Possible Crib

BabyTheleste

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I've been looking around for some time for a more realistic crib/cot. Currently I have a standard single bed with a wooden slatted bedguard that can be removed quickly when I know family are going to visit. I came across this today - either in white or birch. I was thinking that the birch one turned around with the open side against the wall would be a pretty good proxy for a crib, and when I know there's a risk of someone coming (typically our grown up children) who might possibly (though unlikely) see into the nursery, Mummy and I can turn it around and throw a few cushions and throws over it and say it's a sofa for my room. What do people think?

1713174426458.png

Reactions: Mallowmarsh, medfet878, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
You are a very lucky girl with a mummy, and now putting a cot in the spare room.
For my self,I would like to see a taller frame above the mattress .

Reactions: medfet878
mybebaby101UK said:
You are a very lucky girl with a mummy, and now putting a cot in the spare room.
For my self,I would like to see a taller frame above the mattress .
I agree, but in terms of compromises, I still think it's pretty good!

Reactions: Ali123 and medfet878
We have used a day bed similar to this, turning it around to make a crib with three sides and wall in the back. We purchased a thinner mattress which created another couple inches in height for the sides and front. The one in the picture actually looks pretty good to me. Makes me want to lay down and take a nap on a crinkly mattress right now.

Reactions: BabyTheleste
Would the sides be tall enough to keep you in? Wouldn't want the baby to climb out lol

Everything considered I don't think it's a bad option. Sure ideally it would be a bit taller but it's crib like enough to give the feel and do the job but can also be used in a more covert manner if necessary.

Last edited:
Good choice. After you get used to it, give us a report.

Reactions: BabyTheleste and mistykitty
Danielle said:
We have used a day bed similar to this, turning it around to make a crib with three sides and wall in the back. We purchased a thinner mattress which created another couple inches in height for the sides and front. The one in the picture actually looks pretty good to me. Makes me want to lay down and take a nap on a crinkly mattress right now.
The thinner mattress is a good idea, but ultimately as this would become my regular bed then I would probably prefer the greater comfort you get with a standard mattress.

adam said:
Would the sides be tall enough to keep you in? Wouldn't want the baby to climb out lol
Probably not, which may be no bad thing from a safety perspective, and on occasions when I am on my own when Mummy is out. And also, the more difficult it is to get out, it will be even more difficult to get in. So I think it’s probably a reasonable compromise, as I don’t think I am going to find a mainstream bed/cot that has a drop side.

Yes, that will not look out of place in a room, lots of people have day beds like this especially in a spare room.

I'd have looked into this, but would be real wierd in any of my bedrooms as all them are designed with the bed in the middle of a longer wall so there is space for end tables on each side of the bed, and there is polugins and wiring there for phones (Have a commercial pbx on the property with 32 extensions and 4 land lines).

I'd at this point in my life have an issue getting in anything with a tall side as not that mobile to be climbing and not getting hurt or falling, so i use my regular king bed, but it has the segufix on it 100% of the time. Which i just fold to the one side if i'm just watching tv or on the ipad in bed, and the two straps dont bother me as under smal of my back and down by my ankles, and the sink into the memory foam quite a bit also, so not in the way.

But as a way to get a bed with sides it looks like a viable option.

The alibaba one looks intresting, i wonder if that is re3ally meant as and AB bed or if they expect that to go into a daycare or something, seems a bit over the top for a daycare or hospital for sure. But overall looks cute.

I know a few years ago when working with my sleep doctor, she recomended a medical bed that had a top on it, and was more a metal jailcell than a bed to my eye.

I considered the metal bed and IIRC it was from a company called hard, which i laughed about as its metal, but it was metal sides and there was an additional top on it and had a full size matress in it.
Then she sugested this bed that was like soft mesh all around it, but the insurance said it was not approved, somthing about causing injuries.
So, then she sugested just using bed restraints, as i have overnight staff anyhow, so she sent through and i looked at them and were a bit intense looking being leather, anyhow i found the segufix ones, being all white and fabric and lined with soft material they looked comfortable and looked less bondage gear (which i've had experiance with and have some old black leather stuff from the ex still in the closet, but was NOT comfortable), so i had her put through for the segufix and my insurance covered most of it under DME so not sure when i can get a replacement again (albeit i quit seeing that dr for a totoally differant reason), and got the stuff but 1/2 came with the green locks and 1/2 with the black locks, which i decided to just deal with as it's a total pain with insurance and stuff.

But back onto topic.

