Over active bladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I want to preface this with; I know that this isn’t the place for medical advice but I just want to ask a few questions.

How do you know if you’re irregular? Sometimes my bladder is really active and I don’t know how often I should go or if it’s an issue but:

Sometimes I have to go every 30 minuets or every hour. Sometimes I’ll be fine too for a while.

This morning was a good example, I went to the bathroom at 0700, but then by 0730 I had to go again, I tried to hold it but by 0750 I caved and HAD to get to the bathroom. It honestly sucks. Today I had one black coffee at 0400 and then a caffeinated polar sparkling water at 0630ish.

I just feel like I have to go pretty often sometimes back to back.😰

Last edited:
Assuming you are healthy and have no medical issues, basically what you eat and drink and the quantity of what you eat and drink determines fluctuations in urine production. A large meal, salt, etc, will cause the body to retain water to deal with the bulk in the intestinal tract or deal with the electrolyte imbalance. Once the body rebalances, the excess water is excreted. Too much fluids or diuretics, i.e., caffeine, will cause temporary excess urination, and also potentially cause an electrolyte imbalance.

When you need to void every 30 minutes, is your bladder full each time? If so, then your bladder is fine... your kidneys are working overtime to dump excess fluid. So then you need to think about what you've been eating and/or drinking the last 24 hours. The caffeine you ingest is a diuretic; it makes you dump water. Literally dump. That black coffee may have gotten you to the tipping point and the caffeinated polar sparkling water took you over the edge. Caffeine is also considered a bladder irritant, so the urge to pee may have been stronger though your bladder wasn't entirely full.

If you're concerned, keep a food, beverage, and voiding diary, and see if correlations show up. If there are no correlations, then see a urologist and take your diary.

Reactions: mickdl and Beowulf
Or at least discuss it with your GP.

Reactions: Beowulf
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back