Ordering ladies underwear.

ben0510

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
HI all. I've seen on the internet some ladies underwear that I like. but I'm not sure what size I need. ie 14 16 etc. I am 5'8'' with a 34 waist. used to be 36waist but lost a bit of weight. thats anotther story. so can someone plz tell me which size to go for?. any help appreciated.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks and JustC
Lingerie changes the fit a bit between brands and also important is the hips size. If the store you are checking doesn't have a size chart, usually you would be between size 16 or 18. I'd suggest going bigger as the fit doesn't take into account the "bottom parts".

You probably will have to buy a couple of them before finding the right fit, you can also start cheap to test and then buy the more expensive ones.
Also there are some companies that creates panties for sissies but I don't any link with me now. You can find it in some threads here in this forum.

Hope have helped.

Reactions: GabyinPurple, babylock1, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
Ooh, share what you're looking at, who doesn't love pantie shopping!!

Reactions: GabyinPurple, Seasonedcitizen and Angelapinks
yolandabelle said:
Lingerie changes the fit a bit between brands and also important is the hips size. If the store you are checking doesn't have a size chart, usually you would be between size 16 or 18. I'd suggest going bigger as the fit doesn't take into account the "bottom parts".

You probably will have to buy a couple of them before finding the right fit, you can also start cheap to test and then buy the more expensive ones.
Also there are some companies that creates panties for sissies but I don't any link with me now. You can find it in some threads here in this forum.

Hope have helped.
thanks for the reply. I will order some and if they fit nicely and are as pretty as the ones advertised, I shall maybe post a few pics on here of me wearing them.

yolandabelle said:

Hope have helped.
Hi mate I’m a 34 inch and I wear size 12 to 14 but can vary on where you buy them from

muscleplastic said:
Hi mate I’m a 34 inch and I wear size 12 to 14 but can vary on where you buy them from
That's because your hip size might be more important than waist. I usually take victoria's secret or hunkemoller size chart as most of underwear stores tries to mimic their shaping.
34in = 86cm

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 14.11.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 14.11.40.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Angelapinks
ben0510 said:
HI all. I've seen on the internet some ladies underwear that I like. but I'm not sure what size I need. ie 14 16 etc. I am 5'8'' with a 34 waist. used to be 36waist but lost a bit of weight. thats anotther story. so can someone plz tell me which size to go for?. any help appreciated.
I am not too familiar with UK sizing now but I always wore Girls size Large or 14-16 from Marks & Spencers when I shopped for panties/ knickers in the UK. My waist size was about the same as yours then but I also did not have a very big butt. I think Hip size is a bit more important than waist size.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and PaddedRita
yolandabelle said:

Hope have helped.
I agree.
Buy cheep to test sizes.
Note, my experience tells me that if the panties are coming from China, be safe and order 1 or 2 sizes larger than you would normally get.
I ended up tossing out 10 panties because their idea of XL, was more like a tight M.
The good news is, they were so inexpensive, it didn't really hurt to simply chuck them.
BTW - quality appeared to be very acceptable in spite of the size issue.
Dependonme

Reactions: GabyinPurple and Angelapinks
Ok, this will not be the most comprehensive guide to garment sizing but let's go.

There are 3 measurements that are important to know:
- waist (measure around the belly button);
- upper hips (measure around right above your hip bones);
- hips (measure around the largest part of your buttocks and legs).

And there are 4 kinds of underwear that you need to pay attention to each measurement
- thongs, strings (g-, t-, ... ): the important measurement is upper hips as they sit above your hip bones ;
- tangas and bikini bottoms: upper hips and hips are more important;
- control briefs and pantaloons: hips and waist as they usually go very high;
- the rest(classic, hipster, etc.): hips size.

As female clothing has different shaping, where waist and hips are very discrepant, when sissies tries to find the perfect fit for panties or jeans they tend to focus on waist instead of hips. Know the garment that you buying and I'd suggest to use the table that I posted before for your guidance.

Happy shopping!

I have about the same size waist as you. In women's size I'd go for 12-14 UK size. Almost all the time I wear girl's 14-16. If I were in the UK I'd be heading for M&S. Their plain white knickers in size 15-16 are out of stock on line but maybe you can still get them in the shop.