If all your looking for is to be kept in bed, the segufix system harness will do that 100% without fail!!!
You only need the 1 strap on the bed and the man belt with crotch strap and shoulder harness to be 100% in bed for sure.
You can roll over on both sides (or be restrained from doing so, or even kept on one side) hands and feet are unrestricted and I dont even think of it being on and when i wake up often forget until trying to get out of bed, its actually very comfortable.

So, if your looking for something not exactly crib looking but something to keep you from falling out of bed the segufix might be a good option.

It’s the crib look that I want. Whilst I’ve enjoyed being tied with Segufix a couple of times, I wouldn’t want it for sleeping with.

Small question, how can the width of the "crib" be 80.7 when the mattress is 90?. I think it should be 97 and not 80.7.

Any crib has my thumbs up vote ;)

BabyTheleste said:
I agree, but in terms of compromises, I still think it's pretty good!
So do I. Do report back after spending a night or two in your new bed/cot/crib.
Will mummy read you a bed time story to ease you into the land of nod?

BabyTheleste said:
It’s the crib look that I want. Whilst I’ve enjoyed being tied with Segufix a couple of times, I wouldn’t want it for sleeping with.
Totally understand that, if the look is the thing then that is what you want. I was just givin an alternate approch for something that can be hidden with just a comforter on the bed without much an issue unless they sit on the bed, and to take off the main strap isnt too bad either then it can go in a drawer easily.

But for a vrib look then the day bed seems the closest without much an issue in just spinning it around.

Could also maybe get/install a swinging gate like used for babies or pets for hallways on the 4th side as well, some have quick detach hardware of various types that might fit the need and look as well, then just take off the gate if you have company, leaving the day bed, which is normal to have a day bed in a spare bedroom, i see that places myself. Seen them 6' wide or more in friends houses a few times.

The spinning the bed around works, but a gate might be easier for getting in/out when needed as not having to crawl over the sides.

But in keeping with the look i'd think putting bars like the rest on the 4th side might be cool too.

Or even the slide in toddler bed rails for the 4th side, thoes are easy to remove and put in a closet.

mybebaby101UK said:
So do I. Do report back after spending a night or two in your new bed/cot/crib.
Will mummy read you a bed time story to ease you into the land of nod?
She does already. I have a large collection of ladybird books with all the usual stories (eg the three billy goats gruff) that she reads me, before giving me a night time bottle to get me sleepy.

Bigbabybret said:
Totally understand that, if the look is the thing then that is what you want. I was just givin an alternate approch for something that can be hidden with just a comforter on the bed without much an issue unless they sit on the bed, and to take off the main strap isnt too bad either then it can go in a drawer easily.

But for a vrib look then the day bed seems the closest without much an issue in just spinning it around.

Could also maybe get/install a swinging gate like used for babies or pets for hallways on the 4th side as well, some have quick detach hardware of various types that might fit the need and look as well, then just take off the gate if you have company, leaving the day bed, which is normal to have a day bed in a spare bedroom, i see that places myself. Seen them 6' wide or more in friends houses a few times.

The spinning the bed around works, but a gate might be easier for getting in/out when needed as not having to crawl over the sides.

But in keeping with the look i'd think putting bars like the rest on the 4th side might be cool too.

Or even the slide in toddler bed rails for the 4th side, thoes are easy to remove and put in a closet.
Those are very helpful thoughts. I like the idea of using the slide in bed rails as the fourth side to enable easy access and egress. That’s what I already use, and it would also make it much easier for Mummy to snuggle up with me whilst bottle feeding and at story time.

Reactions: Bigbabybret
Have you seen this crib? Probably the most baby genuine one I've seen.
Well, it's built in France and I have no idea if they will ship abroad but who knows...
1713427509130.png
Yes, it's an adult one! 200cm*90cm... (yep, metric)

• Love
Reactions: MarciAnn, Mas16210, mybebaby101UK and 2 others
BabyTheleste said:
I've been looking around for some time for a more realistic crib/cot. Currently I have a standard single bed with a wooden slatted bedguard that can be removed quickly when I know family are going to visit. I came across this today - either in white or birch. I was thinking that the birch one turned around with the open side against the wall would be a pretty good proxy for a crib, and when I know there's a risk of someone coming (typically our grown up children) who might possibly (though unlikely) see into the nursery, Mummy and I can turn it around and throw a few cushions and throws over it and say it's a sofa for my room. What do people think?

View attachment 134041
I may steal your idea for a crib!! This is effectively what I've been wanting for myself

Reactions: BabyTheleste and Seasonedcitizen
Back