Overheard at Airport

akm44

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was filling up my water bottle the other day in Dallas airport and a dad was coming out of the mens room with his daughter, around age 5. They go up to the mom who has a baby in the stroller and the dad says "there weren't any stalls open." The mom tells the daughter "do you want to just go in your pull-up and we can change you when we get home?" at which point I was already walking away.

I've read about these situations on this site before, but never actually heard a parent say that. Personally, it seems it could be detrimental to the child if they are allowed to use a diaper when already potty trained. And also lazy on the parents end; could you not have waited 2 minutes for a stall to open (they were in no rush to get to a flight)?

Thoughts?

Reactions: AJFan2020, nou2019 and ThickandComfy
People are lazy. After a child is four years old if they are still in diapers it's either the parents fault or the child has issues. Most parents have no idea that their child could develop a diaper fetish during childhood. Chances are that little girl will not have a diaper fetish later in life. However that doesn't excuse the fact that the little girl should've been wearing panties instead of a diaper and they aren't doing her any favors by letting her wear diapers that close to kindergarten where she should be potty trained like the rest of the class.

If you had a daughter would you want her to developmentally delayed or would you want her to be properly matured to mentally fit in with her peers?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: mayhem and 12srepaid
Hi akm44

There’s no way of knowing for sure, but if a child has bedwetting issues, it’s often the case that they may wear diapers or pull-ups for long trips during the day, just in case they need some added protection. It may be that the parents are lazy, but it’s more likely that the child has bedwetting issues and the parents are preventing a case of wet pants.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace

Reactions: AJFan2020, Jim100, 12srepaid and 1 other person
My girlfriend was a bedwetter into her teens and had trouble potty training and staying dry during the day. She actually mentioned this to me, of how her parents would have her wear a pull up when they would drive long distances. She recalls of using it once, so, it doesn't shock me if the little girl did. But we also must remember we don't know the little girl's medical history, so she may need to wear

Dinotopian2002 said:
Hi akm44

There’s no way of knowing for sure, but if a child has bedwetting issues, it’s often the case that they may wear diapers or pull-ups for long trips during the day, just in case they need some added protection. It may be that the parents are lazy, but it’s more likely that the child has bedwetting issues and the parents are preventing a case of wet pants.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace

Good point, I would wager that was the case.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and 12srepaid
My fetish is for wearing plastic pants and I’ve had it ever since I can remember as an infant. When I was about 3 or 4 the elderly woman that my folks had for my babysitter caught me in her bathroom wearing plastic pants under my clothes. She was quite upset with me for doing this. I was a bed wetter until I was 9 or 10 and I remember trying to talk mom into getting me plastic pants for my nighttime problem and her telling me she didn’t think they would help without diapers. The feeling of the plastic against my skin seems to be what excited me and diapers wouldn’t support this feeling so I was definitely against being padded back then. During puberty my affinity for plastic pants grew stronger as I found a new use for them and continued with bing and purge behavior until about 4 years ago. Due to a spinal injury followed by a seizure I began experiencing incontinence and with the help of my home healthcare worker began wearing and accepting diapers for their design purpose. Now I’m pretty much a DL but it all began with my love of plastic pants which is something I would’ve liked to asked my folks about but they’re both gone now so I’ll have to remain curious.

Reactions: Jim100
Although I have no recollection of it myself, my mother tells me that both she and my dad did at times tell me to go in my nappy if I needed a wee and there was no toilet readily available, or perhaps we were travelling in the car and there was no place to stop. Back then, it was plastic pants and a cloth nappy. Disposables were too expensive for my mum to put me in them on a regular basis, and I'm not sure that pull-ups had been invented.

I grew up a bedwetter well into my teens (little change there, then!!! :giggle:), and following an incident when I fell asleep in my dad's company car and wet myself all over the back seat, he told my mum that she was to put me in a nappy whenever we went out in the car, even if it was only a short journey to the shops, and I was put in a nappy whenever we travelled a long distance, whether it was by car, bus, train or plane; this continued until I was about 12 years old.

