Pain vs incontinence

Spudnick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hi, this is my first post here so if I'm breaking any rules or etiquette, lemme know.

I've been into ABDL stuff for about 20 years off and on but recently I've been needing diapers due to extreme overactive bladder and pain. It seems to come and go, doctors are pretty much stumped. I've tried lots of meds and nothing helps enough to make up for the side effects I usually get.

Recently, I've been getting massive flares. Terrible pain at the slightest hint of an urge, and I wear diapers just because I don't want to get up and go to the can 20+ times a day. These flares are few and far between, but they seem to be happening with more regularity now.

I was wondering, has anyone here ever had such a problem? How did you cope? Right now, and I know it sounds weird, but I would love to be incontinent during these spells. Pain sucks, and I'm already in a diaper so who cares? Has anyone found a medication or treatment that at the very least makes urination easier so I'm not struggling to push out pee every few minutes. It would be nice if I could just let it go.

Catheters are NOT an option. I had a very bad experience and they freak me the fuck out.

Reactions: diaperdude, Jorelaxed and Angelapinks
First I would go get a second opinion or even 3rd from different urologist.
Are you seeing urologists or just a GP?
I assume you've had urinalysis? cystoscopy? Incontinence diary?

Second as a life long IC guy don't wish to be IC it's not as much fun as it sounds.

Don't blame you not wanting caths I've done them too extremely painful and a UTI in the waiting.
Diapers are your best bet for now

Reactions: mayhem and Angelapinks
I'm not a doctor, but if your bladder is painful, it could be you're developing Interstitial Cystitis (the other IC)
I'd recommend getting a second opinion and ask them if they could test for symptoms of this.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: MaxxH and Angelapinks
Spudnick said:
Has anyone found a medication or treatment that at the very least makes urination easier so I'm not struggling to push out pee every few minutes. It would be nice if I could just let it go.
This could be a serious problem if you're unable to urinate without pushing it out. You should be able to release it without pushing. The other issue is pushing it out can worsen bladder symptoms, whatever their origin is. Something else might be going on here besides overactive bladder.

Hi and welcome Spudnick.

Last edited:
To reply to everyone, I'm on my third urologist. I'm on some prostate meds which help with daily urges a bit but I still pee more than the usual person. I've had a cystoscopy so cancer other other serious bladder problems have been ruled out. Urinalysis too. Yes, I could have Cystitis, but that's very hard to diagnose. Everything about me is hard to diagnose since the problems have been intermittent for four years, with downtime between flare-ups anywhere from 2 days to six months.

Spudnick said:
To reply to everyone, I'm on my third urologist. I'm on some prostate meds which help with daily urges a bit but I still pee more than the usual person. I've had a cystoscopy so cancer other other serious bladder problems have been ruled out. Urinalysis too. Yes, I could have Cystitis, but that's very hard to diagnose. Everything about me is hard to diagnose since the problems have been intermittent for four years, with downtime between flare-ups anywhere from 2 days to six months.
Thanks for all the updates
So enlarged prostate or gets inflamed?

Have you done a diary? See how often and when. As well as if your diet affects the issues. For me no caffeine no added salt. Everyone is different though

SparkyDog said:
Thanks for all the updates
So enlarged prostate or gets inflamed?

Have you done a diary? See how often and when. As well as if your diet affects the issues. For me no caffeine no added salt. Everyone is different though

I appreciate the questions, but the condition is most likely chronic. I've done all these things. The only thing that makes it worse is caffeine, but that doesn't trigger it. probably related to either my prostate or my fibromyalgia. I'm just looking for ways to cope with flares that don't involve opiates, which seem to be the only thing that works now.

Spudnick said:
Hi, this is my first post here so if I'm breaking any rules or etiquette, lemme know.

I've been into ABDL stuff for about 20 years off and on but recently I've been needing diapers due to extreme overactive bladder and pain. It seems to come and go, doctors are pretty much stumped. I've tried lots of meds and nothing helps enough to make up for the side effects I usually get.

