plastic backed or cloth backed?

ben0510

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
hi I an getting more n more in to the abdl scene, still have a few questions. mainly I want to know the pros n cons plastic backed vs cloth backed. I see on abu they list both. maybe its a just a matter of trying both and see which suits. any advice? thanks.

Reactions: KrankyPants and Angelapinks
Plastic for me. But sometimes if the fit isn’t right they can dig in a little on your legs
The Plastic doesn’t give like the cloth backed ones.
Cloth backed ones tend to sag and stretch over the time it’s worn so needs constant re adjusting of the tapes.
It usualy works out if you were bought up on plastic as a baby then that’s what you prefer
If it’s the later cloth backed ones you were bought up on then those might be your “go to” nappy/diaper

Plastic backed. The noise is part of the fun. Less leaks also.

Reactions: PaddedRita, theancientmariner, ReluctantAdult and 2 others
Plastic backed please! I find cloth ones are more prone to sagging, leaking and feeling damp long before they have reached maximum absorbency. Plus I’m an 80s baby so plastic is all I ever knew!

Reactions: DLinSecret, Deleted member 65224, theancientmariner and 3 others
Plastic backed hands down I'm incon and I figured out early on cloth backed suck and suck bad they stretch out and sag they don't contain odors they leak there just awful . Tried so so many different brands because I was told there better for your skin which I honestly don't believe any more. I avoid them like the plague. However I will say the attends premier we're about the best I tried and wow they were so soft it was like the softest felt on your tush and they absorbed quite a bit.

Reactions: soggybottoms8882, ReluctantAdult, Freddie07601 and 2 others
Plastic backed every single clothlike covered diaper I have ever tried has been an utter fail

Reactions: ReluctantAdult
plastic with sticky tapes all the way
cloth with Velcro always come undone

Reactions: ReluctantAdult, Freddie07601, ThickandComfy and 1 other person
Plastic Backed all the way. Every time I try a cloth backed, it seems to seep through the outer material and makes my clothes feel wet. Not sure why. Im sure Tykables, ABU, and Rearz are much higher quality than store brand cloth backed diapers.

Reactions: ReluctantAdult and Angelapinks
ben0510 said:
hi I an getting more n more in to the abdl scene, still have a few questions. mainly I want to know the pros n cons plastic backed vs cloth backed. I see on abu they list both. maybe its a just a matter of trying both and see which suits. any advice? thanks.
My preference is always plastic backed but then I have had a thing for plastic since and early age. I think it gives you added protection but worn with plastic or rubber pants it can get a bit hot in summer. I just grin and bare it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReluctantAdult
ben0510 said:
Plastic, Everything about them is just better:

1. Crinkle
  2. Feel
  3. Smell
  4. Look
  5. Tapes
  6. Odor Control
Cloth-backed ones tend to permeate liquid in my experience. They get this annoying lint on them too.

Reactions: Deleted member 65224, ReluctantAdult, warmfeeling and 4 others
plastic backed

Reactions: ReluctantAdult, warmfeeling and Angelapinks
I like cloth backed because the Velcro can be re-positioned.

Reactions: Chosen and BabyBluePup
oldpppants said:
I like cloth backed because the Velcro can be re-positioned.

You get velcro plastic backs now (idk why it took so long). Upgrade now 😜

Reactions: Angelapinks and Morrisdl
ben0510 said:
I look at Cloth back might be great in the daytime or when it is hot short term use. But plastic is back at night or when it is cold out. It keeps your rear warm.

For me, I instead use Plastic Back diapers Better overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and Morrisdl
Cloth backed but I’m not using daily. I think the cloth backing feels better but I can see the point to issues with order and dampness. Not every clothbacked has problems with dampness seeping out to the outer shell. I guess it all depends what you grew up with.

Reactions: Chosen and TigerDL
Plastic backed stays on and secure the best, but Abu has some good cloth backed 4 tape that stay on and breathe well

Reactions: PrincessNozomi
Plastic all the way. I have never found a cloth back fitted diaper that will stay tight on a active day. Loose around the legs means leaks. When they leak the outside cloth backing becomes wet and rubs a rash. Even if it is a small leak. If a plastic back does leak it dries fast and does not rub me raw. But plastic backs with a solid landing strip like mega max rearz and total dry x plus stay tight and never loosen. Even if I shimmy them down to take a poo they fill snug when pulled back up. No need to adjust multiple times a day. So for me it is plastic back Mega max rearz and total dry my 3 favorite plastic back in that order. I just feel far more secure in a plastic back diaper.

Reactions: Freddie07601, warmfeeling and PrincessNozomi
I wear both but much prefer plastic. I grew up during the time of plastic diapers. I love how smooth they feel and how they rustle. Also, plastic does not stretch out like cloth-like ones. I generally find that cloth-like backed ones get loose over time and need adjustments and most of the hook & loop tabs seem to lose their grip when refastening. I also feel that plastic leaks less. To me cloth-like ones feel soggy when wet but I don't really notice that with plastic. I would never consider going to bed in a cloth-backed disposable diaper. Now I do also wear cloth-like ones but that is usually reserved for the times when I need to be completely discreet (work, visiting friends & family). Most of those are completely undetectable under clothing. ABU does have some good ones. I usually wear the cloth backed Cushies. I also find that those hold up all day and do not stretch out.

Reactions: ReluctantAdult, warmfeeling and PrincessNozomi
Cloth are cheaper and more breathable for hot weather, plastic backed have better absorbancy, odor control, and warmer for cold weather.
Others are opinion based, such as look, feel, crinkles, tape fasteners, ect. All of which I personally prefer plastic backed strongly.

Reactions: diaperdude and warmfeeling
Lestat said:
I look at Cloth back might be great in the daytime or when it is hot short term use. But plastic is back at night or when it is cold out. It keeps your rear warm.

For me, I instead use Plastic Back diapers Better overall.
I also prefer plastic backed for extra protection but also because I am hooked on plastic.

Reactions: ReluctantAdult, Remo, warmfeeling and 1 other person
Back