobbiSueEllen said:
I'd love to do more woodworking...plus I gotta get the dings filled on my TicTac (tiny car) so I can have her painted by fall. Also gotta disassemble my Harbor Freight trailer, which I bought new in 2021, and strip/de-rust/repaint the frame because Yongqing Corporation is horrible at painting their products...and Kentucky rain is caustic, makes paint bubble.
I purchased one of those folding Harbor Freight trailers some years ago. Put a wooden floor on it and I had many years of good service. Now my wood floor is starting to rot and need to replace. I'm thinking now of welding some angle iron to it to Beef It Up and make it more metal than wood. I have purchased some old bed frames from Goodwill that I was going to use for the angle iron. We'll add that to the list of projects that I want to do. 🤣

Reactions: dogboy, Nottylu and BobbiSueEllen
Tomtomthedl said:
I purchased one of those folding Harbor Freight trailers some years ago. Put a wooden floor on it...
I did the same with some nuts/bolts and a sheet of 1/2 AC-X, cut crossways to allow for folding. I just wish Yongqing paid better attention to prime & paint. I love the LED lighting it came with! 🥳🥳🥳

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomtomthedl
denimchicken said:
I need to do something with the yard. It's a barren wasteland. I put down grass seed but I suspect I need to water it more. Only problem is I'm starting from dirt so I suspect it may be a battle.

Outside of the yard I'm making more headache and chores for myself. I'm trying to smartfify my house. Only problem with that is it's costly, and I don't think there is much resale value being added to the house by doing it.

Something I keep saying I'm going to do is buy a 3d printer and electronics boards like Arduino and start making robots and stuff. Only problem with that is it's gonna take dedication and time to learn all that. I already spend a lot of time working so I feel spent by the end of the day.
Cool plans you have. I like the robotics venture. How totally cool.(y)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Building shelves in the bedroom, the square type ones you can get at Target, so I can finally display my Steins. Also, getting around to hanging pictures, only lived here for 5 years now, and sorting through my deceased wife's cross stitched things and getting the finished ones framed. I am giving the ones that need to be completed or never started to my granddaughter, she just took it up in the last year and has shown me the things she has done and she's good, to finish up.

Reactions: JunkyardDog1 and BobbiSueEllen
JunkyardDog1 said:
Anyone else have a mountain of items that always need attention? Got the trailer for free, stripped it. Need an axle, few brackets and a light kit. Tiller was from one of my brother in laws smaller tractors. Have to modify top link set up and make a new pto shaft. If something at my house isn't half finished or needing modified, its probably not mine lol. How about you?
Doghouses for all our pasture/livestock Guardians. I have six to build, complete with windows and insulation (Can't run power out to them, or I'd do more) and canvas beds (Friend is helping with that, as I'm not a good with needle and thread).
Hopefully next winter will see them comfortably perched instead of lying under a meager tarp and on the ground. (They're not my Doggos, but a neighbors).

Reactions: JunkyardDog1
I have a ton of projects going on. I am finishing with redoing the bottom on my sailboat, sanded to gelcoat and fixed the blisters. I have a 67 Impala that needs motor mounts and a fan shroud. I have a 92 XJ that I pull out of the weeds and got running again to turn into a trail rig. I lifted it 4.5" and waiting to buy new tires for it. My daily, an '02 Mazda Protege5 just broke something in the shift linkage and I only have third gear currently. Also trying to build a 30x50 pole barn on my property...so...just a couple things.

Reactions: dogboy, Nottylu and BobbiSueEllen
Back