As to whether or not it contributed to or caused my love of nappies in later life, I am really not sure. I know that at the time, I didn't like having to wear a nappy during the day; however, it was certainly not wise to disobey my father. And I can certaily recall not even bothering to tell my parents if I needed a wee; I would simply wet myself without even trying to hold it. Maybe my parents making me wear a nappy during the day led to my liking for nappies now, maybe not; I really don't know. But I don't think that my parents were lazy as far as potty training me was concerned. My dad was more concerned with preventing me from peeing in his precious car, and mum went along with him simply to keep the peace.

It reminds me of a time long ago when I was at SeaWorld in Florida, I was probably 10 or 11 at the time (maybe a bit younger, I dont remember the year it happened) and I was with my family at the Arena area where they had "Shamu" perform in the Giant tank and you could sit and watch

A mother was talking to her son (idk exact age, but I would reckon to guess probably 3-5 years old roughly) and the Boy wanted to go to the bathroom to use the Potty

But the mom didn't want to get out of her seat to take him, so she just said for him to use his Pull-Ups

Its was before the show had even started and I think if the mother wanted to she could have taken him to the bathroom, but just didnt feel like it

Probably because of the long walk from the Arena seating to the floor level, to however far away a bathroom could have been

I think it's an important thing for a parent to stick with it; either do Potty Training 100% or wait on it if theres time to before the Kid has to enter school and the school requires Potty Training

It would be awful to send mixed messages that "it's okay to use your Pull-Up/Diaper when its convenient for "me" "

And then at other times it's not okay for the child to do so

Theres Disabilities of course though; so you cant always point to "Laziness" alone and I understand Diapering a child because they may get tired, fall asleep,and wet themselves.

Reactions: AJFan2020, 12srepaid and akm44
I was actually in diapers till about 6 , maybe thats where my diaper fetish starts lol

It's no one's business as to why she is wearing a nappy/pull-up. Like others have said there's many reasons. Also children who are trained or are going through training can be taught what nappies are for and that it's okay to use them when wearing but using the toilet when not.

Reactions: AJFan2020, 12srepaid and Spidermanbatman
CookieMonstah said:
It's no one's business as to why she is wearing a nappy/pull-up. Like others have said there's many reasons. Also children who are trained or are going through training can be taught what nappies are for and that it's okay to use them when wearing but using the toilet when not.

Exactly this. I recently came back from an extended trip to Disney/Universal with my kids, and my youngest was either in a diaper or pull-up during the trip. For one thing, he still wets while sleeping, so falling asleep in a stroller in the parks, or on a bus or monorail, etc. would otherwise mean he'd be in wet pants. He's also one of those kids who tends to wait until the last minute to go, especially if caught up in something. Again, being on a ride, bus, monorail, boat, skyliner, etc (all of which can be delayed while in transit, too) with a child who suddenly has to go and you're not in a position near a bathroom? I'd rather deal with changing a diaper/pull-up than leaving a potential mess for someone to clean up and for the next guest.

We came home and he went back to wearing underwear and using the bathroom no problem. We'll be taking another trip in about a month, and I won't hesitate to do the same thing.

Reactions: AJFan2020, Jim100 and 12srepaid
abdlboy89 said:
People are lazy. After a child is four years old if they are still in diapers it's either the parents fault or the child has issues. Most parents have no idea that their child could develop a diaper fetish during childhood. Chances are that little girl will not have a diaper fetish later in life. However that doesn't excuse the fact that the little girl should've been wearing panties instead of a diaper and they aren't doing her any favors by letting her wear diapers that close to kindergarten where she should be potty trained like the rest of the class.

If you had a daughter would you want her to developmentally delayed or would you want her to be properly matured to mentally fit in with her peers?

This is an absolutely ignorant post. In this day and age both parents probably work full time and cannot focus on potty training. The day care isn't necessarily going to assist with potty training either. Did you even take a moment to think about that or did you just post your uninformed opinion?

Reactions: Jim100, Lyokodl and 12srepaid
I still remember my mum asking me to wear a diaper when I was around 8 years old and had stomach virus or something. It really enhanced a lot of feelings around this as I in even earlyer age had fantasies about wearing again.

Back