Posi’e pads vs northsore

thatoneoddball

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hi everyone, if anyone has any experience with both or one of the brands I’d like to hear about it. Currently I have or wear the pois’e absorbent pads but I’ve started realizing it’s a bit expensive. I was curious what - if anyone has any experience with northshore by any chance and if that company is better and cheaper? Thank you if you do respond to my post I appreciate it.

Reactions: Edgewater
thatoneoddball said:
Hi everyone, if anyone has any experience with both or one of the brands I’d like to hear about it. Currently I have or wear the pois’e absorbent pads but I’ve started realizing it’s a bit expensive. I was curious what - if anyone has any experience with northshore by any chance and if that company is better and cheaper? Thank you if you do respond to my post I appreciate it.
Odd, On the whole regardless of brand you are better off to buy the product in bulk. I use to buy Poise, Always or Tena at the stores, and looked for manufactures coupons. I find it's more cost effective to order them from a retailer in a larger quantity. I can't say much about the North shore pads only that they come in one size, in my opinion they are not that much more cost effective than other products. I think the important part is finding something that works for you and keeps you feeling comfortable. If you have any discount or thrift stores near you and are less particular on brand you can usually find products there as well at less than half the cost of retail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and thatoneoddball
Thanks I’m just trying to figure out if I should switch products as my issue is getting worse and it’s annoying it get up in the middle of the night 4-5 times just to deal with it.

I like the Northshore pads but can't say I have done a good comparison. But I would not trust a pad product for nighttime wear, I can't imagine the hydraulics work for a pad to be very effective - better a pullup or a diaper.

Reactions: thatoneoddball and Edgewater
Regularnot said:
I like the Northshore pads but can't say I have done a good comparison. But I would not trust a pad product for nighttime wear, I can't imagine the hydraulics work for a pad to be very effective - better a pullup or a diaper.
That’s what I’m thinking of doing but im still unsure if I should but I’m losing sleep in having to wake up 4-5 times a night just to deal with it. Thank you for replying I appreciate it.

Incontinence that is worsening is s signal to see your Medial Team as such is commonly an indicator of worsening or more serious issue!

Getting up four to five times a night to change a pad, screams you should have changed to a night time diaper by now!

NorthShore Diapers customer service are very helpful in finding a night time diaper that addresses the volume you are experiencing over-night.

I wear NorthShores MEGAMAX diaper and that is based around my specific needs! Your needs at this time are likely less than mine! They will guide you in your choices. Regardless of level of night time volume, I strong recommend using a diaper cover (Plastic Pant). I use NorthShore's Trifecta Diaper Cover. The combination of both a diaper selected for your needs and a Diaper Cover will allow you to sleep in peace all night and wake-up in a dry Bed.

Reactions: thatoneoddball
Edgewater said:
Incontinence that is worsening is s signal to see your Medial Team as such is commonly an indicator of worsening or more serious issue!

Getting up four to five times a night to change a pad, screams you should have changed to a night time diaper by now!

NorthShore Diapers customer service are very helpful in finding a night time diaper that addresses the volume you are experiencing over-night.

I wear NorthShores MEGAMAX diaper and that is based around my specific needs! Your needs at this time are likely less than mine! They will guide you in your choices. Regardless of level of night time volume, I strong recommend using a diaper cover (Plastic Pant). I use NorthShore's Trifecta Diaper Cover. The combination of both a diaper selected for your needs and a Diaper Cover will allow you to sleep in peace all night and wake-up in a dry Bed.
Oh sorry I wasn’t specific, I just get up to pee 4-5 times but I change the pad twice a day. I’ve seen my doctor and she’s referring to to someone who deals with bladders to see why it’s worsening. I’m just mainly frustrated about how many pads I go through, and how sometimes I can’t even stop myself from peeing. Sorry I didn’t give specifics but I appreciate you giving me advice and feedback.

Well, yes see the dr and if there is anything they can do.

As it is at night, pads are not going to make it very long and getting up 4-5 times a night isnt good for the sleep either.

I use the megamax all the time, and can easily get 8hrs in bed without a leak% of the time.

My suggestion is to contact north shore, get some samples of a regular diaper (megamax is my suggestion for night as not trying to be slim as it were). and maybe a pad or pullup for the day, depending on the amount you need, I'm IC and need all i can get when out of the house but also in a wheelchair and not trying to hide anything so i just use the megamax all the time, works for me and my situation.

The only thing i say is on the northshore products they run larger than most brands, so check the size charts for sure. AKA I use a med in north shore and a large in molicare.

But contact them and get a couple samples, they are good about samples and the staff is good give them the info about you and they will give suggestions.

