One day I will be brave enough...

LilPaddedBunny said:
Usually they come in a discreet brown box and nobody would know what's inside. The only issue you might have is if you share your residence with others. If they're the type to open your mail you could arrange for the package to be dropped off somewhere else. Sometimes couriers have drop off locations, or you might be able to get the package delivered to the post office instead of your house.
True that. Trying to arrange a "will-call" pick-up, specifying that to the vendor upon order, can help. Not sure if that's done anymore in this day & age of Amazon lockers...not sure if FedEx, UPS, et al, will do that anymore. 🤔

Before it was easy to buy online, I would buy adult diapers at Wal-Mart. I was young (early 20s) so I hoped people who saw Depends in my cart would think they were for a grandparent. I was more desperate to wear diapers than I was afraid that someone would suspect I wore diapers.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
LittleAndAlone said:
Just casually throw them in your cart when you are grocery shopping. Flank with cereal boxes and stuff if it bothers you. Self checkout. Done.
Self checkout, done!
Self checkout at Walmart? Done but also arrested! Done! 😆😅🤣

Reactions: Babyjohn57 and BobbiSueEllen
My first diaper purchase at Walmart in 2009 was nerve wracking but more or less because of what I thought I would be perceived as doing it but honestly except for a weird look from a kid and an older couple, I never thought much about it again. The cashier was just like oh ok and nothing else. Nobody much will care unless you draw attention to yourself

Cutiedan83 said:
My first diaper purchase at Walmart in 2009 was nerve wracking but more or less because of what I thought I would be perceived as doing it but honestly except for a weird look from a kid and an older couple, I never thought much about it again. The cashier was just like oh ok and nothing else. Nobody much will care unless you draw attention to yourself
But once I got them home and ripped the bag open and put one on, I was like aaaahh I get it now

• Love
As a former retail employee for over 10 years, I can 100% say that the cashier doesn't even notice what they are scannign most of the time, they look at it long enough to find the barcode. As long as you are polite, don't try to cause problems (like trying to use an expired coupon for example) and have basic manners, you will be forgotten shortly after the transaction is over. Treat it like any other trip to the store and you're fine.

The employees are more likely to notice (and talk about later) someone who casues problems or makes a scene.

And, as previously stated, that is the nice thing about pretty much all larger retailers moving to self-checkout, you're pretty much anonymous.

I dont worry about buying diapers in the stores anymore , theres really nothing left of any interest to me diaper wise. All I see on the shelves nowadays are crappy Depends ,loads of discreet cloth underwear, pads and as far as baby diapers go I cant fit into any of them anyways. Baby diapers are just clothlike cartoony pull ups now ....If the old school thick white plastic diapers were on the shelves still it would be a different story but those types are long gone now. I get all my thick plastic diapers online now so theres no longer bravery needed to shop the stores for diapers for me.

In the 70's, 80's, and 90's there was no "online" and one would plan to buy several miles away, if not cities away, have your "my elder father is staying with me stories ready, and start to learn what stores had interesting diapers, and not depends. There was a store 12 miles away with 3 tab Attends. Worth the trip but just as nerve wracking as trying to buy booze in a State Store at 17, or get served at a bar when under 21, or buy diaper storybooks at an adult book store. Never knew if you really needed all those practiced lines, but after awhile it felt like you could bluff any poker player with that expressionless stare at the cashier (" go on, just say something"). Getting in the car after was like winning the lottery or being kissed on a first date. Makes you wonder if as part of training, FBI agents were told to buy diapers in pharmacies. J Edgar would have (really) loved that.

Internet dos take almost all the worry out of purchase, but sometimes there is a rip in the package.

Back