• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Newer Incontinent.

leek

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
As a senior, the situation is becoming several times a week rather than only once or twice per month. Will be talking with my doctor about this.
Would like to hear from others with the same condition. Interests include traveling, reading, cooking, and coffee shops. Hope to hear from all.

Reactions: BigAl2, Jorelaxed, Edgewater and 1 other person
Welcome to the site
Glad you will be speaking with your doctor about this.
I can't relate to your exact situation but it's a wonderful community full of knowledgeable people going through all sorts of different kinds of incontinence.

• Love
Reactions: BigAl2, Jorelaxed, Edgewater and 1 other person
Welcome to the surprising World of Incontinence! You are likely experiencing Urinary Incontinence, which around here is short handed referred to as UIC or U-IC. Being both is IC or FIC (F-IC).

I have been U-IC for 46 years now and have long ago, come to accepting being urinary incontinent. At the wonderful age of 75, I find that I am spending time with friends and family members, who like you, are joining this ever growing group of thousands of others entering this variation of life!

Really short and to the point: We are very lucky today, as the ability to 'limiting' the effects of being incontinent is huge. Everything from medication, to exercise, to physical therapy, surgeries and even a wide cross-section of disposable products. It all really starts with seeing your doctor as defining what is 'likely' causing your specific type of incontinence can help define what can or should be used to allow you to enjoy your life and everything you enjoy doing!

A couple of warnings: The vast majority of medications available come with long lists of side-effects that can be worst then what they are attempting to limit! Remembering the vast majority were created to help with other medical issues, not U-IC!

Welcome and be welcomed to this unique World of ADISC!
A truly wonderful place as near everyone here is likely wearing a diaper!

The Incontinent Forum is a wonderful place as those members who are incontinent come from a very wide cross-section of the vast variations of types of incontinence.

Again, Welcome!!

• Love
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, BigAl2, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
leek said:
As a senior, the situation is becoming several times a week rather than only once or twice per month. Will be talking with my doctor about this.
Would like to hear from others with the same condition. Interests include traveling, reading, cooking, and coffee shops. Hope to hear from all.
WELCOME!
You’ll be hard pressed to find a better all-around resource than this!!
Explore around.

Reactions: BigAl2, Jorelaxed, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Hello and welcome to the community. Thank you for the introduction. I'm not IC but there are others here that are. I hope you find the support you need here.

Reactions: BigAl2, Jorelaxed, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Hello and Welcome

Reactions: Edgewater and BigAl2
Welcome to ADISC leek, I hope that your doctor will have good news for you.
Take care.

Reactions: Edgewater and BigAl2
Welcome

Back