Recently, I've been getting massive flares. Terrible pain at the slightest hint of an urge, and I wear diapers just because I don't want to get up and go to the can 20+ times a day. These flares are few and far between, but they seem to be happening with more regularity now.

I was wondering, has anyone here ever had such a problem? How did you cope? Right now, and I know it sounds weird, but I would love to be incontinent during these spells. Pain sucks, and I'm already in a diaper so who cares? Has anyone found a medication or treatment that at the very least makes urination easier so I'm not struggling to push out pee every few minutes. It would be nice if I could just let it go.

Catheters are NOT an option. I had a very bad experience and they freak me the fuck out.

I have something similar. I have neurogenic bladder. I have 0 - 30 seconds at the most before I lose control. If I try to hold it, I get sever discomfort and sometimes pain that lasts for several minutes. I simply just try to let it out if I'm able to hold it it rather than experience the pain and/or discomfort. There is Flomax that helps make urination easier and I was on that for a while. But it made my nose run like crazy and I would sometimes pass out if I got up too fast.

• Thinking
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
Spudnick said:
I appreciate the questions, but the condition is most likely chronic. I've done all these things. The only thing that makes it worse is caffeine, but that doesn't trigger it. probably related to either my prostate or my fibromyalgia. I'm just looking for ways to cope with flares that don't involve opiates, which seem to be the only thing that works now.
Oh you have FM
that explains everything then
My mom has that. It's rough
sorry. Hope you have some good days

SparkyDog said:
Oh you have FM
that explains everything then
My mom has that. It's rough
sorry. Hope you have some good days

I have good days and bad days. I made the mistake of not wearing on a good day and ended up in an embarrassing situation. Lesson learned. But bad days are really bad days. Feels like every damn second you have to pee badly and can't/nothing comes out and people notice facial expressions and body language.

Reactions: SparkyDog
mayhem said:
I have good days and bad days. I made the mistake of not wearing on a good day and ended up in an embarrassing situation. Lesson learned. But bad days are really bad days. Feels like every damn second you have to pee badly and can't/nothing comes out and people notice facial expressions and body language.

Yeah, its the worst. I've only come close to a full-on accident once, so I don't wear diapers on good days, which are thankfully most days. And even on bad days it's more of an issue of comfort than losing control. Have you done anything to make relief easier on those days? It's really annoying because even if I wear diapers I still have to stand up to pee. My friends know my situation and they're understanding but it's really embarrassing to stand up and pee in my diaper 10 times during a movie! Again, not the end of the world or anything but I wish it was easier to let go in those situations.

Spudnick said:
Have you done anything to make relief easier on those days?

I just try to let it out. Even after all the years that I've had this issue, I still have the reflex to try and stop it.

mayhem said:
I have something similar. I have neurogenic bladder. I have 0 - 30 seconds at the most before I lose control. If I try to hold it, I get sever discomfort and sometimes pain that lasts for several minutes. I simply just try to let it out if I'm able to hold it it rather than experience the pain and/or discomfort. There is Flomax that helps make urination easier and I was on that for a while. But it made my nose run like crazy and I would sometimes pass out if I got up too fast.
I am on Flowmax (Finasteride) and Tansulosin and it does make my nose run as well (it seems in my right nostril more than the left for some odd reason). The lower blood pressure makes it important that you don't get up too fast. In the morning I roll into a sitting position on the bed and stay that way for a time before getting up. Else I get dizzy.

Reactions: mayhem
Wen3diaper said:
Ready to live with my incontance sure nice at wearing a diaper and let nature happen now with arthritis not able to get to rest rome at stores most times are closed or full or being cleaned.
The pandemic certainly made this difficult. I eventually found out that I had also became unable to "hold it" with urge incontinence. So over time I had to "make friends with diapers" and have got used to it when out doing errands. I barely think about it anymore. It's more like "oops, I wet". That is far less stressful than trying to hold it and wondering where you can find a washroom.

Reactions: RoseofThorns and Fleetwoodmac32192
Back