Pick a daytime product and a nightime product, try them out, they are very good IMHO

Bigbabybret said:

As it is at night, pads are not going to make it very long and getting up 4-5 times a night isnt good for the sleep either.

I use the megamax all the time, and can easily get 8hrs in bed without a leak% of the time.

My suggestion is to contact north shore, get some samples of a regular diaper (megamax is my suggestion for night as not trying to be slim as it were). and maybe a pad or pullup for the day, depending on the amount you need, I'm IC and need all i can get when out of the house but also in a wheelchair and not trying to hide anything so i just use the megamax all the time, works for me and my situation.

The only thing i say is on the northshore products they run larger than most brands, so check the size charts for sure. AKA I use a med in north shore and a large in molicare.

But contact them and get a couple samples, they are good about samples and the staff is good give them the info about you and they will give suggestions.

Pick a daytime product and a nightime product, try them out, they are very good IMHO
Thank you so much! Do I just email them or is there something on the website to contact them and at this point I’m definitely thinking of trying anything. So far I haven’t heard from my doctor on the referral yet

Bigbabybret said:

Just ordered the samples they gave me. Thank you! Kinda nervous, my mom knows about my ic issues but I don’t know if she’ll ask about the charge on my card.

Last edited:
thatoneoddball said:
Just ordered the samples they gave me. Thank you! Kinda nervous, my mom knows about my ic issues but I don’t know if she’ll ask about the charge on my card.
Well if you need something you need it, not much more than that.

you have a dr appt for this stuff so even if she did, just say its personal

Reactions: thatoneoddball
Thanks! Sorry for all the questions

thatoneoddball said:
Thanks! Sorry for all the questions
No woory about questions, feel free.

Not much can say though about whay your mom might say, as dont have much/any background.

But as you say she knows about the issues, if you need some diapers/pads/pullups that is the best adult thing you can do to help keep things from getting ruined and/or help with the issues when there is a leak or alike.

Basically if you mom know your having issues, and you have an appointments, if she was to find out you got some samples and/or ordered some IC supplies to help with your IC i really cant think she would say much of anything and in fact would more than likely ask if you need any help with the costs or alike.

parents are VERY attuned to help thier kids for the most part (Yes there are exceptions) and usually as they are older are more likely to help out with things than anything else you think they might do, I've raised kids and no matter what if they need something i really wouldnt even take a second to help them in whatever way I can, or even any way I cant, have and will go without for them as well without a single regret in that.

But, you try out the stuff you got and see what works the best, I suggest that you use a tape on diaper for nightttime that just works the best, yes it's not a fashion statement, but neither is a wet bed, and having something thin that doesnt work as close as you can to 100% isnt work it. A megamax as example works very well, and to say go for a pullup doesnt work as well, it is not really less noticed in bed(as not that big a deal to hide anything under the covers), and the "advantage" of a pullup are sorta moot when it comes to 8 hours or so in bed and NOT at least wetting some, at least for me.

But, if you have questions, please post them and you will get answers, that is one the major things the site it very good at doing.

Bigbabybret said:
No woory about questions, feel free.

Not much can say though about whay your mom might say, as dont have much/any background.

But as you say she knows about the issues, if you need some diapers/pads/pullups that is the best adult thing you can do to help keep things from getting ruined and/or help with the issues when there is a leak or alike.

Basically if you mom know your having issues, and you have an appointments, if she was to find out you got some samples and/or ordered some IC supplies to help with your IC i really cant think she would say much of anything and in fact would more than likely ask if you need any help with the costs or alike.

parents are VERY attuned to help thier kids for the most part (Yes there are exceptions) and usually as they are older are more likely to help out with things than anything else you think they might do, I've raised kids and no matter what if they need something i really wouldnt even take a second to help them in whatever way I can, or even any way I cant, have and will go without for them as well without a single regret in that.

But, you try out the stuff you got and see what works the best, I suggest that you use a tape on diaper for nightttime that just works the best, yes it's not a fashion statement, but neither is a wet bed, and having something thin that doesnt work as close as you can to 100% isnt work it. A megamax as example works very well, and to say go for a pullup doesnt work as well, it is not really less noticed in bed(as not that big a deal to hide anything under the covers), and the "advantage" of a pullup are sorta moot when it comes to 8 hours or so in bed and NOT at least wetting some, at least for me.

But, if you have questions, please post them and you will get answers, that is one the major things the site it very good at doing.
Thanks! I know I’m an adult but I’m getting help with payments so that’s why I’m so worried 😅 to be honest she probably doesn’t even care and it’s just my nerves.

Reactions: Bigbabybret
Back