Paci advise

lilzander382

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I am looking for more paci advise.

I cannot stand quote adult size pacis because one, they cause me to gauge, and two they all decompress and require a pulling the backing off to fill them back up again. They are all cheaply made and don't do the job like real baby paci's do.

I used to like nuk size 3 for about 20 years, but then I discovered Mam paci's for the past couple of years. I love the Mam 18+ months pacis.

Can anyone suggest a paci similar to the Mam

36 month chicco pacifier is kinda bigger than other baby pacifiers.

I love the tommee tippee 18-36m soothers, they are bigger than the mam ones but a comfortable good fit unlike the adult ones!

I like the (little for big) pacifier off of Amazon, But my favorite is still the NUK 5 from Germany.

My advice is to get a GOOD adult pacifier instead, one that will fit properly in your mouth and will properly inflate when you suck them. Get this with the orthodontic size 7 teat (latex is MUCH better if you're not allergic) and you won't be disappointed: https://www.adultpacifier.com/customizable-modified-adult-guard.html

Note that the crappy ones that won't inflate can be "fixed" by putting a hole in the back ring to allow them to breathe, but nothing will fix a crappy design.

simba thumb shaped pacifiers are also on the bigger side and comfortable in my opinion.

I used a push pin to carefully work a hole into my LFB Adult paci because I was having that issue. It doesn't stay as fat but it inflates and deflates properly like a regular paci does. Pay attention to the stem that holds the nipple, you want to have the hole come through the inside it for a proper vent--if you look carefully at the back you may see a faint outline of the stem.. I know I've mentioned it before but it is a real game-changer--I don't know why some companies don't have a vent in their pacis since that's how the baby ones work.

If that doesn't work then try looking at the larger baby ones. Is there anyone out there that makes an intermediate size between the larger baby ones and the adult sizes?

Paci Mod.png

Last edited:
shady1up said:
I like the (little for big) pacifier off of Amazon, But my favorite is still the NUK 5 from Germany.
The little for big Pacis are amazing

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Your paci will last longer if you remember that the device is a sucker and not a teether.
Of course it does he help if the paci is made of sufficient material to fend of that teething.

If you like the mam originals, you might also want to give the mam perfect line a try. The mam originals make my teeth ache after a while, but the mam perfects have a slimmer stem, so they don't press on your teeth so much.

Since you liked the nuk ones, maybe have a look at the nuk5, also known as nuk medic pro? They inflate and deflate like regular baby pacifiers, but are made for bigger kids/adults. But at the same time they're not as long as other adult pacifiers, so they might not make you gag as much. I assume the other ones you have do that because they're too long? The nuk medic pro is a bit too small for me, so it might be just right for you.

Otherwise, I second PaddedDeist's advice: Take a needle (heat it over a candle flame, if possible) and poke a hole in the button, it'll make a world of difference.

babylock1 said:
Your paci will last longer if you remember that the device is a sucker and not a teether.
Of course it does he help if the paci is made of sufficient material to fend of that teething.
Are there adult teethers?

Back