New to diapers have questions

lilmisskitty said:
Thanks I always wondered if the fine powder was a risk. I won’t be using that again Tysm
For brands I can recommend Northshore, Megamax for Tape diapers, for Pullups their GoSupremes are Decent (When i wet on purpose I do so pretty heavy so I stick to Megamax)

Recently I have tried Rearz which may be my preferred Actual ABDL brand but Functionality wise Definitely Northshore if you want Function over Look U don't have much of a Little side (Despite getting onesies, pacies and even now a decent glass bottle) So when I get diapers I just get the plain white Megamax because I prefer it being able to Hold up to me.

Edit (Now that I see you're in the UK Idk if Northshore ships outside US Through Amazon maybe? Idk but Rearz definitely would ship anywhere)

Last edited:
In regards to 3.: As others mentioned, loose fitting clothes are a good choice, but if you're wearing pants, make sure your top is long enough to go past your waistline (even when you move) or wear a bodysuit underneath to bridge that gap

lilmisskitty said:
I am a girl and new to wearing a diaper and I have a few questions

1: If I poo in my diaper are there risks of getting a Uti? that is my main concern

2: are you supposed to use powder?

3: how to hide the fact that I’m wearing a diaper when away from home, I obviously can’t wear leggings because it would be a dead giveaway

4: what’s the easiest way to clean up and how long can I leave it until I change?

5: if I pee is there much chance it will leak?

Slightly different opinion than some here:

1. Agree that there are risks but they are minimal if you clean up right away. Think about baby girls. They don't necessarily get UTIs...

2. With a good quality diaper that you change when wet it's an unnecessary annoyance. In addition to the disputable medical issues, there are this issues of getting powder on the tapes/plastic of the diaper, on your clothes, etc.

3. Agree with the recommendation that thin are less noticeable... but the essential trade off here is that your question #3,4, and 5 and are all interrelated. If you wear a thin pull-up or thin diaper (in the UK Attends Slip 8, Tena Slip Plus, and Tena Pants are all very easy to get, very good and very thin), you really need to change after each wetting or the wet spot on your pants will be very noticeable. (Note that if you are a heavy wetter the Tena Pants may not be enough but either of the Slips will be). If you choose the ABDL diapers, they're going to protect you through multiple wettings but they are all going to give a noticeable bulge and possibly a crinkle. Compression underwear helps.

4. Just wet wipes and plastic bags mentioned above. Changing frequency is a personal choice. For me, as soon as I wet or (in the rare event) soil, I am looking for a way to change.

5. With a diaper wetting once 0% chance. With a diaper wetting 3 times... it depends on the diaper... anywhere from 5%-100%. With a pull-up and one wetting <1% chance.

Good luck, welcome, and let us know how it goes.

Reactions: lilmisskitty
lilmisskitty said:
I think my first step is going to be sample packs until I figure out the right size I’m thinking large might be the right size but not sure yet. I did look on Amazon and Etsy but Amazon mostly only go medium or large

I would suggest that you use a cloth measuring tape to get your waist and hip measurements and use the larger one as your basis for comparison.

It will pay to look closely at the sizing of different styles - they can differ, even within the same brand.

I think that it's an excellent idea to get samples (ideally packs of 2 for a fair trial) so you won't waste money on a larger pack of diapers which won't work for you.

Don't get discouraged if it takes you a little while to get used to properly taping the tabs.

I live in the US and don't know what your budget is, but I think that NorthShore Megamax are available in the UK and I consider them a go-to. They are available (at least in the US) in 5 different colors, so you should have some choices.

YakuKitsu said:
I may not be from UK but I also was pretty surprised when I noticed that even Amazon has them in stock.
Yup, I just got my Little For Big nappies on there

H
lilmisskitty said:
I am a girl and new to wearing a diaper and I have a few questions

1: If I poo in my diaper are there risks of getting a Uti? that is my main concern

2: are you supposed to use powder?

3: how to hide the fact that I’m wearing a diaper when away from home, I obviously can’t wear leggings because it would be a dead giveaway

4: what’s the easiest way to clean up and how long can I leave it until I change?

5: if I pee is there much chance it will leak?
i n welcome and we are sll new to nappies at times.

Messy poo I guess is the case if you do or need too advisable to change to a fresh nappy as soon as you can, especially being a girly keeping your fairy clean n cleaning yourself correctly n having baby wipes handy too as well as nappy bags to dispose it in too.

Talc, I never use although smells lovely but sure can cause issues too.

As for hiding you nappy or fact your wearing guess being a girl a skirt as good option or loosely fitting jeans or trousers possibly with longer tops to hide possibility of diapers showing above waist bands,

Changing is of course advisable to find a quiet private area or of course at home. Needing to change whilst out is harder so guess baby change rooms or disabled toilet facilities if you can. Or toilet cubicle but then disposing of used wet diapers harder although guess women have bins in cubicles for sanitary products to use.

As for leaks, guess well fitted nappy helps n managing how much you wee wee n potentially filling you nappy n learning there limits. Position you wee wee in affects it also but of course can wear nappy covers for more protection if worried n of course regular bum changes.

Most of all enjoy wearing n discovering n sure much good advice one here.

Nice Dummy in ur photo to 😂

Reactions: newAB43
Use high quality baby wipes, a good rash cream, and change frequently and your diaper wearing experience will be a pleasant one. Hope that helps. Enjoy your weekend!

Back