TrickCyclist said:
I have about the same size waist as you. In women's size I'd go for 12-14 UK size. Almost all the time I wear girl's 14-16. If I were in the UK I'd be heading for M&S. Their plain white knickers in size 15-16 are out of stock on line but maybe you can still get them in the shop.
I still have two pairs of M&S white pointelle panties with a pink ribbon at the waist. The pointelle fabric has little perforations in the pattern of hearts all over the fabric and lace at the waist and leg holes. I love these and bought them in the UK many years ago. They still fit but a little tight so If I sat quickly I may tear out the side seams. I loved all the M&S panties I bought as they are so cute and well made. Some of mine are 25 years old.

Reactions: TrickCyclist and OnePiece
Here in the US, HerRoom.com is a very good online source for lingerie (there are others, but I have had excellent experiences here). They are very male friendly, and if you go online with a question, you will be helped in finding your size in all things lingerie, including shapeware. As for panties, i go to the size chart for the brand of pantie l am interested in, and go by the hip size that is closest to my hips. The waist typically will stretch enough that they are not binding nor too too tight. If your waist measurement is larger thatn your hip measurement you will probably want to use the charts waist size instead of the hip size. If you want to buy from a local store, you can still get an idea of the proper size by looking at the size charts. If you are new to panties, the advice to buy inexpensive panties is very good until you find “your” size, and style, that will usually be the same across all brands. Good luck in your search, and once you find the size and style(s) you like, you very likely will never go back to mens underwear because the fit is so much better, and more comfortable than the male stuff. YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: TenaciousDL and Angelapinks
5"08" and hover around 144lbs. Measure a 33" waist and never bothered with the hips. Let's face it most ladies carry their weight in the hips and we men in the belly so for me that takes priority. I find a size 7 does well for me. My wife is a little larger than I and gets her knickers from M&S via her mum who still lives there. IIRC the last pr of hers I tried were a 14 and they fit well too. There's generally enough give in these that they'll fit a bit of different shapes. I'm lucky as I go to the local WalMart and get everything they carry in the 7-9 size regardless of style.

I'll second ACDEF's recommendation of Her Room. They are very helpful and have a wide range of offerings.

*Ordering Ladies Underwear*
I presume that you are going to do this by internet mail order eBay ? ? ?
If you would do this in person at a retail store big box retailer you will have a better chance to get the size right.
Measure your well fitting jockey briefs (boxers won't work as well) -
Then try to match up your measurements with a single panty or a package of more than one -
If the packaging is sealed look on the package somewhere for the sizing info -
Caution due to the hygenic matter of under garments don't open packages without approval
The first couple of times as noted in previous posts buy something cheap until you get somewhere in the ball park
for the fitting zone. Leave the expensive custom stuff for later when you are sure of the fit
Ordering by mail order etc. look for the measurement charts of lingerie - browse the internet for these charts -
With eBay look ask demand the measurements if not part of the description - OH and if there is some doubt
inquire about the return and shipping charges - Asian clothing maybe cheap but to return it almost impossible.
Some sellers are more liberal in their return policy while in general under garments are not returnable -
GET THE SIZE AND FIT RIGHT !

I like to order pink disposable ladies incontinence panties with thick padding with water proof vinyl with frilly lace lovely xx

In my experience..

China sizes run small, of course. I'm a US M and a china small (notice how I won't capitalize china haha)
Big brand names and such tend to run kind of big in my experience. I have a ton of cute stuff I bought that ended up just being too big. No idea what to do with it, wish I had someone to give it to or something. I Might even be a US S and a china XS, I'm honestly not sure yet lol
Boyshort-style is my new favorite thing, very forgiving with the boy parts and very snug, and you can get away with a slightly-too-small size with them.

..My latest goal is to find something like boyshorts in the front and thong in the back. This is very, very hard to find with a cute print for some reason >_<

Reactions: GabyinPurple
The Pink disposable pink incontinence panties I wear have heavy padding front back & bottom you even notice with a dress on sticking out a little at the back I like to go to Tesco dressed like that go to the women hygiene aisle so other women see me put them in my basket xx

Back